UGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGH!

It's 2am and I can't sleep, wide awake while partner is asleep and just can't shut my head off. Thought I would pop in and vent a little, haven't logged on for quite a few days.

Drank too much last Wednesday and kinda drank too much every night after. Sober now but my sleeping pattern is messed up. Last week was so up and down. My friend died and it was heavy. Drank wine which really makes me nasty.

Started a new job, which is great but worked with a hangover twice-BAD! (even though I managed fine) We won the rugby and of course the whole country drank like mad- which gave an excuse for the Sunday hangover, everyone was!

Really keen to jump back on my bus, being sober was nicer. Felt really down today, was fun at the time-blah blah blah, you all know what I'm saying.

Having a beer now , my brain won't switch off!

Have read a few other threads and only posting here for now.
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

UGH!

When I first stopped drinking I had a really hard time falling asleep too. The good news it that your sleep patterns will adjust and you will sleep much sounder without alcohol. Again I used to use every reason possible to drink. The death of your friend is a very heavy thing and (trust me on this one) in the long run you'll cope better without the booze. I find I can moderate now if I only drink every once and a while. If I get any pattern established it is way to easy to fall into old habits.

Are you taking any of the supplements?

Oh and :welcome:

-lorelei
    Suddenly I see
    This is what I want to be
    suddenly I see
    Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

UGH!

I was sober for a month and a half and was sleeping well, it was my little binge last week and working a double shift on Friday that messed with my sleep.

I like your signature, I'm a big Fiona Apple fan, was wondering if there were any on this site! Her lyrics really move me.

Comment

UGH!

I love Fiona, her lyrics often sum up what is going on in my head.

Have you ever seen her live? If not I would highly recommend it.

The first time I saw her it was a triple bill... Fiona Apple, Barenaked Ladies and Sarah MacLachlin. Great show all 'round.

-lorelei
        Suddenly I see
        This is what I want to be
        suddenly I see
        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

UGH!

Don't think she's been here...? I have her on DVD though.

Comment

UGH!

Not that it belongs in this post... but has anyone seen the new show "Samantha Who?" I just love it....
            Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Working...
            X