looking for the courage !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thought i would lurk here for months before writing. but i just can't be silent. WOW! YOU PEOPLE ARE BRAVE, AMAZING. I am so happy to find this forum, I felt so alone. i have read so many post now, thank you for sharing. needing day one and looking for the courage. reading these post i am starting believe it can happen something new for me. i just read the post where the lady used the swimming pool as an analogy, AWESOME. could some please give me the direction to the pool i think i need to get in the shallow end...who would have guessed ?

Hi losingmymind and welcome.

You do not need to find any courage........look inside your heart........it`s already there.
    All you need now is the determination to activate that courage.

You can do this..........take it from one who was never going to quit, only.......I have, thanks to coming here.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

:welcome: losingmymind!

Hopefully soon, you'll be able to ditch the 'losing my mind' part. I love your enthusiasm and I am happy you found something that can work for you. MWO is very empowering with all of it's great members and support. The program is great and will help you immensely. Have you downloaded the book? The book is very affordable and can be downloaded in a matter of minutes. In there you will find out how the program works, ie: supplements, medications, what to expect when giving up the alcohol etc...

Again, welcome aboard!

Comment

thank you so much i really need to change ...

Comment

Although I am relatively new to this forum..I have too much experience with addiction, my own and a whole entire family. It is hard to commit, scary...ya know you want to but just not sure you are ready. I am still not sure I am...but it is time...I am just kidding myself otherwise. I went AF yesterday and will do the same tonite..I am taking it one day at a time. I grew up with the expression.... One day at a time...never really paid much attention to it, thought it kinda stupid, yet here I am. It seems to be the onlyway to look at this. I think the thought of never having another alcoholic beverage is to much for the alcoholic mind to bear...so it is bearable one day at a time. For the first time I am feeling really optimistic about this. I know it has to do with having others with a common bond to communicate with. Stick around ,keep reading lets give each other guidance!! Glad your here:welcome:

Comment

cool gumby you got day one. my family has alot of adiction as well. by the time my father was my age he had drank himself to death. i don't want to go out like that but here i am wondering if i can change...

Comment

LMM...anyone can change....as they say...'constant change is here to stay' LOL.

We all make decisions every minute...stand up, walk, eat, use the phone......drink.

With support and determination you can also change that to 'choose not to drink'. It really IS possible......you will find it in yourself when you're ready :l

Come here lots and join in....we're here to help each other.

Suze x
              Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

comedy...thank you Suzie. knowing that other people have done it really helps...hopfully day one will be soon.

Comment

Working...
                X