Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Saturday

Good morning everyone.

Hope you all got through Friday night ok. I did have some drinking thoughts as I poured a glass of red for my hubby. I then remembered I had not taken my last lot of supplements. Once I took them the cravings disappeared. Had a glass or two of AF red and was ok for the rest of the night. I must be more vigalent in taking the supplements, I am inclined to forget and they do make a difference.

Welcome Slick and Caledonian. Read the boards, get the book and try the whole package. It has worked for so many people and there is a great support system here for you.

Cindi so glad to hear about your daughter and glad that its not cancer or crohn's. Will be thinking and praying for you. Stress is a major trigger for me too but we are going in the right direction. Social drinking I can handle but like you Mary I also drank alone. Through my counselling I have learned that its the childlike part of me looking for escape, somewhere safe to hide. I'm working on it.

Also like you Paula I have stopped counting the days, I am striving for another 30 AF but not obsessing on it, just getting through one day at a time.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Hi Everyone: Cindi: I'm thinking about you & your daughter. One day at a time is all you can do. I'm right behind you all the way.

As far as counting is concerned: I have been lately...day 15 starting up. But the real work is one day at a time. I try not to look too far ahead. Whatever comes up, I'll deal with it. I've got a full day ahead, but will try to check in later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary and RU,

I am doing very well today. Three days of hospital stays kept me AF rather easily. :H

I am hoping that my daughter recognizes the importance of staying AF. Three days in the hospital on IV should have helped clear her system out at least!! Unfortunately, only she can do it. Us moms can't make them do the right thing, just as no one but me can make myself do the right thing.

Mary, I am right with you every step of the way. Thank you for your friendship. :h

RU, one day at a time.

All Newbies to come, have a wonderful Saturday and stick with your goals.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: I know exactly where you are w/your daughter...only she can make the changes she has to make. We went through something similar w/our daughter who was in a very, very destructive relationship. Since she was an adult, we had to let go & wait until she was ready to leave the relationship. We were there when she hit bottom w/him, & now she's happily married to a wonderful guy. Going through it was pure agony. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

good morning, everyone. this is only my second post. ok i have got my meds and i am wanting/needing today to be my first AF day. it is early in the morning and already i am getting anxious about living a day free of the poison. it feels so strange to hate something so much not be able to let it go. please pray for me today...

Comment

Losing my mind,

I hope you are okay and things are going well for you. Don't feel bad about seeing this as difficult: if it wasn't none of us would be here. Remember it's nothing to feel bad about either, wanting a drink: we're alcoholics, of course we want a drink. The important thing is though how we deal with that urge. Keep posting, keep chatting, keep taking and giving advice. All this was working for me then I let it slip, but I am not gonna beat myself up over it. Keep on keepin' on!

Raoul

Comment

Losingmymind-

Right there with you!!!! You can do it!!! Stay close and let us know how you're doing. Drink LOTS of water, go for a walk or something if you can, distract yourelf with things you like to do that don't involve drinking. and POST HERE if you get "itchy".

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

xx wonder

Comment

thank you raoul and wonder, it is almost noon now and i can feel the deisre growing. i just need to get through the next few hours and then off to bed...i am so happy to find this forum.

Comment

Off to bed after an easy Saturday....hooooorah! Followed an easy Wed, Thurs and Fri! Don't think tomorrow should be too tricky either. I wonder when this will get difficult?! (I am certain it will) I think part of the success key for me is to keep busy and plan things for the 'drinking zone' time. Tonight I am just too knackered to drink and too motivated by this forum to want to. Thanks and goodnight. I will sleep well I think....x

Comment

Hi everyone, late as usual, I have had a good day, been working. Hubby is watching rugby
                    at the moment England v S. Africa, must join him in a mo. Hi Losing M. M . you can do it,
                    hard work but well worth it. Wishing you well. Glad your doing ok Cindi, been thinking of you. Good to hear from you Mary, Rust,and Bessie.
                    Have a good sunday everyone.
                    Love Paula. xx

Comment

meeting?

Hi,

This sounds like a meeting - is this right?

Pipa
                      Pipa

Comment

thanks for encouragement!

Pipa
                        Pipa

Comment

Pipaguila,

:welcome: to MWO.

This is called a thread and it is kind of like a meeting. We call is the ODAT thread because we are taking it one day at a time.

We post on this thread and talk about how we are doing and what are goals are. Some are looking for moderation, some abstinence, and it just helps to put your thoughts and troubles out there.

Have you posted on any other threads?

Have you read the program and do you have any questions?

Why don't you start a new thread introducing yourself and tell us a little bit about what you are looking to accomplish.

Lots of great people here, though Saturdays and Sundays can be a bit slow due to weekends and family commitments.

Again, :welcome: and poke around and see what there is to see.

Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X