Newbies in need ODAT - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone, hope you all got through Saturday o.k.

Losing - know yesterday was hard for you, if you made it great, if not today is another day. Some good advice from the others about keeping busy and the supplements do work. I put the l-glut under my tongue one night during the week when the cravings were bad and it did the trick.

Yesterday I had one glass of AF wine with dinner and one AF beer watching a dvd. The beer seemed more authentic but I have not drunk beer in years. It was ice cold and I quite enjoyed it. One drink of each was enough. Wish I could feel the same about the alcohol variety!! I do find week-ends hard as hubby is there having his glass of red and thats why this week-end I tried the AF variety.

Bessie you are doing great, beware of the beast though, he has crept up on me when I least expected it.

Pipaguila, welcome. Come and join us and let us know how you are doing.

Mary, Cindi, Paula, Wonder, Cowgirl and all others, hope you are all having a great week-end.

Rustop

Hi Rustop and everyone,
    am afraid friday and saturday are my worst days. Anyway i felt good yesterday got my bike out of the shed and went for a ride. rustop i might try the AF wine next time, see how it goes.
    Hope everyone did well.

love Teardrop.x
    family is everything to me

Comment

RU, Teardrop, and all to come.

I had a wonderful, relaxing, quiet Saturday night sans alcohol (of course) and feel great this morning.

I do wish I could sleep past 4:00 a.m., though.

But I guess I get enough sleep or I wouldn't wake up.

So nice to wake up without a hangover!! I LOVE IT!! Yippeee!!!

Despite my couple of slips (and I mean two) in the last couple months, I am starting to feel healthier and stronger. Wow, I never thought I would feel this good again. The booze was sapping all my strength and hope.

I hope all have a wonderful day today and attain their goals, no matter what they might be.

Love to all,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone not posted for a few days, after the awful night I had last friday I did manage quite easily to go 6 days af, but then drank on friday and saturday. It is really frigtening that this addiction is so bad that even after being arrested for driving over the limit I still caved on friday and saturday. It hasnt made me any less determined though to beat it and it is encouraging that the af stretch between drinks is getting longer every week. So I will keep plugging away at it and hopefully get through 30 days now without a slip. It still hasnt sunk in yet what is going to happen in a few weeks time. I will lose my licence and it will probably be for two years, this is the real consequence of drinking. I do believe I will learn from it and it will give me that final push to beat this once and for all. I just wish it hadnt have come to this. However I am so thankful that I did not hurt anyone and will make sure that my not having a car does not effect the girls activities at all. Thanks for being here and good luck to everyone in their goals Love GGXX

Comment

thanks for the welcome - at least now I know I've been 'seen'

Pipa
          Pipa

Comment

Pipa,

I felt horrible yesterday that we had all missed your post.

By the time I saw it, you were offline. (I did post a reponse to you, though.)

Do not hesitate to ask questions or share. We are all here for each other!!

Welcome to the Newbies "One Date At a Time" thread.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just re read my post and for those of you who dont know me please dont think that I am the kind of person who just goes off and drinks and drives without a care for anyone. I have never done anything like it before ,I got in a terrible state about something that happened to me 15 years ago and just lost it. I am deeply ashamed of what I did I, just want everyone to know that ,because on the face of it, what I did it is terrible and I do not think anyone should drink and drive. Unfortunately my sense of reason had gone last friday, with the resulting consequences. It is important to me that you know I am just a regular caring mum who is desparetly trying to beat this demon but who did a stupid and irresponsible thing for which I will never forgive myself. Sorry to ramble just wanted to let you know how sorry I am. GGXX

11 out of 14 days af going for 27 out of 30

Comment

Garden Girl,

Only the newest members would think that!! We know you are a caring and loving mum who is dealing with a horrible addiction. (Me, too, btw!!)

I am so happy for you that the AF times are growing longer and longer. I have been doing the same and suddenly realizing how much better I do feel sober and unhungover versus the few times I have lapsed. It makes it easier to stay AF!!

Hang in there. You are doing better and better!!

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone.
                  Welcome Pipa. Well done Cindi. GG you are honest and any of us with a drink problem
                  know that, there but for the grace of god go any of us. When I think of the things I have
                  done and got away with, I think I must have a guardian angel looking over me. The last
                  time I felt bad after a drinking session, I said to my son I felt like a terrible person, and
                  he said "mum thats only how you see yourself look at all the good things you do , and
                  compare with the bad things, I only see the good". Well I did compare and thought maybe
                  he's right perhaps I'm more good than bad. And that's how I see people on this site, especially you GG, you admitted that you had made a mistake and did not excuse it, and
                  lots of people have probably learned from your mishap. I think you are a special person.
                  I would certainly forgive you, so forgive yourself.
                  Love Paula xx

Comment

Hi Everyone: I'm doing fine. Busy, but happy & AF.

GG: Keep coming here. I give you a lot of credit for coming back here. Don't let a few slips keep you from MWO. I wouldn't be AF today of I let that happen.

Cindi: Hope you & your daughter are OK. Everything happens for a reason. Perhaps some change may occur that wouldn't have if not for this illness. Please stay well yourself. Love, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Garden Girl - I don't know you from here very well but I have read back over some of your posts and I really don't see you as a bad person at all.. you are obviously doing all you can to beat the beast and sometimes things happen to people that aren't good. Who are any of us to judge you?

Rustop - thanks for your encouraging words and those of warning! I don't doubt that the beast will catch me out...... I am surprised at how easy these early days are - too easy....! But I think it is down to circumstances at the moment rather than willpower. Time will tell but one day at a time for now.....Day 6 to be tackled tomorrow.

Bessie xx

Comment

Just checking in again, thankyou all for your support, hope I can give some as well. Over the past few months as I have been stringing more and more af days together I find that as day 4,5 and 6 comes round that my thoughts are just racing away with them selves. It feels as if something in my brain is plugged into an electric socket . Maybe it is my brain coming alive again after all the numbing over the past 5 years. Do any of you experience it?
                        hope you are all ok this evening. see you all again tomorrow. GGXX

Comment

Working...
                        X