Thur - Jan 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thur - Jan 17

Hi all!! I just have a few minutes to jump in and touch base with all of you.

Doing very well and enjoying my folks immensely.

Be well everyone and enjoy the day.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Thur - Jan 17

Cindi: I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm doing well too. It does get easier to stay AF as the days build up. Yesterday, my husband was out most of the day, & while I did think back on the days I used to drink (whenever I was alone), I didn't really feel tempted. I'm learning to be by myself. It's amazing that at my age, I'm having to learn these things over again. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Hi everyone

Cindi, good to see you back and doing well. You and your daughter have been in my thoughts and prayers, hope all is going well.

Into the second half of another AF month and enjoying my AF time. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Hello, my AB Friends!

I always read this wonderful thread and wonder if I can hop in? I have had an emotional rollercoaster ride this past 6months, as many of you know, but feel stonger now than I have in years. I really want to stay AF more than anything else, because EVERYTHING relies on my sobriety. My peace, my spirituality, my relationships, my interactions with people (which I love now that I can hold my head high), my work, my creativity, my health, my new body (I've lost 5lbs the last 10 days!), etc... Anyway, all this and more is done only today, this day..and I know that. I know that the past is the past and the future is only in mind, and that is a place I try to stay out of. ODAT, really needs to be my mantra, so if you'll have me, I'd love to jump in here with you folks!

Thanks for being here and my inspiration...

Namaste,

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

MM: What a lovely post! Please come whenever you can. Truly, your post gives me renewed gratitude for my sobriety. Everthing else has a way of working out the way it's supposed to as long as I'm sober. Today, I feel joy at having embraced the AF lifestyle. I loved what you said about holding your head high. All those years of drinking really took its toll on my self-esteem. When you're holding onto a big secret (drinking), it's nearly impossible to feel OK about yourself. Come here & share as often as you want. This is a very uplifting thread. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

happy Thursday ABville!

feeling a little under the weather....extra vit's for me. MedMama, nice to see you here!
            be well everyone
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to get on line recently. I am feeling more confident
              as the days go on. I am not counting, because when I do I end up having a slip. I went
              to see my doctor yesterday, he doesn't know I have a drink problem, he told me I have
              high blood pressure, so that's another good reason to give up the drink.
              Welcome MM.
              Best wishes Paula.

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

just checking in....good to see the confidence and enthusiasm...

power to the people...
                -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Hi, it good to see everyone!

Treeman, I wanted to comment that I love your "location". LOL! You are quite clever.

MM, you are always welcome here. I hope you kick back and set a spell! I find our daily thread to be a great place to touch base and keep me on track.

It's good to see you again Cindi!

It's good to see you in your 2nd month, rustop. I'm glad that you are enjoying your time.

It's good to see you Paula. I can understand about your not counting. Just keep on going--you're doing great. I hope you pop in often.

Mary, you're one of my mainstays here. If you don't post, it's like to sun didn't rise!

Deter, I hope you feel better soon--feeling sick sucks!

It's been snowing all day today. Most of my clients cancelled their appointments, so I just cancelled the rest of them. I've been wanting a day off for a while, so I'm just hanging around and getting some long overdue paperwork done and catching up on e-mails to friends. It's nice to have some time to myself. Maddy is away visiting her father:yuk: (in case you wondered how I feel about that....).

Anyway, onward and upward my friends. Happy sober Thursday!

Hugs,:l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Hello all - great to read everyone is doing well.

I've managed 20 AF days today, and am feeling very good. I've been pretty stressed at work, but it is odd how much less complicated it is when I don't turn to drink, and just deal with the stressful situations as they arise. Good diet and a 5mile run are better medicine than bourbon.

Take care.

Comment

Thur - Jan 17

Thank you, everyone! I was feeling a bit sqweemish tonight on the drive home for some reason. I think it may have been from that dreaded Vicodin I have had to take this week from my oral surgery. I got an infection afterwards, so it has lingered on.. I am trying to only take it as needed, limiting it to one a day, but I still think it makes me edgy and hit the same place in my brain as AL. I hope today is the last day I have to take it! I am making myself very aware of the signs and knowing that it is the meds, so I know it is not cravings. Anyway, other than that, feeling peaceful tonight and going to hit the sack early.

Have a wonderful evening!

Namaste,

MM
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Working...
                      X