Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Morning Abbers!

Starting off the thread, but rushing off.....I am still cleaning the house, doing the washing etc from my Xmas/New Year visitors.....I don't even feel that 2008 has started yet! Must get properly organised by Monday......

Hope everyone is doing ok.......:hug:

Love

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

HI Suze - happy cleaning...I'll start after son back to school; rooms totally full of washing, drying, ironing and name-tape-sewing! And at 6'2" now, he takes up a whole lotta room bless him! I am under-housed!

Oooo-er....still very wobbly...but hanging in there. Except that now poor wee daughter #2 has just broken up with b/f this morning....so the tension in the air and the sadness and stuff is really, well, heavy....poor love....doesn't life just get you all at once....she's changing her job this week, her sister's gone to Germany and she splits up ith b/f. (Seems mutual but still horrible....) 2008 had better go up from here for her!

But son's poota is done - mended and "With extra bits on so bring cash.." ...which is really good of them....helps out after the ?70 just before Crimbo that needn't have been done now we know about the hard disk....

So, off to get the cash! And there's a tiny bit of sun out there - phew! Doesn't everything just seem a bit easier when the skies aren't sitting on your head! Hope it's with you/coming your way too, Suze!

I am going to get a heap of comedy DVD's going today....keep the balance I think.... I have to admit that even noticing a dim and dusty thought of a drink to settle my nerves has freaked me a bit....as has the very reason! Strange how my little occasional half glass doesn't worry me as it's a decision based on something quite different to a fear based drink. That's the one that aint gonna happen! I have my Al stick - a large, knobbly, knarled piece of well worn hazel with a lovely piece of honeysuckle around it that has fused to the main stem.... lovely to hold with lovely colours to it.....but lethal if hit over the head with it! Look out Al! And thanks Suze! (I've taken off the tinsel - Twelfth Night and all that!)

Will pop by the pool later - need some warmth and light. Hopefully meet up with some bods then!

Happy Saturday - think we're all just about in that still? 13.15 here, 06.15 in Canada and 22-23.00 in Oz... is that about right?

Love FMS xx
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

'ere's me stick!

Lovely, eh?!? Attached files [img]/converted_files/402112=2938-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Good Morning INNmates!! Welcome to the first weekend of the new year!

Suze- Glad to see your chocolately bouncy self again, no matter how briefly.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? Work? Cleaning? Oraganizing? I hope whatever they are, you take some time to relax and do something nice for yourself. That old creep Al has a nasty trick of using our exhaustion and frazzled nerves as a way of getting us to have "just one" to calm ourselves down or because we've worked so hard and we've earned it.

Everyone have a great Saturday!!

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Finding we've managed to cross post again!!!

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Good Morning Inn Friends,

An early gray January morning to be out doing things. I'm off and hope you each have a good day.

Hello Rob, FMS, Hannah, Slightlysuzie and others to follow. Keep up the good AF energy.

July

Day 164 AF

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Look at that 164 July! Yea! Brightens up a grey January day!

Rob - it's an honour to cross post with you! (We do lots, don't we! Great minds... and all that!!)

Hannah - I so hope today is going well....is that realtor working on a Saturday? Ours close at 1pm....eeek! I looked at houses to but yeaterday - first time in a realtor/estate agent's office for years and years! Completely honest but I need to remember it is a possibility in life or I'll never even think myself into my own home again.... That and dreaming of decorating and dogs/cats and hanging my own pictures!! mmmm! It's been 15 years of renting 7 different properties! Ouch! My plants in their moveable pots are truly bonsai'd!

Happy (wet now) Saturday - thanks for being there....

Love FMS xx

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Hello to everyone at the Inn!

Day 6 and I'm a happy bunny at the moment. Son a bit down but I think it's the post holiday blues and boredom as his friends are busy. Sure he'll be fine once he gets back into a routine. I didn't go out today... Haven't been to an AA meet for a week but I think for the timebeing it's safer I stay in for a couple more days. Plenty to do indoors

Had xx

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Well done Hadenuf.... Funny old time for us all...my son's a bit bored now....met up with his only pal down here yesterday but I think he's looking forward to seeing his mates again on Monday! (Not his teachers though! Already had the standard end of holiday question this afternoon..."Have we got any A3 paper?", "Yes. do you have homework?", "Yes, an art GCSE project..." Aaaaaagh! On his own head be it!!!

It's awful quiet here! Hope everyone's doing ok....Looking forward to newsy stuff later maybe....but I know it's Saturday....just enjoying being here on the boards; daughter #2 very miz after b/f split and son watching the footie....all a bit tense!

Love to all
                  FMS xx

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Anyone else feeling a bit flat? I know it's just the post-Chrimbo thing...I'll get over it!:H

It's a bit like the drinking thing......you spend money on it, get all excited at the thought of it, make plans for it, it arrives and you feel good for a little while....then you get tired and tetchy and have arguments and feel lethargic....and then it's all over and you have to pick up the pieces......

Sheesh...I'm a little ray of sunshine aren't I????????

Love

Suze x
                    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

I like that Suze!!! Thanks for putting it so well! It does feel odd at the moment....every year...I always think schools go back too soon into the New Year...until I'm there and then it could happen on the 1st!! Begging for some routine! And it shouldn't be that it's our schools that make for routine....but as a member of the happy ranks of the (not much) self-employed, it's school that does it for me! And getting past February!!! :H

Sorry you're feeling a bit flat - it helps me to know I'm not alone - hopefully that it helps you too! Is it England? Hows it in Oz and places? All that sun!!!!

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Oh Finding....thanks for sending up a bit of your sun today....we had a few hours of it...was lovely walking the dogs.

I am SO tired and unmotivated.......I'm irritating myself like hell! :bonkers:

Suze x

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Is that where it went!!!!! :H

I am glad you got some! Lifts the old spirits a bit....I am just no good in this dark day stuff...not even going to say I hate it; I don't coz it's life...but I just don't function well!

And thanks for identfying that feeling - I am irritating myself too! Or there is a general blah going on.... I guess I have tonight's 'kick-back' from even that tiny Valium last evening...I can always tell 24 hours on...I feel a bit anxious and then remember....it'll pass.

And telly's poo! Still, Top Gear #456.873,890 re-run on Sky always suffices! My son has spurned Notting Hill saying, "I'm fine thank you..."

Hopefully you het a good night's sleep Suze and have a lovely dog-walking Sunday. Walk them for me? I'd so love one....b***** renting! I used to have a gorgeous yellow lab 99% cross border collie 1% !(!)....16 he was when he went walkies up above in 2000.

Love FMS xx

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

FMS and all,

I hope you are not still in a "freak out mode" due to the BBC and the "v" word.

Hmm. Probably should not have mentioned that but then again, how do we face it?

It sounds like you are full of family this week and how lucky you are. I have my son's boys over right now and cannot think of anything better. They are playing the Playstation 3 right now and enjoying themselves immensely.

I hope all have a wonderful day. I am.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sat 5 Jan at The Inn

Hi Cindi...hope you're having a good day

Finding, I used to have a yellow lab/collie X.....she lived to 15....she was my first dog:h I have lurchers now and really love them......I only ever have rescued ones and now I just take on the oldies.....they really are a joy :h

Sorry we stole your sun! :H

Trying to get to bed in the vain hope that a bit more sleep might perk me up.....it's a funny thing...how I feel at the moment, I couldn't even be bothered to have a drink. Weird!!!

Love

Suze x

Comment

Working...
                              X