NEWBIES IN NEED - ODAT - WEDNESDAY - DAY 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning All, Sorry I haven't been around much but with all the pressures of a new job it is quite difficult. I haven?t even had a chance to read up on the threads - so I'm not here to say much - but just to start the thread off and say a quick HI and good luck to everybody on Day 10 ODAT. Have a great day and speak soon.

Couldn't resist a quote before leaving you; so:

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner

Missing you all.

BS XX
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Bluesky and all to come,

Glad you posted this morning, Bluesky, I was wondering where you had gone. It sounds like you are doing well on the master cleanse and it is helping with the drinking, too. Yea!!

I am doing fine. Same old same old.

Hope all to come are doing well, too and have a wonderful day.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning Bluesky, Cindi and all to come.

Beautiful autumn morning here and have just had a walk with the doggies. Had another AF day yesterday so feeling good. Am on a mega cleaning spree, this always occurs when I stop drinking, its as if I am trying to clean inside and out. Taking my vitamins but am having trouble finding time with the cd's.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Blue, Cindi, & Rustop: I'm doing well. I feel a real shift in my thinking. I'm feeling like alcohol is not an option if I want a happy life. The high from drinking is so temporary, but the aftereffects are much more lasting. Do I want to waste my time & energy that way? Take care of yourselves & your abstinence (or moderation). Love, Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

hi everyone,

day 10 and i'm not feeling as depressed as i was but i'm having some major cravings.
          how many kudzu can you take at once?
          i need to get some glutamine.

deep breaths, deep breaths

THERE'S NOWAY I'M GOING TO DRINK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL ANGRY

sorry everyone, i just want to be honest

hope everyone has a good day

love want
          xxx
          AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
          There's fire in your eyes,
          Bite me, excite me,
          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
          Brings eternal flame.
          Open me to heaven,
          To heal me again.

Comment

Hey Want

Hope you are ok. Go for a walk its great for relieving stress. I take kutzu 3 times a day or am meant to, I have read that if you pop the l-glutamaine under your tongue it usually helps. You are doing great and we are all here for you.

Rustop

Comment

This is my official first day. I received the suppliments and cd's yesterday and picked up the topamax. I started with a bowl of cerial and the All in One powder. I will try to get some exercise in... take the mid morning stuff. Then I have to take a long drive out to a clients and drop off some equipment. And, a long drive back. I drank toooooo much yesterday and I'm feeling the effects of it today. I'm thinking I'll do some sort of cleansing thing too. Any suggestions are most welcomed. Thanks, JB
              Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Want: You can do this...rather we can do this together. Keep coming here & posting & reading. I didn't have the anger but did have the cravings. Those definitely diminish w/time. When I get anything even resembling a craving, I try to remember the awful aftermath of drinking. I even visualize some of my worst moments. They far, far outweight the temporary high. I was never satisfied w/the temporary high. I always, always went way too far. Also, remember the great AF times you've had. Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone - Bluesky, Cindi, Rustop, Mary, Want and welcome Capt JBean.

Day 10 for me and feeling positive - I keep delving into "Sober for Good" by Anne Fletcher - its really motivating and interestingly enough for some people in the book, realising that they needed to make a commitment to life without alcohol, was the turning point in their recovery and that the cravings will still be there as long as that unconscious question "how long will I quit for?" has not been answered. Would definitely recommend it if you are struggling just now.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone, will pop back later.

Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi Everybody,

I've not done too well with AF days this past week. I became extremely busy and wasn't taking the supplements, listening to the CD's, exercising, drinking loads of water, etc. I know this program works as long as I follow the plan. I feel so great when I am AF, so why in the world do I drink?

For the most part, I haven't drank enough to feel hungover this past week. However,
                    I can feel the buildup of the toxins in my body. I feel so sluggish and I am so unmotivated to do anything. I HATE wasting my day like this. I have so many projects I could be working on.

My nightly trigger is the dreaded dinner hour. If we can eat by 6PM, I am usually okay. If we don't eat by then, the Booze Beast is pounding hard at the door. I know I must be more disciplined in my planning so that dinner is ready. It really sounds so easy and it should be......but I just hate all the time it takes everyday. Cooking sucks.

tc

Comment

Hi Wednesday ODATers,
                      Yesterday was tough as we went to the mall and wandered into a Crate and Barrel store. The wineglasses in the store are really triggers for me!!!! I know the same thing happened last year at Xmas time. I guess I forgot the ODAT mantra and started thinking that I could not survive forever without another glass of wine (of course all those table displays set those feeling off). I lamented possibly celebrating the Holiday Season without alcohol. The whole situation shook my confidence a great deal BUT.......I survived and I problably needed my confidence shook up a bit. This isn't easy. I got out of the mall by saying to myself that I possibly would drink at the Holidays but I wouldn't drink today.

So, I learned that I get overwhelmed very easily and that I must keep away from Crate and Barrel and other kitchen stores. Not particularly deep thoughts but practical ones.

Going to run and check out the posts I missed yesterday. Hopefully can make it back later for another check-in.

Janet

Comment

Working...
                      X