Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Thursday

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful sunny morning. Seems to be a lot of good news on the boards. Every day we can be AF is an achievement. I see two ladies recently achieved 1 year so that really gives me hope.

Hope you are feeling better Cindi. Enjoy your holiday Janice.

Rustop

Hi Rustop & All to Come: I will be so happy to be one year AF. What a huge achievement...I know I'll do it someday. So far, I'm doing very well. I only have the stray thought now & then, but I really don't have cravings. I haven't been around any alcohol, & that helps a lot. I've been completely AF since Oct. 6th. I'm starting day 13 & feel really strong. I can't imagine how I managed when I was drinking heavily 3 - 5 times per week. "Drinking is not an option." Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

messed up

I hate to be the one to blow it, but I BLEW IT last night, made it through dinner without crying or drinking, but on my way to (an AA meeting of all things,)I just said "F**K it" and drank................don't know how I am going to kick this.....................

cied all night, then my husband said he wants to work it out now, I am SOOOOOOOOOOO confused, and that is not making it any easier, don't know exactly what he wants, expects, etc.................

I guess I will just be hopeful (even if it just false hope??) for today, maybe I will make it AF??? Not feeling too positive at this point, (what a LOSER is what I am thinking!!!!!)

KUDOS to all who did well yesterday and wish you all a great one today!!!:goodjob:

MA:h :l (thanks for listening and letting me "Vent"!)
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

CG, you are going through a lot just now so just take it easy on yourself. Take today to 'recover' your strength. Only you know what you want to do with regards to your relationship, please make it what you want to do. Thinking of you......... Take extra special care of YOU.

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Mary Anne: I've had some slips while I've been doing this MWO program. It isn't easy, but I did just what you did. I came back here & 'fessed up. I then started again & tried to adjust my attitude & get even more serious. I've been sober since Oct. 6th. It doesn't sound like much time, but the stretches of sobriety I had before have helped a lot. Now I've got the "Drinking is not an option" attitude. I don't have any open bottles of wine in the house. I banish any kind of drinking thinking. I negate all romantic fantasies w/the reality of all the hangovers & hiding I did. I do what it takes to get past those moments when drinking seems like something I can do. I know I can't because I'm an alcoholic. Good luck Maryann. I'm right there w/you...all the way. Love, Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning everyone..... Well I did it, made it thru last night AF. May not seem like such a great achievement.... but for me it was. It has been quite a few years since I haven't had some form of alcohol at night. I usually drank a bottle of red wine each night . Occasionally I would lighten up and just drink a few beers, that was a conscious effort. I feel great this AM. I appreciate all words of encouragement and just so you know I repeated them to myself last night while I was thinking of drinking. All and all the urge was not to strong. Gonna try again tonite...hoping I grow to like this feeling good in the morning thing. First time in a very long time I woke up without a screaming headache. I'll keep checking in and wish all of you on the same endeavors strength!! Tammy

Comment

Dont be too hard on yourself, Cowgirl, you are going through a lot and as I have learned stress is a major trigger for drinking. I was doing brillantly and then agro from the in-laws and the first thing I do is reach for a drink. However, as Mary recommended, I fessed up and came back and am now on another AF stretch. The more of them I get under my belt the better. I am going in the right direction thats the main thing. I drank practically every night for the past 13 years so that a long habit to break.

Well done Tammy, as I said earlier every AF day we have is an achievement.

Rustop

Comment

Tammy,

Read my post on how it felt to go 3 days AF. That was a huge achievement for me, as I had been abstaining for one day, then going back to old habits, then abstaining for 1, over and over. If your experience is like mine, tonight will be hard for you and tomorrow will be harder. Just brace yourself. Keep on plugging along, and the cravings will fall away after tomorrow. You won't believe it, really! Maybe that's why many detox centers have 3 day treatment programs. (Not that I'm out of the woods yet by any means, but at least I'm not running through quick sand today.)

Cowgal, it sounds like your life is pretty hard for you right now. The last thing you need is to be hard on yourself. Many people all over the world do various things to cope with stress, and you are just falling into what our society has programmed us to do -- drink. How many times have we heard the phrase "I need a drink" uttered in t.v. shows and movies? It is ingrained in us, so don't be so hard on yourself. Just remember that you are stronger than everyone else who never questions that mantra. The fact that you are struggling to be AF means that you are striving to lift yourself above what you know is destructive. AND you're doing it while dealing with a full plate of personal issues. Wow! I would say that admiration is in order, not beratement. You can do this. Just keep plugging along.

-Moki

Comment

hello everyone. just a quick post to wish everyone the best today hope you are all well and happy. . thanks to everyone who helped me out the other day - much appreciated:thanks: . Cow gal - dont be too hard on yourself about last night today is another day start afresh. well done to Mary 13 days AF - wow well done!

sending out positive thoughts to you all. xxx oh and well done tammy for last night - Brilliant keep it up!

Comment

Hi everyone, well this is day 4 for me, I am actually going to make the week I think. Mary Ann hang in there, you have a lot going on, today is a new day!

Comment

hi everyone,
                      Day 2 for me, startin all over again.
                      Cowgal the way i think we learn is just keep on coming back.
                      I have received my way out book, but i'm waiting for the weekend to read it (cant wait)
                      keep my mind of drink.
                      going to my first AA tonight. i do feel scared.

Anyway good luck for everyone tonight.x
                      Teardrop.x
                      family is everything to me

Comment

Hi everyone,
                        just a quick visit, hope all are ok. Good luck with your meeting Teardrop.
                        Love Paula. xx

Comment

glad

Glad to hear you are excited and doing well teardrop, I feel it will work for us all if we just try hard!! Everyone sounds great, support is deeply appreciated:thanks:

Looking forward to my evening at the gym actually going to exhaust myself so I don't want to drink, just will want to rest!!! GREAT PLAN, it has worked for me in the past:fingers: :fingers:

Check in w/ you all later, stay well:h

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

hi everyone, managed a few minutes in between picking my mum-in-law up, packing, etc. Feeling good and very optimistic about the rest of the month....and beyond! I'm definitely going to miss this thread though over the next week but got the vitamins packed, book ready and plenty of freshair!! See you all next week...Janicexxx
                            AF since 9 May 2012
                            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                            X