going to detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to detox

clearly i cant moderate or do this alone. i am checking into the chemical dependeny unit for a three day detox at the hospital, then starting a rigorous outpatient program, i'll keep u all posted. thanks for all the support

going to detox

Wishing you all the best for your stay fammy. Admire your courage in doing what you know you must do for you.

See you when you get back.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

going to detox

Fammy,

Good for you!! You are taking the right steps for yourself to take care of yourself.

You are brave.

Please keep us posted when you come back.

Best of luck,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

going to detox

Fammy,

My husband went for three days in April and he was very happy with the care he got.
        He came home a little fuzzy and so motivated for a new lifestyle.
        They didn't let him take his computer so he had MWO withdrawal!
        Take care of yourself.
        We will be thinking of you.

Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

going to detox

Fammy, good stuff! Sometimes we simply need that extra help/care to get us going. I am excited for you and hope this will be what you need to kick start your quit!

Keep in touch, and all the best.

Comment

going to detox

i'll be back in three days, so excited to be sober

Comment

going to detox

I want to go with you!!!

Comment

going to detox

We`ll share your excitement, fammy.

Comment

going to detox

wonderworld;209897 wrote: I want to go with you!!!
                  so why dont u go

Comment

going to detox

thoguht about it!

Hey I may be right behind you, I don't think they have 3 day treatments here, I think it is 5 and I cannot miss that much work, but will keep you in my thoughts and let us know any pointers when you get out, I think it will be GREAT for you!!!!:goodjob:

LOVE you,:h :l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

going to detox

cowgal;209902 wrote: Hey I may be right behind you, I don't think they have 3 day treatments here, I think it is 5 and I cannot miss that much work, but will keep you in my thoughts and let us know any pointers when you get out, I think it will be GREAT for you!!!!:goodjob:

LOVE you,:h :l

MA
                      thank u, ill keep u posted

Comment

going to detox

Fammy-
                        Well, I'm day 4 AF and was only drinking for about 3 weeks after a long AF period- almost 5 years. So, I don't need detox, I guess. No bad withdrawals. And the cravings are mental rather than physical, I think. I went to the doc last week and told him what's up and he gave me 3 days woth of librium to start the AF and campral for after that and is keeping an eye on me.
                        But I will tell you, that if I don't get totally AF again very soon, I will go to treatment. I can't risk another long bout of drinking. It gets very bad with me. I went to a nightime outpatient program nearby at the beginning last time and it was really helpful.

The "I want to go with you" comment was about wanting to feel safe from my cravings and in good professional hands. There's something reassuring in that. These early days are very stressful. I feel nervous and afraid I won't "make it".

Not that you needed that long explanation, but I guess I shouldn't have made such a flippant comment-

Look forward to hearing about your experience when you get back,
                        luv, Beth

Comment

going to detox

wonderworld;209911 wrote: Fammy-
                          Well, I'm day 4 AF and was only drinking for about 3 weeks after a long AF period- almost 5 years. So, I don't need detox, I guess. No bad withdrawals. And the cravings are mental rather than physical, I think. I went to the doc last week and told him what's up and he gave me 3 days woth of librium to start the AF and campral for after that and is keeping an eye on me.
                          But I will tell you, that if I don't get totally AF again very soon, I will go to treatment. I can't risk another long bout of drinking. It gets very bad with me. I went to a nightime outpatient program nearby at the beginning last time and it was really helpful.

The "I want to go with you" comment was about wanting to feel safe from my cravings and in good professional hands. There's something reassuring in that. These early days are very stressful. I feel nervous and afraid I won't "make it".

Not that you needed that long explanation, but I guess I shouldn't have made such a flippant comment-

Look forward to hearing about your experience when you get back,
                          luv, Beth
                          no worries, i support u and know that u can stay strong.

Comment

going to detox

Fammy: I hope you'll come back to MWO when you go home. We'll be here...right where you left us. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

going to detox

Good luck Fammy! Look forward to hearing from you when you get back. Take care.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X