I'm on day 3 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on day 3 AF

I'm on day 3 AF and my goal is to make it until the end of the month. I'm feeling great. I love coming and visiting, checking out what everyone is up to...

I will say Friday is always the biggest temptation, every Friday for the past few months, I would usually make a stop at the liquor store and stock up on vodka for the weekend. A lot of times I would say not this Friday, but then last minute, I would turn into the parking lot, and end up with my usual.

Is it sad that the guys at the liquor store actually know what I buy, and tell me when it's on sale when I walk in?

Wish me luck tomorrow night. My big temptation night....
    sigpic

I'm on day 3 AF

Down2Earth,

Tomorrow night use a different route to get home so you don't pass the liquor store.

Good luck!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

You are a rock star!!!!!:rockband:

I know what you mean about knowing what you drink. I went to play cards the other night (not even a place that I frequent very often), and when I walk in, the bartender was already starting to pull out my "usual". I had to stop her and request a NA beer.

Don't take it too hard. I try to look at it as though they are trying to provide great customer service, not looking at us as though we are drunks. They just want the sale; they don't care if we have a problem.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

Thanks for the tip!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

Down2earth....McCarthy Bros. was my usual stop for my bottle Absolut.

I knew there was a problem, when we had a snow emergency in Boston, and I had to move my car. Parked in a designated parking garage (free, until they cleared the emergency).

Walked a half a mile to catch a bus to take me home. Waited over an hour (right outside McCarthy's). Decided to go in, shake off the snow, warm up a bit, while I could still see an approaching bus.

Walked in, and the woman behind the counter said, "boy, you'll do anything for a drink, won't you?"

I walked out. D2E, you can too! Will be thinking of you tomorrow night, my shaky time too.

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

Suki,
            Thanks for understanding! I am going to be really trying tomorrow REALLY TRYING!!
            Thanks for thinking of me during this!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

Down 2 Earth - this is what others have done in other posts to help them get through........

I AM REVOKING YOUR DRINKING LISCENCE!!!!!!

There, you now have no liscence to drink this weekend - period..........
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

I'm on day 3 AF

Down to Earth

Congrats on day 3. I used to look forwards to the weekend - only because I could drink more. The first weekend I did stumble through without major problems. But first thing for you is to get home without stopping at the shop.

I would too suggest take another route, or maybe even go to the gym before you go home...somtehting that makes de-stress and feel better. Then the key is to plan your weekend so that you are busy. Do anything that you can find that needs doing, cleaning gardening, cooking a meal from scratch, things you may have been putting off for some time. Anything as long as you can fill you day with activites. I found this helpful the first week as I knew the moment I'd sity down with nothing to do I would be tempted. And don't forget you can always log on here for support.

Comment

Working...
                X