Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Hello Everyone,
    You can call me Pancho, my story goes like this: I'm turning 40 next month and i've been an alcoholic half my life not proud of it at all. I've done the meetings,programs,cold turkey,rehabs and nothing seems to work. I met this wonderful girl 2 yrs. ago she knows i'm an alcoholic. She has been very supportive in me when I try to stop drinking she read the book MWO. We purchased the supplements and were going to give it another try. The one thing we didn't buy is the topa because I don't have medical insurance. I understand it's very important to have a physican monitor me. My question to everyone out there can this be done w/o topa? Please help me in my recovery!! also how do I put on these silly icons I Love them

I'm new here

Hey Pancho,

Some of us here have been able to stop drinking with out the Topa and some haven't. The question is how much had you been drinking? I was typically a binge drinker 1-2x a week. It wasn't critical for me to be monitored by a doctor due to my level of drinking. If you have been drinking alot every day for a long time it does become important to see a doctor. Others here are better equipped to inform you of the reasons why.

You'll get alot of support here, don't be afraid to tell us anything because someone else has probably done it too.

:welcome: to the MWO boards and I wish you much success!

-lorelei
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

I'm new here

Hi PANCHO and welcome.

The answer to your question is......... Yes, it is possible to get sober without taking topa or any other med........am almost 3 months sober and haven`t taken any meds. I would have had no reservations about taking topa if I hadn`t managed to quit without it.........my quest was to get sober, by whichever means I found necessary.You can buy the topa from online pharmacies as long as you`re willing to foot the bill yourself.

Am not in any way promoting doing this without the meds. All I will say is that you can go ahead and try doing the programme without the meds, but if you find it`s not working for you, I really think meds is the way forward.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I'm new here

I tried w/o the topa and failed, so have started with the topa, but I've tried everything under the sun over the last 7 years. I'm a pretty hard core alcohol addict. To get an icon click "user cp" at the top left of your screen, then click edit avatar, and you will see a set of pictures to choose from. Good luck in your quest. There are many wonderful and caring people at this web site with insight and support, who can and will help you.

IO
        "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

I'm new here

Pancho, Hi...although I am relatively new here, I started last Jan. I took the supplements no Topa and felt a difference. I thought I was going to just moderate...turns out that is not for me. Not at this time anyway. I am back again x 1 week of supplements. Although I have not been completely drink free I feel as though my cravings have cut back. Had only 2 glasses wine last night practically nothing in the big picture of my drinking. I to will be 40 next month and I have set a goal of one month AF(Alcohol Free) for my birthday gift to myself and my family. Good luck and keep checking in. I believe this component of the program is important, I didn't do it the first time around and I find the people here are very kind and it is good to hear you are not alone. Tammy

Comment

I'm new here

Welcome Pancho
            I didn't use the topa, just the supplements and vitamins, also kudzu and L-glutamine.
            and coming her often and getting support.
            I think that if I had let my drinking progress, then I would need to be supervised.
            if you have been drinking heavily, then you might want to check with a doctor or hospital.
            withdrawl can be serious.
            good luck to you
            Trix
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

I'm new here

Pancho,

Topa can be bought online at pharmacies that advertise on this site. MWO is a great program. you should get the hypnosis CD's too. Good luck.
              ?If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.? -Wayne Dyer

Comment

I'm new here

Pancho,
                Welcome! So glad you are here.
                Click on your name in the upper right hand corner and it will bring up your profile, etc.
                The avatar section will walk you thru the pic set up.
                Then click on everything that's clickable and set yourself up!
                Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

I'm new here

Brand New

This is my second day to this program. Hello, my name is Slick77 - and I'm an alcoholic for at least the past 17 years. I've tried just about everything under the sun to stay clean and sober; Camprall, Naltrexone, other Meds, AA, meetings, two stints at Rehab and dispite a short period of sobriety (about four months) - been pretty much a daily drinker. It seems like it goes in spurts for me - I can be o.k. for a few days managing with only a few drinks at night - and than BAM! I'm off on a tear Binge - the last was a few weeks ago which kept me out of work for a week and a half. I'm hoping beyond hope that this program "MWO" really does work - I didn't like AA, - I didn't like my sponser, and I found going to meetings everynight simply another requirement in my already hectic schedule. I've purchased the TOPA and am hopeful for some positive results. I've also purchased the "Relax Pax", the book, and the Hypno CD's. All I could really afford for now. I suppose I'm a functioning alcoholic - I have a job, I'm married and have two beautiful joys (a son of 4 mos. and a daughter of 4yrs). I remember when I was sober, my family was a joy and my relationship with them closer than it's ever been, but like so many of us - we return to booze - and everything starts to spiral out of control. I don't want this desease to progress any further - I don't want to lose my family or my job. I'm looking for an answer, support and feedback. If there's anyone out there who can help me along in this program I would be in your debt. Also, any comments about TOPA would be appreciated.
                  Thanks
                  Slick77
                  :new:

Comment

I'm new here

:welcome: to you both, PANCHO and Slick77!

This program does work if you want it to. It has been working for myself and many others here. You will find a lot of support and very helpful information on the threads, so I suggest you read lots and post lots!

I have no experience with the Topa, but there has been awesome feedback in regards to it. You may want to check out the section regarding medications and holistic healing. There is a wealth of information there.

Slick77 - I quit drinking back in December. I have drank a total of 11 drinks since then (tried to moderate after a few months) but decided that life free of alcohol was necessary. I really love being free of this burden. I love being able to function and to enjoy life on life's terms.

My husband quit a few weeks ago and he came home from work last night and mentioned he was excited to come home and loved the fact we are actually 'enjoying' our family life. We have a 2.5 year old here and are finding ourselves laughing more, and appreciating what we have.

Stick around! You will be happy you did.

Comment

I'm new here

:welcome: Pancho...whether you do the topa or not you'll find lots of help and support here - it'll really help you in your recovery.

Stick around!

Suze x
                      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I'm new here

Welcome PANCHO and Slick-- yeh, as everyone here says, this is a great place... it's best for those that really are committed to get control of their life. I'm not in control myself, mind you, but am moving in that direction, with the help of the great friends I have made here.

I would say that one of the most important parts of the program is the supplements. Please try them (you can make your own supplement program)-- they will make it easier to give up alcohol, and will improve your health.

Exercise is also said to be very important, but personally, I have not had as much results from that as regards alcohol, but hey-- exercise is good no matter what, right?

The hypno tapes are ok by me-- I use them every night-- but I'm not able to say how effective they are.

The most effective is this great place to come to. If you are in need of help, there's someone here, if you are feeling good, please share.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm new here

p.s I don't use any meds, but maybe I should since I keep slipping.

AND regarding quitting, you should not do cold turkey without the help of a physician if you have been drinking heavily for many years. Believe me, I tried and I had a siezure while driving on the highway in rush hour. You don't want to try that. There are other ways, though, to quit by yourself.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I'm new here

Thanks to ALL of you who wrote back to me. SAD to say I slipped again I went AF for about a week and wednesday night I had a couple of drinks and it's now Friday and I can't stop.The supplements haven't arrived yet so I guess I figure I can drink. My girlfriend is a little disappointed in me not that she told me I sense it in her voice. I was so excited going sober free for a week and it just hit me. I hate myself, I hate myself for drinking because I can go on for days. It's that stupid little voice in my head telling me to drink.Please continue to support me,remind me I can go AF, I can, I can, I can, I must !!!

Comment

I'm new here

Hi Pancho (and Slick 77) :welcome:

I can't take the Topa- it does not agree with me, but I have the Kudzu and L- Glut.

I, like you, have good weeks then go and ruin it.

I am jumping right in at the deep end on Monday- I will do 30 days AF NO MATTER WHAT.

My life is going really well at the moment- but I keep bloody sabotaging everything with the booze. It is like I have to self destruct- WTF??

From what I have read from the posts (Have only been here about a month) the fact that we keep trying is the important thing- eventually we will make it.

Good luck, and I am glad you have such a supportive girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                              X