X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groan...I've been celebrating...

Hi Abbers

Wish I could call myself that again.

My daughter received a University offer last night in the first round and I celebrated. She didn't!! she worked hard all evening at her waitressing job. But her illustrous Mother celebrated on her behalf with a bottle of champagne and a much needed bottle of chardonnay forgot to eat and this morning feel sick as a dog and wracked with guilt. More significantly, I'm back to pretending I feel fine and happy so my disgusting fall from grace isn't picked up by my daughter.

Any excuse to hit the bottle will do for me....pathetic.:upset:

Thats it, it's gotta stop. Going for a walk now and then to work.
    DAY 1 TODAY!!!!
    Jane :heart:

I'm glad you decided not to drink today, Jane, and I'm sorry that you're feeling bad about yourself. Head up now, girl. You can't change the past, but you can change your future. And don't compare yourself to your daughter. Even with the drinking, I know that you tried to be a very good mom.

Love,:heart:

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Jane, not a fall from grace...just a step sideways. Glad to have you here
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi,

Forgive yourself and move on. As long as you are moving forward, you aren't moving backward. As long as you don't stop fighting, you won't loose the battle.

-GC Attached files [img]/converted_files/410040=2971-attachment.jpg[/img]
        "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

I like that GC - "as long as you don't stop fighting......."
          Great advice.
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

I like that advice, also. It's similar to one of my favorites - "Men(people) do not fail, they give up". Used to be on the dojang where I studied Tae Kwon Do. I got to 2nd degree Black Belt before I chose to retire from the sport, I think because that motto kept me going. So like getting knocked on your butt by a kick in the ribs get back up and keep going.
            "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

The important point is that you came back to MWO, explained, & are now ready to move forward again. Yes, the "pretending" part is the worst. For me, it was part of the dishonesty that went along w/the drinking. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X