Hello, I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm new

I've been a recent lurker. I ordered the book and CDs and kudzu yesterday Am. I really hope this stops the train wreck that I feel may be on the horizon.:new:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Hello, I'm new

Hi,

Welcome. These things will help but make sure you read and post and feel free to pop into chat. This is a wonderful source of support and they have helped myself and so many others.

Feel free to visit the 'My Story' section and put yours down. Sometimes this really helps.

-GTC
    "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Hello, I'm new

:welcome: welcome green eyes!! this is a great group.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Welcome, Greeneyes!

So glad you ordered the tools. In the meantime, please stay real close. Ask questions, read, come to chat and let us help you... no train wrecks, OK??

We are here...

Namaste,

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hello, I'm new

:welcome: Greeneyes, glad u r here!

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Welcome Greeneyes. Staying close to this site and reading/posting can be a tremendous help.

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Hi Greeneyes and welcome! You have taken the right steps to start helping yourself. Until your CD's and Kudzu arrive, continue to read and post on this site. You will find a lot of encouragement here. You will be amazed at all the support you will receive and inspired by a lot of the posts you read. Lots of people on this site have turned their lives around. You can do it too! - Reenie
              September 23, 2011

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Hi Greeneyes and :welcome:

Notice you joined us over in ODAT. It's a great thread because sometimes in the beginning the thought of 30 days or a future without alcohol can be frightening but if you just concentrate on that particular day, you will get through it. There is great support and I find that it helps to log in every day and read, it keeps you focussed. Good luck.

Rustop

Comment

Hello, I'm new

The train she keeps on goin' but it could slow down - Jethro Tull

How did I get to this point? My intent was to go to work early and catch up. It's 4:00 and I'm just now ready to go, soon as I finish this drink. I feel so ashamed of myself. I wasn't always like this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello, I'm new

neither were the rest of us here .. that's why we're fighting the good fight
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Greeneyes WELCOME!!!! Glad you got up the nerve to join us. it is sometimes hard to start posting. Almost everyone here started with a major problem and worked it down to a manageble problem. You are in the right place and you can do this. Keep posting and reading. Getting the tools was a really good start. I am going to send you a PM.

Bear
                      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Well I guess I won't send you a PM since you are not set up to receive them. Here is what I was going to tell you.

To get an avatar (the little picture by your name) you need to go to the top of the page and on the far right click on User CP. This will take you to your control panel. On the left side of the control panel you will see a darker blue box under "Settings and Options". In that box, click on "Edit Avatar". At this point you can pick one from the 401 furnished by MWO. Highlight the little box with the circle in it; then at the bottom of he page press "Save Changes". You now shouldl have an avatar when you check on the forum listings. Later on if you want to import a pic you have to the avatar I will help if you let me know. I know this confused me at first and it is nice to have a pic.

Good luck, and if this doesn't work or you don't know what I am talking about PM me and I will help.

bear

Comment

Hello, I'm new

I have never done this before. I don't know how to navigate, I don't know what PM is, much less how to set it up. and I'm at that really private stage. This was a big step for me to even set up a user name. So I think I'll need a little (a lot of) help along the way. Thank you in advance for your patience. :thanks:
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello, I'm new

No prob. greeneyes. You can go to same place as the avatar to set yourself up for PM (Private Message) it is a message just between the two people who send and receive it. Go to Edit Options instead Edit Avatar (jsut above it) and you can change your profile to enable private message.

bear

Comment

Hello, I'm new

Greeneyes - welcome and congratulations on admitting you want help. That's a huge step already, so good for you.

Navigating around the site will get easier. You just have to explore. Don't worry - nothing will blow up :H.

Seriously, I wish you the best. We are all here for you.
                              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X