Sat. - Jan. 5 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: I named this the "daily thread" so that newbies wouldn't get confused w/the Inn daily thread. I hope everyone's goal (abs/mod) is intact. If it isn't, keep coming here, & eventually you will get where you want to be.

It's 92 AF days for me today. As the days pile up, I realize how more & more my life has changed. The daily drama of driving around, buying, secretly drinking, trying to act normal, & disposing of the bottles is eliminated. That daily drama was just as addicting as the drinking.
    -There was the high of trying not to be discovered.
    -There was the high of the purchase.
    -There was the high of the anticipation.

Those are powerful highs, & I must find more acceptable ways of enjoying life. It isn't always easy. Now that the frenzy of the holidays are over, the let-down is setting in. What am I going to do now?

That's what living is all about. That's what I forgot how to do when I was wasting my life drinking. I now have to find ways (sober ways) to enjoy life. I know I'll do it, because there's no way that I want to destroy what I've built up over the past 3 months. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary, you are an inspiration..........I look forward to being like you.
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Good Morning -

Mary, once again, you've nailed it - I agree with your every word. Now we must trust the path will be revealed and the 'sober activities' will be many.

Go2Goal
      Still here
      "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Mary - you put out thoughts into words so well, and so many times. thank you again and again. I empathise. I too have been hiding bottles, disposing secretly - not any great amount, at least not in comparison to some of those who tell their stories here, but enough to make me worried. Once again, I'm trying. I manage weeks at a time and then give in. You inspire me, but I still can't say in all honesty that I'll never drink again. If only I could control it. Tylyr

Comment

Tylyr: You don't have to say, "I'll never drink again." All you have to do is decide what you want to do today (mod/abs) & do it. I know that once I open any kind of a bottle, it's all over for me. I cannot moderate...simple as that.

By the way, all that secrecy (drinking, disposal etc.) was one of the most destructive aspects of my drinking. Mary
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Saturday ABland!

good grief we got snow alright! at least a foot here at the house and it's sooo pretty in the morning sunshine twinkling and bright. a gift of nature indeed.

Mary, so true! I'm learning to enjoy and recognize life's ups and downs as the inevitable cycles that they are. didn't say it was always easy at least now without the alcoholic fog it's at least possible.

Dx and I are staying in and watching movies and snuggling on the couch...what could be better than that?

be well everyone!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone

Once again Mary you nailed it on the head. When drinking we are only existing not really living. Now we have to meet the highs and lows head on and sometimes its not that comfortable. It's the little things that give me a high at the moment. A smoke alarm was beeping the other night. I did not hear a thing as I am a heavy sleeper so my husband had to get up. He did try and wake me to no avail. I had gone to bed sober so there was no embarrasment that I was knocked out, I was genuinely asleep.

Rustop

Comment

Rustop: I know exactly what you mean.
                -I can have a headache wo/feeling like people will think I'm hungover.
                -I can have a verbal stumble or slip wo/feeling like people will think I'm slurring.
                -I can do or say something dumb wo/feeling like people will think I'm drunk.
                Ah...the freedome to be human. M
                October 3, 2012

Comment

still going strong on day 5 af....
                  -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

fell on my face and back at day one. not happy about it. disgusted might be an appropriate word. chance of remaining AF today?...not positive..low...at this point. dammit all
                    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hello all - just a quick post to "check in" with another AF day. Got to cooking a bunch tonight and noticed that's another trigger; surprising how strong wine's pull is while simmering a big pot of tomato gravy.

Very insightful comments concerning the other addictive behaviors that surround drinking. I think a big part of this process is about becoming more "real", and dealing with the secret drunk life is certainly a part of that process. Gives me a lot to ponder.

Take Care.

Comment

Keeta, welcome here again....we become what we think. try to be positive!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello All Abers,

Still going strong on day 7 which doesn't mean anything. I have been sober for 7 days and tomorrow I will be sober for ONE WHOLE DAY!! It truly is One Day at A Time.

Yea!!

My family thought I was drunk today. How sad. I was not drinking, I was simply tired and taking my Baclofen, the drug that should help me keep from drinking, and that is what I am diong, keeping from drinking.

I am here, sober for one more day and trying a new drug. Please keep me in your thoughts. I travel next week and traveling is SUCH a trigger. Also, my daughter is very ill and I am PRAYING TO GOD is is not what I think it is. (Googling) She is too young.

Bootsie, I am so Thankful you found the answer in Rhonda Lenair. If it works for you, please let me know and I will send my daughter there in a heartbeat. Please??

Everyone else, we are enjoying the games (football --American) and having a nice night snuggled up together.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hang in there, Keeta ...and Cindi too. I will pray for your daughter.
                            Jane :heart:

Comment

Working...
                            X