X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Morning! Grizzly Bear here, reporting for duty

Grrrr...ggrrrr, gggrrrr...gggrr....etc etc

Exactly HOW grey can a sky get? How much rain can fall on my lawn before it is a lake?:H

My current bit of work pressure should be finished by Saturday late afternoon....maybe I will be ready for Dr Gorgeous then...if you lot haven't exhausted him too much. I'm going to have a day off on Sunday.....I'm just going to be a couch potato, watch some dvds a friend has lent us (Last king of Scotland - looking forward to that!) and I may even eat icecream. Must be vigilant about Al.....you know, that 'celebration' element that he often suggests.....:devil:

Hope everyone has a good day.....please send us any spare sunshine!

Finding........how grey is it at Porthemmett today lol?

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Morning Suze (and all to come!)
    tra laaaa - dum de dum!

Beautiful day up here on East coast of scotland.

Was even light in the sky as I drove to work today - Yipee!

No Grizzly types up HERE! and it is FRIDAY! YAAAAAY!

Busy at work as usual - got to fly to Houston TX for a one day meeting next week!
    How environmentally friendly is that? - NOT!

Anyway - hope you are all doing what you want to be doing.

Life for Satori is pretty good right now - hope it is for you too!

Now - where are my sunglasses?

See ya

Satori

xxx
    "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Hello all, and all to come.

Grey and raining here in Essex, UK. Great for my gourmet winter mushrooms, but not good for my mood. Just looked for a smily; I couldn't find the one I wanted, but what a collection

I'm on day 5 AF, and feeling OK. It's my birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to need all my resolve.

best wishes to all,

D

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Good morning my UK and Scotish friends.. I'm up WAY before I should be today!!

I have to get my tooth pulled today, whaaaaa :upset:

I will be at home all weekend. Good idea on the movie, Suze. I think I will hit the video store before I go to the dentist. We got about 18" of snow last night and I could hear the plows shoving the city street snow down my driveway, as ususal! So, now that I am newly single, it is my duty to get the blower out and clear the drive. I actually love it! It is great exercise and it is so beautiful. After a snow like this the skies are a brilliant blue and it is crisp and quiet here in the mountains. I seem to be fitting very nicely into my new life. I am very content these days. I was laying in bed this morning thinking how very, very calm I have been over this past week. I guess this is where I am supposed to be right now.

Suze... Do you need the stick??? I know you can find another way to celebrate, sister..

Satori - coming stateside, eh? I thought I could feel a wave of energy starting to build... hahaha! Safe jouney, my friend.

Denise - Big congrats on day 5! And a very pre-Happy Birthday! Try and make a plan now on how you will spend it.. I remember spending my 40th Birthday AF. It was the first ever. It was 3 years ago. I had over 100 people at the party, too! I was so amazed how many people didn't care, and how many people actually didn't drink... I thought everyone drank.. My point is, the only one that it really matters to is you in the end. Do this for you, if that is your goal.

Well, I will check in later. I am sure I will need to be down in the infirmary... I'll need cheking in on.. Please have someone very tall, dark and handsome, ok.. since I am putting in my order.. and bald, YES, I like bald men! HAHAHA!

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

just found this site whilst browsing, been dry now for 10 days ,hoping to last til 10 feb, no work today as we have been rained off(bricklaying is not the best job for an english winter!) this will tet my resolve cos i usually nip to the pub if im not at work, does anyone on here reccomend camparal?
          thanks
          simon

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Hi Simon! Welcome...

I think that many people have had a lot of success with Caphral and Topamax. Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds - My Way Out Forums Here is a link for a thread that will be very helpful. Read as much as you can and ask as many questions as you can think of. Let us know what you need, OK?

Try hanging out here today instead of the Pub... It can be a riot!

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Welcome aboard Simon - yep - stay here instead of going to the pub - if you are Alcohol free (AF) for 10 days already - you will by now be over the worst of the withdrawals - and it just gets easier and easier to stay AF as the days go on!

meditation mama;253424 wrote: Good morning my UK and Scotish friends.. I'm up WAY before I should be today!!

I have to get my tooth pulled today, whaaaaa :upset:
              Well, I will check in later. I am sure I will need to be down in the infirmary... I'll need cheking in on.. Please have someone very tall, dark and handsome, ok.. since I am putting in my order.. and bald, YES, I like bald men! HAHAHA!

MM
              Hey MM - I can do the tall dark and bald bits - not so sure about the handsome tho' but hey 3 out of 4 can't be too bad.

I will have to check with SWMBO if it is OK to come over and look after you tho' - I don't think she will believe we are only meditating :H

See ya

Satori

xxx
              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Denise;253418 wrote: . It's my birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to need all my resolve.

best wishes to all,

D
                Hey Denise,

Happy (almost) Birthday to you....Happy (almost) Birthday to you.......
                Happy (almost) BIRThDAAAAAAAY dear Deni-ise,
                Happy (almost) Birthday to yooooooo!

Love

Satori

xxx

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

satori;253434 wrote: Hey MM - I can do the tall dark and bald bits - not so sure about the handsome tho' but hey 3 out of 4 can't be too bad.

I will have to check with SWMBO if it is OK to come over and look after you tho' - I don't think she will believe we are only meditating :H
                  I'll usually only do 4 out of 4... but, well... OK... since we are just "meditating" :H :H

thanks for thinking of "me"

MM

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Thanks people!!

The sun is coming out here :beach:

Hello and welcome Simon I can only echo the others. Stay here and have a look around the site. There are some amazing people on here, and loads of wisdom and support.

I haven't tried camparal so I can't comment. There will be others around who have. In fact I think there's a section on here specifically for discussions on medication options, so you may find something of use there.

best wishes,

D

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Good day everybody!

How are you all? Satori, you seem to be in fine fettle today! My hubby just got back last night from Texas. I just hate flying, and feel sorry for you doing all that flying for a one day meeting. I hate airports, but especially sitting on the plane - I guess maybe I?m a little claustrophobic. The sun is shining here today too, wish I could package some up and send some to you, Suze. But still very cold.

MM - You certainly sound much more happy these days. Guess things happen for a reason - meant to be? My husband keeps threatening to shave off his rather sparse remaining hair, and I keep telling him I don?t think it would suit him - but if you want to try it, go ahead. It?s your hair! But so far he hasn?t done it. At the rate he is going, eventually he won?t have to!

Denise - Hi! Nice to meet you, and Happy Birthday! This is a good place to be, and so is day 5 AF!

Simon113 - Welcome to you too. No experience myself with Campral, but the site MM give you should explain everything you need to know.

Well, hubby and I went to the bank and signed our life away today - if our old place doesn?t sell soon, we will have some enormous bridge financing payments. May be why I am feeling very faint and weak today? I swear, I felt like I was going to pass out in the office. There have been times in my life, usually during times of stress, that I have sudden low blood sugars - must be slightly hyperglycemic, I guess. Definitively was happening this morning, Hubby bought me a chocolate bar and I felt somewhat better, but still feel kinda spacey yet. So except for one little errand that I have to run this afternoon I think I will stick close to the Inn - and sorry, ladies, I think I have first dibs on the Dr today!!!!!

So off to maybe take a little nap, talk to you later, have a good day!
                      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Fri 11 Jan at The Inn

Hi guys.. back fromthe dentist... They actually put me out for it, so I am really goofy. You could actually send me up a bald woman and I probably wouldn't notice. I could just grab ber boobs and say, nice head!:H

OK.. better let the anethesia wear off.. I'll be back later. Hannah, I knw there are two beds there. I have the movies! See you there. We can do each others hair and talk about boys and stay up all night -or until I take a vicodin.

The whole half of my face is numb.

MM

Comment

Working...
                        X