Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - ODAT - Tuesday

Hi all

A quickie just to start the daily thread - been on here long enough this morning and need to get my day under way! Hope you all had a good day yesterday and are set up for a great day today, whatever your goals.

:h
    Bessie xx

Morning Bessie and all to come

Hope yesterday went well for you all. I am now on day 2 so am making sure I keep close to the boards and doing a lot of reading and posting. Taking the sups again and aiming to keep well away from big AL :sofa: Don't tell him where I am hiding though :H

My best wishes and love to you all have a great day where ever you are

Sweetpea xx
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Thats not fair! Sweetpea kept me busy on chat so I couldn't start the morning thread! Bessie beat me to it! Its a conspiracy!

Where is Mary? I haven't heard from her in a long time.
      I'm doing well. Continue to be AF so I am happy for that. ODAT. I better get to sleep. I'm going to set my alarm clock earlier than 12:30 am! In fact maybe I'll start the thread BEFORE I go to sleep. That'll screw everybody up! Its pay back for Bessie and Sweetpea!

See you later

Comment

PS, can someone tell me how to place a picture on my threads? I want a picture.........I wanna be somebody!

Comment

RN enjoyed the chat no conspiracy here!!!!! :H

RN you will always be a somebody to us picture or not, here is how you put a picture in (I had put it on the Firework thread and then it occurred to me that maybe other Newbies may not necessarily look on that thread and as it took me ages to Sus it out for myself I thought it might be useful to copy it over)

Click on user CP
          Click on edit Avatar on the control panel
          Choose an Avatar and click on the selection box
          Then click on Save changes

This should insert a picture on every post you have ever made. It took me absolutely ages to twig how to do it but I got there in the end

I think you can insert your own picture from the INTERNET but I don't know how to do it

Hope this helps

LOL Sweetpea xx
          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Hello,
            What time do you all get up? RN sorry can't help with the pic but am sure someone can. Its a work day a cold one at that. I was very grouchy yesterday. Passive aggressive meanness.I am going to try to steer away from the meanness.I think it is PMS. I will chant "there is love in my heart". Good day to you all.rudemama

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for that Sweetpea. I'll have to write it down somewhere. I spend so much time reading that I dont ever seem to get around to figuring all that sort of stuff out!! Well done on Day 2, you can do it. Good to see you so upbeat RN. Mary had a slip over the week-end and has been posting over on monthly abstinance. She had been doing brillantly, just goes to show how sneaky Al is. It serves as a reminder to us all. One of the reasons I love this thread is that I dont have to think/worry about the future. I just concentrate on today. Today I will not drink.

Rustop

Comment

Morning all
                RN, I'll be awaiting the debut of your Avatar...

Sneaky AL....did a round or two with him this past weekend, that mental battle can be exhausting. I am an alcoholic. I am angry that this is me...I have tried wishing it away, making excuses why I am this way, and at times just gave in saying "this is me"...Sucks..
                Poor me.....I have an illness and I will always have this demon on my shoulder.......So what to do? I see only two choices..give in and be miserable, or fight like hell (and still be miserable at times). I have chosen the latter. I do not want to fall into that abyss, because one of these days I fear I will not come out.....As time passes it does get easier, but I know it will never go away.. I will continue to take it one day at a time, knowing at any time AL could be knocking at my door....I will worry about tomorrow........tomorrow
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning everyone,
                  WTG Sweetpea, love the 'hiding behind the couch' guy, too funny. Keep at it! Rudemama, I am a victim of horrible PMS myself, I feel for you. I hate it when it hits, sometimes I feel like I have no control over what comes outta my mouth, just grit your teeth and get through it.

To all the rest in this wonderful thread, have a great day...I'll check back later to catch up on the rest of the posts!
                  Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

user cp is at upper left of this page in the blue bar
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

Sweetpea, Day 2 and going!! Yea!!

Charlee - I know the feeling so well. You are right, either way has its issues. AF, sometimes we have to deal with the wants and desires - but that is all they are, wants and desires. The other way (drinking) leads to certain unhappiness, constant misery, and in the end, let's get real, death from the beast. He is trying to kill us. He is our enemy. We must fight him. The great news is some days go by with hardly a thought of him and I personally experience great joy on those days.

I, too, am sad that we all have this problem but it is what it is. I pray for all of us great strength, continued determination and that each day we achieve our goals brings us more and more happiness and peace.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning All,

Brand new day, brand new hope. Cindi, thank you for the prayer for all of us to give us the strength and the courage to fight this.......this is what we really want......to be free from the addiction.....so we will take it just ODAT.
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Poorsville

OGM! Lost almost 30% of my (paper) money since we talked. At least I'm still sober. If i was drunk i would have had to sell.
                          Long Road
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                          Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Long Road,

Still being sober is priceless.

Glad to see you back.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey guys, just popping in as I have an appointment and have to run.
                              Day 2 today - did well last night but I woke up feeling like crap anyway - think I'm getting sick which really sucks!!!

The weather is bad, snowing and you would think people who live in Canada would know how to drive in it but apparently not - took me an hour to do a 15 minute drive - frustrating!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, will check in later,

Love and Hugs,
                              Uni
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X