Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Dec 30th

top of the morning ABville!

gotta run to town to shop for our party so just a quick shout.

we decide now if we win todays battle. I am victorious!

be well friends
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Sunday Dec 30th

Parties, parties, parties! We've got a bumper crop too, but I'm finally getting the hang of not drinking at them. I don't look at the bar table & have a can of soda immediately. I have a few stock things that I say to refuse a drink, & then I just sit back & relax. Good luck everyone. This is not an easy time of year to go AF. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Sunday Dec 30th

I just reread yesterdays daily thread. Good for you Kathy! Now, you know you can have diet soda & still enjoy yourself. Every time we accomplish something like that, we overcome a new hurtle.

Newbies: Come to MWO every day...read & post. That's what we're here for. It doesn't matter what stage you're in or what goal you've set. You'll see you own story over & over. Eventually, you'll have success. Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Sunday Dec 30th

Hey Deter and Mary and anyone else who happens by this afternoon, I hope you are having a good and restful Sunday. Yes, Mary, I feel like I truly don't have to be scared of parties anymore. It's a great feeling. I'm glad that you read yesterday's thread. I particularly wanted to share my experience with you. You are so supportive here, and it means a lot to me.

Today I'm just hanging around trying to catch up on billing and organize my files, etc. Some of these insurance billing websites are so confusing it is infuriating. I swear, I just want to run to the liquor store, buy some cheap wine, and pour it over the head of whatever moron designed these sites!! (particularly BCBS ) :H Actually, it wouldn't be worth the $$$, but it is fun to think about!

Otherwise, it is a rainy dreary day. It's a good one for doing paperwork and watching a football game. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get out of my jammies and go to the drugstore to pick up some RX's soon. At least I have been somewhat productive....

Ah well, onward and upward we go. Go Skins!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday Dec 30th

Kathy: I think every time we overcome some challenge, we get a little stronger. For me, alcohol was a way to avoid doing the difficult things in life (i.e. parties, arguments, discussions, etc.). Then my fear grew to the point that I didn't feel I could do those things wo/"fortifying" myself first. I'm now having to relearn all those coping skills I lost. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X