Drunk again - but feeling some hope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm drunk again - three nights in a row - very bad, right?

The good news is I received my copy of My Way Out in the mail today - and I've been reading it and (finally) feeling some hope for my future. Maybe I could do it....

Along with the MWO book I also ordered two books from the Moderation Management folks - I definately feel like I have some hope - because I cannot see a future w/o alcohol - it seems too depressing, but the idea of being able to moderate is so great.

Although I'm drunk right now, I'm really surprised at my boyfriend's response to my drinking over the past 3 days - he's not mad, and not making me feel bad- just kind of worried I think.

Although he can be a real asshole, generally he is really supportive and sweet. I don't want to mess the whole relationship up with my drinking.... I think he's being more supportive because I've been so emotional about the whole drinking issue in the past week or two and I also admitted to him I have a real drinking problem.

Admitting my drinking problem makes me so sad... I feel like I can't control myself, and the realization that I have such a big problem just makes me feel like crying - I wish I didn't have so mahy problems and addictions (alcohol, smoking, food).

Why have I been struggling for so long when some of my friends can just live their lives and not worry about these things??? I get kind of angry when I think about how much harder it is for me. I've also struggled with depression for such a long time. The two (or three, or four) are connected, no doubt about that.

I guess I vascillate between feeling hopeful and feeling sad/angry/crying.

I just don't know what to feel - I haven't felt "normal" or even "ok" in such a long time. I don't think I know what that feels like.

Arghhhh - another long post - I just feel like I have so much to get off my chest!

Nancy
    I spend all my time treading water, just barely keeping my head above the waves... my past weighs me down & my fear of the future is drowning me.....
    :new:

Hi bananas,
    Yes, it is rather depressing to look around us and see the social drinkers happily sipping their couple of wines and then effortlessly walk a straight line to collect their coat before going home. Nah, I could never manage that either........at the end of the evening, I would always be "that pissed girl" as I fell over in my 4 inch stiletto heels as I tried to make a respectable exit, only to awaken in the morning to find a fag burn in a very expensive dress!!! lol Then there`s the night one of my "dates"(dumped me for being a drunk!!! LMAO) told me we played pool in his evaaaaaa so swanky house after a night out......soooooo strange, because, for the life of me, I cannot remember holding a cue, never mind potting anything.ha ha ha My point in all of this?.......simple........I do not drink now, simply because, for me to drink invariably resulted in me being black out drunk.......the life and soul of the party, AND..........the talk of the place!!! lol

I don`t know you, therefore cannot say for certain that moderation would be outwith your capabilities, as indeed it`s outwith mine. What I will say though, is that you sound exactly as I used to........"Admitting my drinking problem makes me so sad......I feel like I can`t control myself, and the realization that I have such a big problem just makes me feel like crying"........that statement says that you are at the end of the road as regards drink, and now you must decide what you are going to do about it for your greater good.

I suggest you initially goal yourself to do the recommended 30 days abs and then decide if you wish to continue with abs or try to moderate........noone can make that decision for you.........you have to decide for yourself whether or not you could mod........I tried and failed. However, I have found a new and better kind of happiness in remaining AF........I`m almost 11 wks. sober, and no longer ashamed of myself........not drinking has given me back my self respect and I do not miss drinking in the least now. The sober life has surprised me........I truly couldn`t be happier.

Wishing you love and strength to make the decision that is right for you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi bananas,
      Admitting is the first step. I think it takes lots of soul searching to find out what is best for you. Go easy on yourself for your journey. You would be surprised how many of those so called level headed drinkers are just like you and me because I was one of them. Have a few drinks at the party and go home and get blitzed. You are not alone.

Comment

Hi Bananas, I'm really feeling for you right now. You have just made a huge step and it all starts from here, just keep on looking in, reading posts and joining in. Starlight - you are amazing!

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Admitting that you have a problem with drinking is the first step we all take when concidering recovery, for without it, there is no chance of recovery.

It sounds to me like you have already taken that first step. Im also suggesting that you take a 30 day AF journey and really search your soul.I've been down your road several times, and the outcome is always the same-DRUNK! And at the end of the day, feeling sick and tired of leading a life that has EVERY path of positive productivity, if I could just loose my ADDICTION to booze.

Dont be a stranger in here, we are all in the same boat one way or the other.

God Bless

Comment

Hi bannanas, just hang in there! I'm the worst drunk I could ever imagine walk this earth. I'm sure so many think the same. I'm taking advice from everyone here and it really helps. Myself, I know moderation is not possibe, and I think starlight is right in saying you have to make that decision yourself, but what better way to make it after 30 days AF. I'm glad your boyfriend is supportive, but take it from my experience. My fiance got tired and now she's gone, and I'm facing my biggest obstacle without her, I wish she was here. So, thank your boyfriend for his support and always remember your loved ones before you take that drink.

Comment

Hello Bananas!

You've landed in a wonderful safe place. I have yet to read a mean-spirited, judgmental post (except when we're "judging" ourselves, and then we're all pretty unforgiving!) I sometimes think that if we loved ourselves half as much as others love us (in real life and here in cyber-recovery-land) we'd be so much better off. I wish you success with all my heart.

Jane
              Jane Jane

Comment

Working...
              X