Wed December 26th at the INN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning INNmates!! I hope everyone had a joyous holiday.

I know from our conversations here over the past few weeks how crazy busy we have been. In my case so busy doing that I haven't been very attentive to some things.

It wasn't until this morning after I read Mary's post in the daily thread that I realized that this had had been my first real AF Christmas in years!! There have been Christmases where I was "on the wagon" for a few days or maybe a week but nothing as long term as this. I can't give you an exact number because I quit counting but I'm Chief minus 1.

I did notice that I really enjoyed the grandkids more. Conversations were more relaxed and even a broken figurine caused only a minor crisis, mostly for the two year old grandaughter who broke it. The crisis was quickly resolved since granpa can fix anything and a little glue will save the figurine.

I hope everyone here at the INN and at MWO had similar experiences during whatever holidays you celebrate. Like Mary, I will be eternally grateful to MWO for helping me find my way and as importatntly to all of you have have shared your stories, love, laughter, support and tears.

Love and Peace
    Rob

Rob, Mary, and all to come,

I had a wonderful SOBER Christmas and that was such a blessing.

I will be at the INN for the rest of my life. Sober, happy and filled with joy at every endeavor I choose to take on.

Okay, maybe one day at a time (ODAT) but what the heck, I can dream.

My family and I had a wonderful Christmas this year, MOSTLY BECAUSE GRANNY WAS SOBER and able to deal with whatever crisis came up. Broken lamps, games that broke, and a nose hair trimmer gift for my son that was a mistake and turned out to be the "best gift of all." because we laughed and enjoyed.

I love family and they love me.

Now I have another family at the INN that I love and a family there that loves me.

Wow.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi All! Hope everyone has a great day!

Rob, You are such an important part of MWO and put so much time and thought into The Inn. I just wanted to take the time to say Thank You...we all appreciate it.

And also, congratulations on your AF days! If you're 1 day behind me, then today is Day 137 for you!!!

Have a good day Innsters...

Don

Comment

Happy Boxing Day!

Just a quick hello, and a congrats to Rob, Cindi, and Chief - a sober Christmas is the best gift of all! I am happy with my mods, and doing okay - before I went to sleep in the past I thought back and wondered if there had ever been a Christmas is my adult years that I had actually gone to bed sober! And I thank all my friends at MWO for that - couldn't have done it without you. You are truly part of my "family", and thank each and every one of you.

Now off to the mall for some Boxing Day Shopping! Have a great day everybody!
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Happy Boxing Day All at the Inn,

It's good to be back at the Inn. Hopefully all had a great Dec25th. It is indeed different not waking up hungover on Dec26th.
          I do look foward to the doldrums of January. For me it seems so much easier to stay sober when I have time to think,plan and strategize.
          I'm once again in the early stages when I must cocentrate on ODAT not to get overywhelmed.
          It's great to be back again and look foward to seeing all the oldtimers and newbies in the lobby.

Great evening to all

Janet

Comment

Hi everyone, I also had a great af Christmas. I agree with Don, Rob you do have so much to offer, as does Don. Cindi you sound great, not forgetting Hannah and Janet, you all
            contribute so much. I don't know where I would be without this site.
            Love Paula. x

Comment

Working...
            X