Tues. - Jan. 8 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone: First, a big thanks for all the support. I feel a little better today...not 100% but better.

Kathy: I read yesterday's thread again. Your comments were very relevant. I'll soon reach 100 AF days, & the counting isn't doing much for me right now. I want to keep track if only to let newbies know that it can be done. I know how important that was for me in the beginning stages.

I'm completing some tasks that I let go of before the holiday rush began, & that's helpful. I'll do some other activities that I know will lift my spirits. In short, I'll go on wo/drinking. I will not drink my way through these feelings...as solutions present themselves, I'll do something instead. By the way Kathy, I loved the good, the bad, & the ugly. That's life!

I love you all, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Top of the morning ABoriginees!

I just posted a short thesis on magnesium under holistic healing....pretty neat stuff.
    another good day to stay home here....looks like more weather blowing in.
    I remember being so hungover that I couldn't even help my dear Dx shovel snow last year. how pathetic!!! yuck!! not acceptable. it's good to be feeling good I tell ya.
    Mary have you tried taking inositol? it's very good for depression and no side effects that I'm aware of. I take mine before bed as it's also very relaxing.
    off to see the wizard...be well everyone!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all!
      Determinator...ABoringinees.too cute! LOL

Mary, i hope you feel better today! I am sorry the days adding up have seemed to lose their *zing* for you right now...but you are right...for me...starting day 3, to know there IS such an animal as day 100...gives me hope! *hugs*

keep on keeping on!
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hello all - day 11 AF for me today; feels good to be past the first week.

All the best.

Comment

7 in a row......unbelievable...

told a friend, who drinks plenty, that I was going for 30 af......he was very supportive and said that I must be feeling good...

I said of course...I feel better and better every day that I'm af.....

onward and upward...
          -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

I'm glad my comments made some sense, Mary. I also think that part of the reason that I'm not having a post-holiday let down myself is that I have many things that I want to get to work on myself. Also, Maddy is still here for another two weeks, which is nice. Re: the winter blues, I keep reminding myself that every day, there is a little more daylight than the day before, even though it will be a while before we begin to notice.

Hey Deter, Good on You for clearing out the snow! It is good to be able to get up and do the things we want or need to do without being dazed and in pain. I didn't get many hangovers, but I was always dragging.

Keeta, Senex, and treeman, well done on your 3, 11, and 7 days, respectively. The journey can sometimes be hard, but there are lots of good things along the road too!

Whew, I'm getting tired!

Hugs to all,:l

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
            X