New Day For Me. For All Of Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a member for about 2 weeks. I've never wrote posts, but i"ve always read. I'm a 24 year old alcoholic. I'm in rough shape. For one, my drinking consists of two day bendges, and two days of trying to slope off. This usually ends up a seven day occurance where i do not work. I've been through three girlfriends and thank God this third one cares enough for me to try to help me through my problem but I'm afraid she is starting to give up. I lost my mother to this disease when i was 18, uncle as well. I just want to vent a little and tell you all how much this site has helped me through some of this rough withdrawals. Thanks for all the help you all have given me whether you know it or not. I hope I can get to know some of you better in the future. =):new:

Hey Austin :welcome:

Thanks for making your first post. You're young. You can kick this thing. Keep reading and posting and get your life back on track.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

:welcome: Austin!

You are wise to reach out for help at such a young age. Especially after losing a mom and uncle when you were so young. One of my biggest fears in this life is not to be around when my kids turn 18.

Please stick around with us and post often. You will find amazing support here. :l

Comment

Oh, and what is your plan of attack in regards to quitting the alcohol? Are you taking any supplements? On any medication? Couselling? Have you downloaded RJ's book? The reason I am asking is because I know how important it is to have a plan in place. I know you had said you have been reading through the site and it has helped you with the rougher withdrawals. I think that is great! I am also glad you have the support of your GF - real life support is very helpful in kicking this to the curb.

If there is anything that you need to know, ask away. I am heading off to zzzzz... land but others will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Comment

New Day For Me, All Of Us

Thank You Everyone for your comments. I know I haven't responded with any kind of solution to my problem. I've been to a impatient rehab program and I realized the 12 step program is not my cup of tea. I'm agnostic and I feel this place makes me feel much more like home. As far as a recovery program is conserved I've tried the simple will power, which obviously does not work for me.. When i'm recovering, it's a simple matter of i'm quitting, that's it. A week after being sober, ahh i can do it just tonight. That is where i screw up, and thats where I need to find the help. Hopefully I can find it here with all of you all's good knowledge and maybe some excellent literature. I know now after what seems like hundred of times, willpower will not work , no matter how determined I am.. Thanks for reading =)

Comment

RE

oh BTW right now i'm on Campral that my PH prescribed me but it dons't seem to help with the cravings. =(

Comment

Hi Austin and :welcome:

I am on the supplements from this site and they really help. Download the book and give the whole programme a go. good luck

Rustop

Comment

Welcome Austin, glad you found us. I agreet he supplements really work. Check out the health store here. Along with the Campral maybe the kudzu and L-glut will make a difference. Good luck and keep coming back.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                X