A story I am told

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A story I am told

someone just replied to a post of mine and asked that I tell my story. My story. No offense to those who have already left their stories. I have read many of them and feel a kindredness towards those stories. But my story is not better than those. I cannot one-up the woman who just told us her father and brother died after she had cared for them for the last several months. The woman who spends all her days at home with her kids, feeling like she is wasting her life when she could be reading, educating herself, making quilts, painting....instead of drinking vodka in front of the TV. That has to be so difficult. Raising kids has become a part-time job to most and no one acknowledges those women who make it a full time job for damn good reasons....values, for example. My life is not that hard. Those story tellers have reasons to be half way in the vodka bottle before noon. I have no real good reason. I have only shame. And frankly stories of shame do not make good reading. So there will be no story from me. The only thing I have to plea is that I want to get out of the shame and guilt. For I have no sound story to tell.

A story I am told

I don't think there are any good reasons or for that matter any reasons for me to drink anymore I don't know if there ever was
    be kind to yourself croft
    rudemama

Comment

A story I am told

Croft, we may not all have similar stories, or circumstances in life.....

We do however all share the same addiction, Alcohol .............

We share the shame and the guilt associated with it ......

We share the hurt that we cause our loved ones to feel ........

We share the physical pain and anquish that drinking causes .......

The cravings, the remorse, the shakes, need I go on ..........

Let the good people here help you ........ but we can only help if you will let us ...............

Big Hugs :l :l :l
      sigpicXXX

Comment

A story I am told

Croft, please don't feel SHAME.
        If the root cause of your drinking is genetics and biochemistry, then in a bass-ackwards way, consider yourself lucky. Not all of us have sad stories- some of us just love the buzz... but then the buzz takes control and next thing you know it's two beer thirty in the morning, and we have to be up at 6:00 am, (we're up, still buzzed but pretending we aren't!), and then shortly after lunch, the burst of energy rocks our soul and YEAH!!! We are ready for HAPPY HOUR!!!

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

A story I am told

thanks to all who posted here. I am inspired. Now, back to my goal setting.........

Comment

A story I am told

Wow, it's not just me.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

A story I am told

Croft.......every single one of us came to depend on drink for a reason.........none of those reasons are lame........including your own.

I wish you love and strength for your journey.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

A story I am told

Hey Croft :welcome: again - glad you are here
                I have been here over a year and have read lots of stories.
                I have come to realize that telling your story is something you do for yourself- and if it happens to resonate with others and help them- then that is a bonus.
                I have learned so much from being here. I have learned to take care of me first and foremost and somehow that also translates into not drinking.
                We all need help and support - there is no competition for whose story is tougher.
                But, it can be good to trace just how we got to this point- can help to figure out how to get back out.

I wish you lots of good things - and hope you have as positive an experience here as I have.
                :l
                Lisa

Comment

A story I am told

Kudos Newyear! My thoughts exactly!

Comment

A story I am told

yes we all have our own story and some are bigger then other .but we all are in the same boat
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                    X