Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not very successful...but still hopeful!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I have been checking in daily since the beginning of the week. Iam new here. I havent been able to be AF yet, not enough will power , I suppose. I have maintained my drinking habits but still want to change, why is this so hard?? I hate it!! At this point in time I can't see myself not drinking, that is a very scary thought. I guess that is why Im here!! I bought a box of wine last night had 4 glasses and feel like I have let myself down again. I bought some soda water fiquiring I would dilute it, didn't happen that way. I can rationalize anything. Ya know like... well its pinoit noir its good for you, not 4 glasses!! I ll just have 2 glasses. Well first 2 taste sooo good 2 more makes it better!! Agghhh. Well I think I will try to be more positive about things today.

Taa,

Yes, you are dealing with the addiction, big time. Know it well. Sits on my back much of the time.

How about you just shoot for one day, today? Knowing it may get really miserable. Accept it. It is simply not a miserable that will hurt you.

I found through my many missteps that every day AF I did make ended up reinforcing me to continue trying, even when I lapsed.

Success builds on success.

So, one day, today, you WILL NOT DRINK, even if you feel miserable because of it.

You will find, as I did, that the "miserable" goes away pretty quickly and as AF days start piling up, the miserable periods get farther and farther apart.

I think Chief stated it best for me when I started this AF run, "Just pretend you have the flu."

Good luck, and hang in there!!

We will be here if you need us.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Welcome Taa! I am new here too. Been watching the boards for 2 weeks and posting some. I was so impressed that I bought the cds, book and supps. My topa just came in the mail yesterday and today I am starting Day One AF.

I understand where you are coming from. 4 glasses? Not bad. I drink 7-8 every night and still manage to go to work (hung-over and looking like crap) and feeling like crap. The only time I feel better (normal) is on my way home from work I buy more wine and after the first glass or so I feel like myself. Then I continue on through the night. The next day though I cannot remember things I did, things I said, or anything. My husband and son are really fed up with my behavior but the more they talked to me about it the more nasty I became in trying to take up for my habit (well, at least I am not out in a bar or anything). My husband doesn't drink so quiting should be a little easier for me.

Every Saturday (faithfully) like starting a new diet I say "Tomorrow I will quit" but it never works. Or at least, it hasn't in the past. I realize that for some of us, willpower is not enough on its own.

You will find lots of comfort here, good hearts and listening ears. Welcome!
      :new:

Comment

Hi taa813,
        Well I guess much like our affliction, our recovery is progressive.
        I used to be exactly where you are today.........could never imagine that I would actually get sober, BUT!!!.......I am 11 wks. sober today.

You`ll begin your journey into sobriety only when you are good and ready. I just made up my mind to stop kidding myself.........once you make a commitment to quitting, there will be no stopping you...........trust me.........I used to be a mirror image of you.

Wishing you love and strength for your journey,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Why and When we drink can often be a VERY confusing part of our addiction.For me? I often drink after 4-6 weeks of complete sobriety and am feeling like im on top of the world.Its time for Bill to ''party'' with the rest of the world so I dont ''think''that I get left out on anything. Trouble is, Bill never stops at ONE night of partying.He drinks himself into oblivion and MUST drink again the next few days,just so he can feel better.He drinks until he is SO sick that he CANT drink anymore.

The above is part of MY addiction. For me to continue to be sober, I must be aware of the above at ALL times, it is one of the superiour things that can trigger a drinking binge for me..

Nobody can tell anyone that they have a problem if they dont first admit it to themselves.Once a person realizes they have an addiction issue, than they can start to take steps to address their problem. If you know you have a problem and really want the help, its out there..Trust me on that one.

Keep coming back--we are ALL on YOUR side.

Bill

Comment

taa, redgal, and Billy
            I am so glad you have come here and posted. You are going through some tough times and struggling hard. Many of us who have been here for a while remember when we could never imagine living life as sober people. But here we are now - sober and happy. You can do it too. It takes some commitment and hard work but you can all do it. We are here to help every step of the way. Download and read the book, take the supps and listen to the cd's, read and post here every day. There is a way out of this. We all want you to succeed.

:welcome:
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Mags summed up what I was going to say.

Welcome to you all and I hope you stick around. This can be done. A lot of us are doing it - thanks to this program and the support of everyone here!

:welcome:

Comment

Working...
              X