Doc said No to Topamax-Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I sucked it up and made an appointment with my gen. practice doctor. Explained my "problem", was very candid, expressed that I didn't feel AA was for me and asked for her thoughts.

She said I was very unique in coming in and saying I have a problem. She also told me that she has to tell most people that they do.

I listened and then shared with her this program and asked her thoughts. She basically dismissed it with no consideration and said that I would be very difficult to find a reputable doctor who would prescribe this to help with drinking and that I should find an outpatient program. Her only consolation was that she said she has "heard" that a medicine will come out in a year or so to help those with addictions.

I am at a loss here. It took a lot for me to even make the appointment, spill my guts about an issue that I don't discuss with anyone and was told to find a program that would expose me.

I have looked into foreign pharmacies, but am frankly scared of the quality and giving my cc online.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

-Nina >:

Hi Nina.

Please see Roberta Jewell's response to this question, which she recently answered. It is excellent and echos some of the advice I have provided myself. Good luck.

-Dr. Garcia

Comment

Working...
    X