Newbies in need ODAT Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 AF for me - I have a stressful few days ahead but am determined not to drink today. Am feeling optimistic about the next few days. Am going to try and eat raw foods etc to really kick start. This has helped me before, gives me an energy boost which I think helps the feeling of well being. Good luck everyone for today

Poppy

Hi Poppy and all to come

Well done on Day 2 Poppy. The first few days are always the worst. I tried L-glutamaine last night for the first time and I dont know if it was psychological or not but the cravings/that voice in your head urging you to pour a drink went away. I have been taking the supplements but must admit when things get busy I dont always take them three times a day and yesterday was one of those days. I had bought the l-glut and had read on the site about pouring one under your tongue. It worked last night and I had another AF day so whatever it takes.

Hope everyone is doing well and welcome to a lot of newer newbies who joined yesterday.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Rustop & all

Yes I must admit I havent been doing the supps but have just started the topa today ......again. With the L Glut do you break the capsule and put under your tongue? I guess it gets into your system quicker that way.

Will post again later x Popp

Comment

Hi everyone,
        I'm trying everything....
        acupuncture, meditation, supps/meds, moderate exercise/yoga, reading, spiritual improvement (letting go & letting God), and listening to my MWO friends. A lot of work but....... it's beginning to work. Thank goodness for you all and for my supportive husband whom I love very much.
        Have a good AF day ...
        FBy
        xox
        Fby

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
        - Soren Kierkegaard

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, here we go with another day 2, I started the L Glut and Kudzu yesterday so will post when I have something to report, hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Hi everyone, sorry but haven't had much time to post but I reckon that even a few lines just to check in is better than nothing. I see that we have loads of new members here so Hi to all the Oldies and the Newbie's (this is a great place to be) as well. Good luck with everyone who is about to try the Supps and the CDs - I have not used them since way back but I do believe they are a great motivation in the beginning to get you started. If I find some spare time I think I will stick on my headphones and "go down the escalator" with James - if anything - it is very relaxing. I am still doing my "Cleanse" so completely AF for me at the moment, but wish someone could give me the magic answer as to how to "turn off the switch" when I do decide to have a drink again……….. Moderation would be wonderful; but in the meantime AF just rocks. Have a great day everyone and speak tomorrow.

BS X
            It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Everyone:

I just put my 10th zero in DrinkTracker. It looks pretty good to me. To any newcomers, DrinkTracker is a chart to help you keep track of your drinking &/or abstinence. It's a great visual. Just click on it from the main forum menu, & it's easy to register for it. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Good morning to all Newbies,

It sounds like many are doing well. Great news.

Mary - Day 10 is big. Keep on going!!

I am doing okay other than this pesky virus I picked up. However, it is allowing me to stay home for a few days, which is always a blessing.

Despite being sick, yesterday I took the opportunity to take my daughter out wedding dress shopping. We picked a beautiful dress, which cost me an arm and a leg!! It was hard because I was feeling so weak but I knew I had to take the opp while I had it. I so seldom get to be home while she is not working.

If anyone is interested, here is the link to the dress she picked out.

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns F9016 Strapless satin corset bodice with beaded metallic lace trim.

The dress actually looks better on my daughter because she has a very womanly figure and the dress is designed for someone with curves.

I am so excited.

Other than that, I have been drinking a lot of decaf tea - Constant Comment - it helps with the sore throat and doesn't get me jumpy.

Enough about me and mine.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow Cindi

That wedding gown is absolutely adorable, she will be beautiful, when is the big day? I hope your cold gets better soon, take care of yourself. Running off to the dentist?...

BS X
                  It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Cindi: I just looked at the wedding gown...it is beautiful. Don't forget to splurge a little on the mother-of-the-bride dress! You deserve it! Enjoy every minute of the whole pre-wedding & wedding experience. Love, Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone - hope you are all having a good day. Good to hear from everyone, old and new - its funny, I jump around the other forums but here on this thread, it just feels like "home" (maybe its cause I've been here so long!!) but it really does help me to stay focused - or I should say, you guys really help me to stay focused! Cindi, that dress is amazing - your daughter is going to look stunning!

Day 16 and I'm thinking less and less about drinking. Next week may be hard while we're away as usually thats a major part of our holiday - getting in after a real good walk, drawing the curtains and pouring that first glass of white, especially this time of the year! But not this time! It will be interesting to see how my hubby manages - he's definitely cut down as well to try and support me (he only drinks weekends anyway!) but whereas he would have anything from 3-6 glasses Friday to Sunday night, he is now having just that one glass, maximum of two.

Well, got lots to do and have got the house to myself so no excuses - house to myself....I know what that would have meant a few weeks ago......!! There's wine in the fridge but I know thats where it'll stay.........not going back there, no way!

Janicexxx
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Wow Cindi the dress is amazing. Your daughter will look beautiful. Know you are feeling rotton with the virus but can you imagine going shopping with a hangover!! I can remember what it felt like, not nice. Be proud of yourself that you were able to share the experience with her clear headed if not 100%.

Poppy I opened the capsule as that is what I had read about people doing on the site. It did the trick so I defnitely would use it again.

Rustop

Comment

Janice: What a sweetheart you husband is to cut down that way. My husband doesn't think much about drinking. Once in a while, he open a beer but rarely. Now that I'm not drinking & instigating "cocktail hour" he doesn't even miss it. You'll find other things to do on your holiday. I'm going to stock up on herbal teas (great for this time of year), & I love coffee & espresso. Mary
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

good day!!

yesterday was rough, but w/ alot of support from you all, made it through, BUT, did drink a few beers to numb the pain, I wish you all success on your AF day, and will try to check in later,:goodjob: To you all, you inspire me!!!!!

Love,

MA:h
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Damn it Mary Ann, I am going to our Publix and buying all the Miller Lite so you can't have any! Hmmmm... now what about me?:no:

Comment

Working...
                              X