hi there... my awaking and the pepper plant story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:thanks: how i feel as i"m learning to love again as me .it took so much for me to see what was in front of me ...until i lost it all.to realize all i had was all i needed.the women i love, my two boys and yes even my ex-wife.there was everything i ever needed.in many ways it was my drinking way to much for one to handle and that is what brought out my anger.to take it out on everyone i love.was the worst thing i could ever do to anyone.to think i had it so bad.where i didnt.all i had to do is to look around and open my eyes and heart.if i would have done it sooner.it would"ve taken so much to get me where i am today.to see myself in that bed laying there helpless with piss and shit all over me .i thought i was dead.but to see myself for the first time.i saw what everyone was trying to tell me.to see that i was going to be alone,unhappy in everway and at this time i was.to make me realize what i have done to everone i love. i push them away.i should have never said the things i said to them or the things i did to them..i put them threw hell.to let them see me do it to myself,all because i drank and the pain of worry about work and where i was going to get money from or my next job..my boys the world is so bad in many ways for you two boys to grow up without a father .and i many ways . i thought i was doig the rigth thing.by being a hard ass to them, showing them that a little hard work.is good for a person to learn,but really .i was pushing them away.who wants a drunk for a father.and in the same way who would want a drunk as a lover.to let her see me try to kill myself.and to make her feel so bad about herself.to tell you the truth. i"m glad she did what she did .to push me into waking up to see and understand.how when and where it went wrong.the when and where is this.i always had to drink.the what .it didnt matter because it would take just any small thing to make me mad and want to drink more..now how can i as tlrgs live and understand. what i did.that is kind of hard because.i do not remember alot of it.it took sue and i to sit down and talk about what i had done to them and her..all i can ask for is to see if they have it in their hearts to for give me.i know it takes time.i will say one thing.for along time.i didnt believe there was a GOD.until the day i woke up and looked around .there were signs all around me..to see the cat friendlier.the pepper plant .i had planted last summer. it completly dead were alive again with flowers on it . and it was in october,we had christmas pepper and its still going strong.the ideal of just saying no and controlling my anger the best i can and thinking before i speak.to have sue back and my kids wanting to spent time with me they have even gone to a meeting with me.is the greatest gift of all .. we are getting marired and take the time to live one day at a time.what i want most of all is for them to open their eyes and see. that i can change not for them .but for myself first.i know it will take time . but am on the right path now.and i know there is a god . i am a better man for just taking that first step and admitting that i am an alcoholic and going to meetings.they really do help ....would love to hear your comments thanks.....TLRGS
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

tlgrs: your story moved me to tears, and that takes a lot. ((I am also a Sue!) and I am so happy the positive changes you've made have brought you back with your family. it sounds like you have been thru a hell of a lot and have made it through to the other side. you are an inspiration .. congrats on your upcoming marriage.
    and yes you have to do it for you first. please stay strong and keep posting
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

tlrgs; I'm glad you came to this realization before it was too late. You were able to reconcile with your family and you should hold on to that with all your strength. You can do this for yourself and for them. They need you; The sober you; You are on the right path, don't stray. good luck.

Comment

Tlrgs - congratulations on the new found you. Your post was very moving and I am most relieved that it has a happy ending. I'm very happy for you and your family.

Stay strong. Continue on your journey. You seem well on your way to finally having true happiness. Remember it visit this site often. It will help to keep you inspired and provide you with all the support you can handle.

Your pepper plant may not bloom forever, but I hope you never forget the day it reminded you that there is a God and that he/she loves you.

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

hi there ....am glad you all like my real life story..thanks for your surpport..

Comment

tlrgs.. thank you so much for sharing your story. It really shows your courage and inner spirit. That was a true awakening. Hold on to that! You are very fortunate that you have your family and your life, count your blessings everyday. And keep that Pepper Tree!!

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

i count my blessings everyday. for being alive and well . i thank god for what i have now .and never want to lose it anymore

Comment

This was a wonderful story. And so inspiring. I am a gardner so I can so relate to the care required and the joy of that care paying off. So just like the pepper plant, much care is needed for your own growth.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your marriage.

Comment

Working...
                X