all right, then, let's set a goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got some great advice from a poster called, rudemama. I really like that name. Sounds like someone who lives their life outloud and does not apologize for living. I like that.

So the advice comes on the heels of my next endeaver. It is only day 2 so I am feeling pretty good so far. Don't get me wrong, I am still drink, but I am willing to set a goal and since I have already spent a shit-load of money, why not set a goal. Besides when my husband sees the credit card bill he is going to be expecting big results......

Ok, here goes.....I will not drink for the next.....shit, do I really want to do this? How am I going to get through the next # number of days without drinking. This is harder than it looks. The problem I am facing is that there are now all these people who will be counting on me to keep my goal. Shit. well, I guess I could just not log in ever again. But what if someone has figured out who Croft is. Maybe they know. Maybe they work in the very office that I do, just down the hall. Shit.

ok, "breath" I am telling myself. I am going to take this nice and slow. Well, first I am going to not start my goal until tomorrow, so I can drink as much as I can possible cram into my system before then so hopefully I can make it the long distance to the next drink. Cram, cram......

This is not going well at all.

Croft, I think that you will find that it was me, Betty Boop, who reminded you that you had suggested a goal in your previous thread.....

My suggestion is NOT to cram as much in as you can because you will feel absolutely dreadful tomorrow and will want to drink again ..........

Try not to go over board, re- read the threads when you can to take the advice that you have been given, none of which was to drink yourself stupid tonight .............

Look after yourself hon .......... :l :l :l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Croft: you sound like me .. overthinking things and being hard on yourself.
      Just let me share my experience .... have been on this site two months, trying to get up the nerve to quit for a while ... FINALLY managed 3 days AF, then "slipped" (which is fairly common around here for us newbys) , but am starting again. My goal is to get 30 days AF to let my body heal and get some perspective. so i have to start at square one but everyone here understands that the whole thing is a learning curve. I do know I can do it now, although hell, I may slip again, but this site has given me hope ...
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

yea, I am starting to feel more hopeful the more I read. I just need to commit to a goal. It is so hard to do it. Harder than I had ever imagined it would be. If someone had asked me 2 weeks ago if I could go a week without alchohol I would so say, "YES". But now that I am being faced with actually doing it it seems a lot harder to commit to. I will be skiining this weekend and we always go for a beer after skiing. Dang.

Comment

Hey Croft, listen I know how you feel. I am under water at work and I still am on this site and every time someone walks into my office I shrink the screen. It's nerve wracking. I think nobody knows I'm an alcoholic, but they do. They're just too polite to say anything. i should just wear a tee-shirt with a big "I'm an alcoholic in case you hadn't noticed" logo on it. I think it might be easier to not try to hide. But I can't do that yet.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
          X