• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just thought i would share today

hi everyone hope everyone is well!
    my sober day! three weeks today
    went to work with a clear head and good attitude had a good day at my work
    had lunch then off to the gym did 90 mins at the gym felt good tiz a beautiful summer saturday hops on my motorbike goes for a run and i stop at a beach just minding my own and enjoying the view..this old fellow comes out of his car and starts chatting how nice the bike is and how his son just bought one and just general chat nice old fellow....
    then for no aparant reason the conversation changes??
    he talks about how his old drinking buddy is sick?? and how he has given away the booze three years ago just quit on his own!!
    he is worried about his pal and how he poisens himself with booze and wont eat but he forces the booze down( what are the chances of this man talking to a biker alcholic like me? and not knowing a thing about me and my troubles with drink?? this was nuts is someone upstairs looking after me??) it was a good reminder of what will happen if i drink? and a reminder of life if i dont
    be sick like his pal or be like him content to sit at a beach and enjoy the day?
    i left him feeling touched and pretty good...
    its now saturday night i am alone my family and friends are on the other side of the world
    and im content!! i have friends on here and can share so im not alone in the slightest
    and what of the sat buzz the weekend?? for me today is a day it has 24 hours in it
    the only difference between saturday and monday is that the spelling is different
    onwards and upwards odat..jon...:thanks:

Jon, I remember your early posts.....you have come so far in such a short time. Well done to you for turning it around!!!!!!!!!!! Much love and admiration, Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Glad you`ve got the booze licked jon. Hope you`re well proud of yourself.........I`m proud of you. It`s a beautiful life when we come out the other side of drink.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi jon,
        I do believe there is definitely some one up there.
        I keep on telling myself what is the differents between the week, and weekend. Iwill take that one on board that they are just spell different.

Thanks
        Teardrop.x
        family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
        X