Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat. - Dec. 29

Hi Everyone:

I hope all is well. I am cementing my abs in place to finish up 2007. I want to put the last few zeros into my DrinkTracker & look at another completely zeroed-in month. I know many folks are looking forward to starting a goal on Jan. 1, 2008, & I think that is great. I know 2008 will be a great month for those of us that have been here & bonded w/one another. With each other's support, we can reach our goals (mod/abs)...all we have to do is really want it. For me, it's almost felt like divine intervention when on Oct. 6th, I woke up & said: "That's it...I'm not drinking today." Pretty simple. I just kept saying that at the beginning of all the days that followed & here I am today w/80 plus AF under my belt.

I hope you won't feel I'm blowing my own horn, because I could never, ever have done this wo/MWO. Never, ever! I don't know how it works exactly, but it worked for me...a very problematic drinker. Thank you so much. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Sat. - Dec. 29

Oh gosh, we all need to blow our own horns, especially when we have as many AF days as you do!!!!!!!!

:yougo:
    AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Happy Saturday Aboriginies!

Mary, I'll toot my horn in your honor too! well done.

getting the house spruced up for NY's eve party and naturally it's a disaster zone so plenty to do. gotta get my work done so I can watch the pay per view UFC fights on tonight. funny thinking back since I used to get so wasted and then watch the fights...the next morning I'd have to look at the tape to remember what happened! LOL...funny and sad all at once.
      good morning Mary, Loved1 and all the rest to come.

be well
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Mary - blow away! You deserve it.

You all do, whether one day or 1000 days.

Go Team!
        Dx
        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Hi All,

I'm off to my first really BIG party of the holiday season tonight. It is 45 miles away from my home, and it is comforting to think that I won't have to struggle about stopping drinking 2 hours before I leave, or should I just say the heck with it and spend the night. It isn't going to be an issue tonight. I don't want to sound too overconfident; because I'm not totally relying on me--I'll be bringing AF wine as a buffer. It just makes it so much easier for me.

It has been nice going through my first holiday season so far with0ut drinking any "real" alcohol. I've only missed getting buzzed once or twice, and only for a moment or two. Not bad, really.

Thanks to everyone here, getting sober has been a pretty positive experience.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Kathy: I loved what you said. You'll have a fine time tonight...I just know it.

I too have missed that first drink high. Of course, I always chased the high into my 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. drinks, only to find myself very down low. For me, sobriety has been an even keel.

Take care, drive safely, & enjoy your AF wine. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Feeling Proud

Mary, it turns out that I WASN'T able to rely on my AF wine. The party was at a restaurant, and they wouldn't serve me my own wine. Some regulation or something. After a brief internal freak-out, I accepted my fate and drank diet coke. I ended up enjoying myself anyway. I saw some very old friends and met some new people, too. It was a lot of fun, and I didn't end up minding at all that I was drinking soda.

This was such a relief for me, because I wouldn't have believed I could get through a party without craving wine. I guess the only way that I would learn this was to have a "pop quiz" sprung on me when I didn't expect it. I ended up feeling pretty proud of myself, partly for the accomplishment itself, but also because it made me realize how far I have come--perhaps even farther than I thought. It feels pretty good!

Anyway, I'm fluffing my feathers up pretty good here. I'll have to remember not to become complacent.

Hugs to all,:l

Kathy

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Kathy, I am so proud of you!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

Hi Retteacher. Just wanted to introduce myself. Im a new kid on the block. Last drink was dec23(alnighter)After about 4 months of alnighters. Placed my order in the health store yesterday after discovering this site by luck. Hope it gets hear soon so I can have an AF 2008.Still detoxing I think. Feeling pretty antci, But feeling confident I'm going to make it. All the best. HAVE A SAFE HAPPY SOLBER NEW YEAR. K F
                  There's more to life than success. The greatest success is living well.

Comment

Sat. - Dec. 29

:welcome: kingfisher! You'll find a great group of people here to support you in your efforts to stay sober.

Thanks for your support, Lushy. It's nice that you read over here too and that you are always ready to chime in with words of encouragement.:thanks:

Hugs,:l

Kathy

Comment

Working...
                    X