YAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY!

Thanks to a lot of love and support and a bit of pushing, I went to detox last Friday. I JUST got home and knew the first thing I needed to do was to check in with you guys. They really wanted to keep me, but I am such a homebody and I was so homesick (for my apartment, for my arts and crafts, for my plants, and FOR REAL FOOD), and being around that many people all day long makes me anxious. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

I switched from Campral/Naltrexone to Topamax. We'll see how that goes. I'm feeling pretty loopy, walk like a drunk, can't put my words together, etc., etc., and my only guess is that it's from that since nothing else changed.

I have all the supps recommended on the site. Now I just need to go get some food to fill the refrigerator.

I attended several groups on meditation and mindfulness and am eager to look into those two things. There is supposed to be a wonderful store for such things just two blocks from here. I haven't read all too many comments about the MWO CDs, but the few I've read weren't all too positive. Can anyone recommend some good alternatives?

One other question, in the MWO book (which I read at least three times while I was up there), said to steer clear of juices for a while. She said she mixed her whatever-it's-called mix with V-8. I can't stand V-8. Any other suggestions there?

Thanks so much, everyone. I have little doubt you were a huge part in saving my life this t time around.

XO

Pink

YAY!

yay, glad to see you back.:goodjob: rudemama

Comment

YAY!

Hi Pink: Welcome back! You are so brave. I'm very proud of you and can understand you wanting to come home. There is nothing like the comforts of your own home and surroundings. Do you like club soda? There's no sugar in it. Also, there are a lot of flavored bottlels of water out there. Why don't you try some of them. Strike while the iron is hot. Look into joining meditation and mindfulness sessions. You are off to a great start. You took a major step in going to detox. I'm sure many of us have thought of going ourselves, but didn't want to leave our families and homes. Now that you've been detox, practice what you learned and establish new habits. - Reenie
      September 23, 2011

Comment

YAY!

Hi I am from the UK I would love to be able to go into detox but it is far to expensive and I have children to consider really interested in the CD etc which were recommended to you i love the mwo ones but only from a relaxing point of view not stopping alcohol so if you do, or anyone else has any recommendations I would really love to hear. Stay positive and hope it goes well
        Seashell X

Comment

YAY!

Good for you pinkpeppercorns on going to detox. And I very much understand the stress of being surrounded by people all day. I'm fairly far out in the asocial tail of the bell-curve myself; more than a few hours with people is just stressful and tiring.

I haven't been on topa, but there are some good threads, and it sounds like loopiness and trouble with words are common, but will hopefully improve with time. I think the point on juice is to avoid easy sugars. Maybe tea or soy-milk? But I've also heard that topa makes carbonated drinks taste foul, so club soda/diet cola/etc might not work.

Stay strong!
          lilnev
          Q: How do I become the person I want to be?
          A: Practice, of course.

Comment

YAY!

Will be back to say more later when I have time, but for now its :welcome: back .... we were sending out search parties ......
            sigpicXXX

Comment

YAY!

pinkpeppercorns,

so wonderful to see you back. good job on detox!

love and hugs,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

YAY!

Good to hear from you, well done!

Lou x

Comment

YAY!

Pink,

So glad you made it to detox and that you are back here with us now, we were worried about you!

I can understand you wanting to be home. You say the food is no good in detox, well that doesn't make any sense as nutrition is so important.

I think it is really ok if you mix your supps with juice in the overall sceme of things- I do. That might have been said to stabalize blood sugar, but find I do need some sugar though I try to keep it down somewhat.

Comment

YAY!

Pink Pepper: yay, pink is back ... we were worried about you !!:h
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

YAY!

Welcome back Pink, and congrats on the detox. That is a big step and a good one. I think the only problem I know of with the juice is the calories in it. RJ was mixing her vitimins in it to make the taste better. If it doesn't bother you drink it with water, or anything you like. The V-8 just has a good "cover up" taste. Also, I liked the MWO tapes and they were good for me, but that isn't true for all here. If nothing else use the clearing tape, it is great.

Congrats again.

bear
                      What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                      ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

YAY!

AWESOME JOB, PINK!

I don't know diddly about what you should drink, I just wanted to express how relieved I am to see you back! I was worried about you!!!!

It's funny. I've only been here for about 2 weeks, but I feel like all of you are my friends and family. I feel accepted~ it's a wonderful feeling to be part of a powerful, positive machine.

Welcome home, Pink! :heart:

Patty
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

YAY!

Welcome back. So many people rooting for you here. I know it's a juice by I mix my All In One with a smoothie, a big tasting one, lots of blueberries or similar - you only really need about a 1/4 of the mixer cup and top it up with water to about 1/2. That much juice can't be too bad can it? Gulp it all down asap - otherwise it turns smoothies a really disgusting green colour!!! Doesn't change the taste any though.

Hope this helps and welcome back. Good luck with your new techniques and plans.

Bessie xx

Comment

YAY!

pink so glad to hear from you .you sound good. welcome back
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

YAY!

Pink.......so glad you`re back with us.

I wish you continued success.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                              X