Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning everyone

Beautiful sunny morning here and have just had my walk with the doggies so feeling optimistic.

Livniv, I went to a wedding in September when I was about 15 days into my first AF 30 Days. I got through it ok but went really prepared, brought my cd's, measured out my supplements etc. and stuck with the programme. It wasnt easy but I got through it, good luck.

Garden Girl, well done on being so open with us all. I know this is a hard time for you and we all feel guilty regarding our kids and our drinking. Take it ODAT, we are all there for you.

Mary, Cindi, Janice and all others have another great AF day.

Rustop

Hi Rustop and all to follow; Beautiful day here in France also, it's amazing. Glad that you are feeling optimistic after you walk with your dogs Rustop, there is absolutely nothing better for the soul and mind than exercise and fresh air, it's wonderful.

My love and thoughts go out to everybody today, but especially Garden Girl who is having a tough time right now, glad to see that you are keeping positive Garden Girl, it will all work out in the end and always think to yourself "it could have been worse"; and in the meantime here is wishing you good luck with everything.

Hope your cold is a bit better Cindi and that you are not missing your children too much Janice, have to run as new job is calling - have a great ODAT AF day everyone.

Love to all,

BS X
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

good morning

Hi to all so far and all yet to come onto this thread, made it AF yesterday, so feeling VERY optimistic, although my husband DID bring up the divorce crap again last night:upset: after I got home from a wonderful, exciting swim meet where my son's team came in 1st place in most of the heats!!WOW, this is my first year being involved in swimming, always thought, what a BORE, but those kids kick A**!!!

I feel confident I will be ok at dinner tonight, in a great frame of mind and have been listening to the CDs on my way to and from work, they really help!!:exclaimation:

Had a super busy day so far and I am back to try to catch up, so won't be able to get here for a while, so I will check in when I get a chance, hope you are all well, and my love and hope goes out to you all:h

LOVE YOU!!!!:l
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Good for you Mary Ann, and I didn't even have to buy up all the Miller Lite in town! Day 3 for me, so far so good. Had a parent teacher conference this morning, always motivting to here the kids are doing well. Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

hi to Rustop, Bluesky, Cowgal and Gonegator! Just popping in quickly as loads to do - not sure if I'll get on again before we go away. Going early Friday morning but out all day tomorrow. Back next Sunday 28th when I'll definitely have 28days AF!! I am so up for this!! Looking forward to some quality time with husband, some time to think and appreciate what I have in my life right now, read a couple of books and getting out for some nice walks. Take care everyone, I'll be thinking of you all........Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi Everyone: It sounds like everyone is doing OK. Cowgirl: I try not to let other people's bad moods effect me. It's not easy, but I try to remember that my husband's (or anyone else's) negativity is their own, not mine. Good for you for not letting it get to you. Love, Mary
            PS: Day 12 today
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hey all

Just getting back to checking this thread, thanks for support, good going Gogator...........it is reasuring to know our kids are doing well...........JAnet, have a safe, fun, sober (congrats on so much time by the way!!!:happy: ) trip!! I am bad at remembering everyone's names, but reteatcher, rustop, gardengirl, bluesky and all who follow, hope you are staying positive, in the day and moment.....................that is how I am going to get through this, and every day (promise to myself!!! I am worth it:h ) I am feeling great about this, and not going to let ANYONE or THING bring me down (today! )

Love to all:h , later.......................

MA

Comment

Hey, good to hear folks are well. I'm feeling a bit better today (from 'stressed' to 'pensive'). Off to Chicago ... I may or may not post in the next few days, but I'll be back by Monday at the latest.

peace and strength,
                lilnev
                Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
                A: Practice, of course.

Comment

good trip

Lilnev, good luck on your trip, take a good book, coffee is great in the airports too, Starbucks or Caribou.................YUM

MA

Comment

Hi All: I'm back. I really like to check in to this & other threads from time to time during the day. It really gives me strength. Bluesky, I like what you say about being prepared when you have a wedding or some other social event that involves liquor. I also try to make sure I have an AF drink in my hand, so that I'm not tempted when someone asks what I want.

Now that I'm a little farther along in my recovery, I'm beginning to realize that the social drinking isn't as difficult to give up as the lone drinking I was doing. That was my so-called "salvation" from all the stress of my life. Obviously, it didn't really save me from anything...it just seemed that for that one drinking day, I could let my mind & body rest. I'm now looking for other less destructive ways to rest, relax, & rejuvenate. I'm getting there. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

me too Mary

I feel I drank the same way for the same reasons.................please do share when you find some good alternatives, PM me or just in this thread, I am open and looking for positive "different" ways to relax and escape!!

MA

Comment

Hi everyone, glad to see everyone is upbeat so i will join in with my success of 9 out of 10 days af. Out of all this mess I have got myself in to ,there is a positive and that is that I am even more determined to fight this affliction no matter what happens. Its strange but I feel more normal than I have for years and I think that is purely because I am making myself cope without the alcohol. Iam worried yes but I am in control of that worry.
                        I feel deeply ashamed of what happened and even feel that i have no right to post about it as even though we all battle with the same problem we dont all have the same consequences as the one I caused. Well done to everyone who achieved their goals today. Is it me or do the boards seem kind of quiet at the moment. Take care everyone

GGxx

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          Im late dropping in tonight. GG sorry you still feel bad, you have every right to post.
                          Just remember there but for the grace of god goes me or any one of us. We all hopefully
                          learn from everyones experiences. Thank god you didn't hurt anyone. Your brave admission may just have stopped one of us going out and doing the same thing.
                          Every cloud has a silver lining. Love Paula xx

Comment

Hi all! Good to see you again, Bluesky, I remember you from my last AF time. CG, I'm glad you're keeping a positive attitude. It reminded me that this is the one thing I have control over, and that I really ought to go give the CDs a listen.

GG, I hope in time you can let your shame go. What's really important is not what you did, but what you chose to do in every present moment, and, frankly, I was one of those people Paula mentioned that you helped with your story. It still helps me, it is one of the things I think about when the cravings are bad. If I drink again, I will, someday, do just what you did, and I may not be as lucky. Thank you so much.

I've been feeling so itchy lately - I wish the craving part would just go away. Sometimes I want to just climb out of my skin. Chocolate only goes so far, and I'm going to get fat as a house if I keep using it as a substitute. Oh well, maybe a bath and tea will help.

My love to you all ~
                            Luna

Comment

Working...
                            X