Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just came back from the grocery store....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed just how much wine and beer they sell at the grocery store? I am in the south, (U.S.) and they can't sell "hard liquor" at the grocery store, just beer and wine. They have a display EVERYWHERE. Like at the end of the shampoo aisle, there is a wine display, with the bottles arranged so cute! LOL

Its everywhere. Near the diapers, the fruit, the bread...everywhere. It's kind of sad, because there must be a very high demand for it. And this time of day, I see plenty of "soccer moms" buying it. One or two bottles, trying to act like tonight's going to be a special night. Knowing full well they're gonna crack that bottle open as soon as they get home! Oh...maybe that's just me!

I made a similar post about a month ago, I thought it was just in NYC. there are ads everywhere advertising booze, beer. there seems to be more and more bars and pubs not to mention restaurants filled with people getting plastered. they don't sell booze at the supermarket here, but there are plenty of delis and liquor stores everywhere. lots of people on the trains and street wasted out of their heads. I think 911 really gave a lot of people the go ahead to get drunk on a regular basis.
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

hi isthisme & trixietrack! Here in the UK we have our big supermarkets eg Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose and they all have a huge alcohol section now and there's always "deals" on: eg buy 4-get 2 free and there's always really good quality wine slashed down in price by ?2-?3 at least. I've now learnt to walk very quickly down those isles, get hubby's wine and not cry too much!!

Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Yip isthisme and trix.........when we first go AF, it`s like a bloody minefield out there.........the booze is all around.......it`s like running the gauntlet to arrive home safely without having succumbed to a "purchase" or two!!!. lol

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Yes I agree, Here in the UK we now have a smoking ban in pubs, but even at 10am there are people outside with pints in there hand, smoking ......

We have a chain in the UK called weatherspoons that opens for breakfast, yesterday I walked past one at 9.30am to see a group of people with pints ......... but no breakfast ........
          sigpicXXX

Comment

During my first AF weekend I headed to a specialty grocery store (groceries here do not sell wine) that is out of my usual errand path. I discovered the shopping plaza was under construction and the store had apparently moved elsewhere. I found a parking spot, planning to inquire as to the whereabouts of the grocery.

Accccckkkkk! Due to construction, the only stores I could walk to were a Wine and Spirits Shop and a very expensive shoe store. Hmmm, face down temptation or temptation plus a snooty sales person who would scoff at the kicks I was wearing. :H

I chose to inquire at the Wine and Spirits shop. On my way there, I window shopped the shoes (of course!). In the display, next to a pair of fine Italian pumps was a fine bottle of Italian wine. I laughed out loud. I couldn't have avoided the stuff either way!

To add to the ridiculousness, the only reason I was going to the specialty store was to buy orange blossom water to make a special non alcoholic drink, Moroccan lemonade!

Comment

Working...
            X