Symptoms of over drinking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been really been trying to stop. I was AF for two days and had a few drinks yesterday. I think the one thing that's going to keep me from stopping, is my health. I have a rapid heart rate and stomach and liver pain. Has anyone else experienced these symtoms? If so, could you please let me know and if they eventually go away? I am going to see my doctor tomorrow and ask about Topamax. I just want to healthy enough to be able to take it. Please advise, if you can. Thank you!

T. Ahern, I am not a doctor but it is my understanding the too much alcohol can cause high blood pressure which might be the reason for the rapid heart rate. I'm glad you are going to see your doctor tomorrow. Good luck and let me know how you make out. Better AF for 2 days than none at all. Pleae take care.

Comment

Also alcohol completely screws your nervous system up which leads to anxiety and panic feelings which may contribute to a rapid heart.

I am sure you will feel much better if you manage to stop for a while.

2 AF days is great for a start.

Good luck with the doctor.

Comment

Hi T.Ahern-

I was having stomach pains which were sounding like an ulcer on the way. I also had trouble with anxiety. I only started to seriously look at quiting alcohol after the non-alcohol probs flaired to the point that I got really scared. My anxiety meds coulnd't keep up and I was really spiraling.

I kicked for 3 weeks and my anxiety and stomach cleared up. No way in world I could promise the same for you, but you've got to know it can only get better.

So my 2 cents is head to the doc and see what can be done.

BTW, I take campral and it is a bigger help than I ever could have imagined. My wife takes Topomax for epilepsy, so I've been around that for years and years. I hear alot of people concerned over word finding and generally dingy thoughts. Don't EVER sweat that. Its an everyday part of life in my marriage and compared to the stumblingor passed out drunk that I've become, a few seconds to wait for someone to complete their thought is NOTHING. I'm sure you're worth the wait also.

Good Luck!!
        D

Comment

Thank you, 12many! I am better today and I will go on-line to find out what campral is. I truly appriciate your support and I will let you know what the doc has to say.

Comment

Thank you, Marbella! I am better today and plan not to drink for awhile, if not forever. If I can get beyond this hard part, then perhaps I will live an AF life. I am very hopeful.

Comment

Thanks, Cuckoosnest, I like that name. I will let you know what the doc has to say and I truly appreciate your relpy.

Comment

T.Ahern, how did you make out today? It is about 7:45 EST. If you get this please let me know how you are doing. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

hey!!

T. Ahern, I hope you are well, let us know how you are! I read all the posts to and from you and have good positive thoughts for you and your AF future..........and mine! you are optimistic, and that is a great sign!!

I will be out of range for a few days, but hope to see you here when I get back :welcome:

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Excessive alcohol consumption does cause stomach ulcers, pain, indigestion and liver pain. They are all symptoms of the damage alcohol is doing to your body. Anxiety, paranoia, depression are mental health problems that are also caused by the affect of alcohol on your brain and endocrine/hormone system.

Most alcoholics will have approached their drs and been treated for depression, anxiety, ulcers ( I have had them in my mouth ) and be dependent on antacids. Trouble is we avoid the real cause - alcohol. I once met a guy who was constantly on medication for ulcers, he said it was caused by the cider he used to drink - now he drank Vodka and Orange as it wasn't as acidic! From 6pm until midnight - probably around 3/4 - 1L everyday without fail.

Simple answer - remove the booze and most health problems clear up. I struggle with my weight, exercise like a maniac when I am not drinking but I don't get the benefit as the alcohol kcals just replace those I burn off - I can't maintain strength as I am always under par......if I remove alcohol I become Ms Superfit!

Comment

the panic attacks just completely imobilize me, yesterday was an absolute nitemare. i had to get ativan and xanax to calm down, and then i drank. i can't do it anymore, i need to challenge myself AF one day at a time.

Comment

Hi Cuckcoosnest, actually I doing very well today. My doctor did prescribed Topamax and told me to STOP drinking and my health issues will disappear. I told him about MWO and he is very interested in learning more about it for some of his patients including his wife. I thought that was a huge comment coming from him. I was very excited that he listened to me and was interested in alternative theropy.

Thank you so much for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Cowgal,

I'm doing well today. I will not drink today and I am going to start taking Topamax. I am going to exercise and get myself back in shape. We are so much in this together and I am so incredibly grateful. Let me know how you are doing as well.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Hi Marbella,

I feeling great today, I hope I maintain this feeling. Everything went very well @ the doctor last night. I will start taking Topamax today and I am a little vervous about it. My doctor assures me that I will be fine taking this.

Did you request your free bottle of Kudzu? If so, how long did it take before you received it?

Please let me know how yoiu are doing and thank you very much!

Comment

Hi 12many,

Well, everything went well yesterday with my docto. He assured me that I will be okay as long as I follow his directions; "DON'T DRINK!" So, I need to be a good girl. I will be starting Topamax tonight and I am looking forward to a vodka free night. I am very hopeful.

I hope you are doing well today and I'll talk to you soon.

Thank very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X