Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I be Okay?

Hello,

I started drinking 10 years ago at the age of 18 never thinking it would be this big of a problem today. Nothing I do is ever done in moderation including my drinking. If I start drinking Jack/coke I wont stop. I don't know if this is good or not but I only drink beer now. I tell myself it's safer. Beer is my alone and depressed drink (12 pack a night on a workday and way too much on weekends. The last three years have been the hardest. I realized I have a problem and need help.

The past three years have been nothing but hangovers, detox, therapy and fixing everything I fucked up in my life. Nothing is seeming to work. Out of 10 years, I have been sober maybe 9 months from multipal attemps and I don't think I fix anything.

I hope this book and forum help or I will die alone:upset: I am commited to get better but it is scary as always and seems to hurt more each time.

Will I be Okay?

If you have commitment to get better as you said in your post then you can do this. Much of this takes the right mindset. The rest of the program is very helpful so I hope you will look into it. Welcome to MWO!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Will I be Okay?

We were all scared to quit buddha........drink was my comforter.........yet at the same time it was relentlessly destroying me. I`ve learned not to need the drink. You`ll be fine......it just takes a lot of guts to take the plunge to quit.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Buddha,
        WELCOME!
        pls look at the "I'm new here" thread, there is lots of advice there that applies to you. There are so many people here ready to help you. You will not die alone.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Will I be Okay?

I would really suggest you see your doctor. The last thing you want to do is go cold turkey in your circumstances. You have been drinking a lot for the last 3 years or so, and daily from what I am reading. Going cold turkey can be life threatening. And please do not think I am assuming your are going to have a seizure or anything, but please be on the safe side of things here.

You can do this if you want it bad enough. The thing that holds us back the most in life is FEAR. I know you are scared, but look, is alcohol making your life better? No, or else you wouldn't be here. I am completely AF, and with each and every day life is that much better. It is rough, rough, rough in the beginning but TRUST me - it does pass and things start to look so much brighter. Determination, support and taking very good care of you is the name of this game.

You are safe here. You will find sooooo much support and love. Express your thoughts, feelings, experiences, etc., by posting often. You will never be alone. Get a hold of the supplements (if you haven't already), download the book and take that leap of faith!!!! It will be the best leap you ever make. You only have a life to look forward to being free of alcohol.

Welcome again to you... (I posted a welcome in your other thread). I really hope you stick around. And please see your doctor to help you with the withdrawals, OK? We are here for you!

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Welcome, this plan will work if you will just do what is recommended and never quit. I am glad you found us.

bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Will I be Okay?

:welcome: Buddha!

You made a great choice coming here, you'll get as much support as you need to work through this. Please do see a doctor, we wouldn't want anything to happen to you. None of us thought we'd end up here when we started drinking, but we all did and we're all helping each other. I look forward to seeing you around the boards!

You can do this!!
              Suddenly I see
              This is what I want to be
              suddenly I see
              Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Hi there Buddah,
                Yes you can stop and you will be okay.Its not easy but you can do it.This place is wonderful for support and advise and is an endless of supply of silliness as well :H
                Its a year for me today so I know its possible.I was a 24 hour a day drunk, a bottle of vodka a day,more sometimes.I would wake up in the middle of the night and come straight into the computer room and start to drink again. A year ago I just decide enough was enough and just stopped.No meds, no withdrawals just a good hard battle on my hands.
                Accountable is right about going to the Doc just to be safe but I was a very heavy drinker for a very long time and had no problems going cold turkey I guess it just depends on the person.
                Coming on here helped me more than anything and I know it will help you too.We all on the same journey and we're all here for you.
                Good luck we're with you...
                Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Welcome Buddha,
                  You can do this if you really want to. You are only young, the damage that you are doing
                  to your body can be repaired if you stop now. Yes I would also suggest you see your doc.
                  The first step you have taken is the most important one, admitting you have a problem.
                  The second is doing something positive about it. I wish I had sought help at 28, but never
                  recognised I had a problem. You have so work on it, so please spare yourself years of
                  suffering from this affliction. Read the book, visit this site share your worries, we all
                  understand. and wish you well.
                  Paula.

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Hi Buddha. Well it is not easy but you can do it. What has worked for me is out patient rehab and AA meetings. I now that sucks but give it a try it is not that bad. I feel so much better Day 31 AF. Please let me know if you need some info on rehab or AA ECHOME.

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Hi Budd, welcome and well done for posting. Consider today the first day of the rest of your lovely life. Keep posting.

L
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Will I be Okay?

Welcome Buddha,

Yes - you CAN do this - and this site will help - what you need is a total commitment to actually do it.

Once you have that - it is relatively straightforwanrd - not easy - but straightforward and definitely do-able!

Best of luck

Satori
                        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Will I be Okay?

welcome Buddha

:welcome: A big welcome to you too, I wish, also that at such a young age I realized I could have a problem, For me AA has been sorta helpful in some ways, try what is best for you and come here for support.............we are all here for you, you will not die alone....................we won't let you, keep posting and opening up and venting if you need to..........

This IS the first day of the rest of your life, may be rough right now, and seek medical help if you need as advised above..........

We are here for you,:h

With LOVE ,:l

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Will I be Okay?

busy mind!!

right now I feel confident...tonites another story...Iam going AF tonite and as the evening hours start to come and I think of no drink I become nervous. I am absolutely confident I will do this tonight...how long does the fear last?? I know I can do this evening but what scares me is the thought of saying good bye to my evening companion forever. Although in the beginning it was a great friend, or at least I thought, it is now a huge burden to my mind. I want the chatter in my brain to stop. I haven't been without a nightly drink in years, although I can cut back I always have a drink. So I am scared of this change not sure why. I guess my question is about how long do these strong mental games go on?? I fiqure we are all different but to have a general idea might be helpful...anyone?

Comment

Working...
                            X