Newbies in need - ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, ha! Beat you all! Gotta love Eastern standard time when you get home late! LOL

Had a rough nite last night at the BF's - total emotional roller coaster as per usual - soon I am going to have to make a decision to get off this ride but I just don't think I have the strength yet......

BUT - I did not drink.........god I wanted too.......all I can say is thank god I had a bottle of AF wine in the house - I bought it last week and just kept it aside and said to myself - nope.........don't touch it until you really need it......

Well, I really needed it as I am an emotional drinker and I do have wine in the house so it was do I open the real bottle and feel like SH@@ tomorrow? Or do I open the non-alcoholic one and get the taste I so desperatly need but feel okay tomorrow. I chose wisely............

So, although I'm not proud that I needed a "crutch" of some kind to get me through Day 4, at least I didn't do what I normally would have which would have been to drink an entire bottle of REAL wine and feel like crap the next day. So ya know what? I'm okay with that...........whatever works......

And now it's Day 5........last time I did 5 days in a row was November. I have had 12 AF days so far in January - and I'm starting to string more together in a row - ODAT.........but I'm feeling pretty good.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - and remember ODAT - whatever gets you through - I may just pick up some AF beer for the weekend - for a "just in case" like tonight. :H

Love you guys, hope you have a great day!

Love and Hugs,
    Uni
    :h
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Uni: I'm so glad you started this so early. I'm having a touch of insomnia & really needed to read what you said. Whenever you get through a difficult situation wo/drinking (as you did), you rewire your brain circuitry to a much more healthy way of dealing. It's excellent! The next time an emotional situation comes up, you'll have this one to draw on. Pretty soon, dealing w/any kind of emotional situaton sober will come naturally. Good for you.

I stayed sober yesterday, & today I will not drink. The ODAT (one day at a time) method is my lifeline right now. Thank you so much for being here. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Curses! You beat me to it! LOL!!

Bad news about the BF Universal. What IS his problem? Can you get away from him for a week or so and think it all through. Sounds like he will never truly be able to give you what you want. Unless he is just working through all this stuff and will come out the other side. Only you and he will know that I guess.

But really good news on opening the AF wine! That was totally the right choice. Don't you worry about needing a crutch - you used a 'prosthetic' one and it worked. It kept you away from the real stuff and that is all!

Keep hanging on in there - we're right behind you!

Mary - good to see you on so early too. Thank you so very much for starting this ODAT thread idea in the first place. It is a lifeline for so many others too - certainly for me.

Love and thanks.

Bessie xx

Comment

Went for another early swim and raced to get back and get online as I was sure I'd beat you guys to it!!!! Oh well, there's always tomorrow!!! Well done Universal on your 4th day yesterday and choosing the AF wine instead - not sure how many of us could have done that!!

Morning Bessie & Mary!! Hope you both have a good day.

Well I have to say I honestly don't know what's got into me!! Two days running up at 6.30 and in the water at 7am. Unheard of!! And I certainly couldn't have done it even just a few days ago. I have got so much more done with my day. definitely more energy. Yesterday I didn't drink. This feeling is too good to throw away so I am not going to drink today.

The weekend is nearly here - a tricky time for all of us but let's just try and treat each day as any other day. Though I have a feeling I'll probs be on here quite a bit!!

Have a great day everyone and thanks ......

Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

What the hell is wrong with everybody?????
          Its 01:30am and I'm sitting here excited as I turned on the computer thinking I was going to beat everyone on ODAT.....I'm #5!!......We're in serious need of group therapy. There must be a 12 step program for this condition. Just have to figure out what it is!

I am starting day 2 AF after my little indulgence but feel good, strong, I plan to run tomorrow if the rain stops. Today I have a busy day getting the house together for a family dinner........Its my fathers B-day, but I'll have no trouble being AF, good support from this side of the family.
          Have a great day!
          Universal, good for you! you made the right choice, don't let him control another aspect of your life! take AF and keep it! Don't give it to him!!!!!

Comment

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say a quick hello. I have an appointment with the hair dresser so I have to rush off. Have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning all. Had such a long day yesterday. Drove down to Cape Cod (over 1 1/2 hours) to meet with the condo folks about a water leak and crack in the ceiling. Immediately left and drove (1 hour) and met with lawyer about lawsuit. He needed to take my affidavit. Took almost 3 hours. Found out that I have to go to court on Tuesday to face those sleazy friends who are suing me. Drove home during heavy traffic a nervous wreck. Went to a 2 hour board (bored) meeting. Got home and made a drink.

Just read a post by Satori......

but I found moderating almost as emotionally draining as drinking uncontrolledly

Wow, that's exactly how I feel today. Not hung over in the least, not beating myself up, but feel like crap about myself.

I WILL NOT DRINK TODAY. The difference between waking up yesterday and today is amazing. Not physically, but more so emotionally. It's just so in-my-face obvious that I'm so much happier, stronger, better without AL.

Uni, for you to say no to AL last night, while going through your emotional roller coaster
              is awesome. Shows how much inner strength you've gained since you started posting. You should be so proud of yourself. We are!

Janice, love your quote about....the feeling is too good to throw away... Will print out and put on my fridge. Brilliant words.

Mary, I agree that this ODAT thread is a lifeline.

Bessie, get that riding whip out and whip me into shape.

RN and Janice, I don't run, too cold to swim, but I'm going to brave the cold and try to go for a long walk today.

To all ODATers, have great one!

Comment

Hello, Its friday.... sounds like everyone has been wrestling with drinking this week. I know i have pms and this is the hardest part of the month for me. I am trying to plan a little vacation for myself after dh's deadline in march a long weekend. Maybe just looking forward to that will help. I'll try to exercise this weekend. To all who posted you totally rock. ODAT is a lifeline for me.
                lots of love rudemama

Comment

All ODATers,

Yes, this thread is one my my mainstays. Without everyone else on here working through every day, one day at a time, I would be lost.

Starting Day 2 AF and will not drink today.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Had a little trouble

Hi guys,

I've been doing really well all week no al, but tonight i was by my self and there was a drink in the fridge and well ......

So tomorrow i'll not have any, although it will be hard as i'm going to a house warming party.

I will try and be strong. Like you guys are showing me.

Em

Comment

Starting day 5 AF and finally slept through the night 7 hours (with the help of Melatonin)! Have a great weekend all!

Comment

Morning all
                        This thread is the first thing I look for when logging on each morning. It to has become my lifeline, and have decided to try and post everyday, just to check in. Everyone sounds well...Hubby was looking at me a little strange yesterday, asked him what his problem was and he asked "are you alright" (translated...have you been drinking?). Told him no, but wanted to know why he thought so. His answer...cause I snored!
                        I guess after so many years being passed out, snoring like a freight train evey night, he deserved to ask....a little disappointed ..a few months ago would have turned to the drink and said "you want snoring, I'll show you snoring"....I think there will always be a little doubt, so many years of lying, hiding..but I am ok with it...BTW my answer to him was...not today..
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Derry, good for you! 5 days!

Charlee, get hubby some ear plugs and keep doing what you are doing!

Cindi, hope all is well. Had a couple of drinks last night, but am so proud of all of the AF days I've had. You have been such an inspiration.

Em, AL visited us both last night. I kicked him out, sounds like you did too.

Rude, going to try to exercise this weekend....going for a walk. I know you are more adventurous than I am!

Comment

Good Morning and Happy Friday !

I love this thread too. It's nice to see how everyone is doing day in and day out with their successes and their struggles. We are here for each other :l

I'm really starting to enjoy these AF days. Although I did not make it all of January AF as I was planning, I still have 20 full AF days for this month which I am so happy about, and with the help of everyone here, I'm hoping to get through this weekend, and next week should be a "piece of cake" through Thursday. I am siked !! I already have a raspberry ice tea in the Fridge to drink with my Pizza tonight.

Also being AF is helping me be stronger with my weight workouts (so look out Arnold :H ), and I was able to up my treadmill time back up to 40 minutes for 4 miles plus. Feeling soooo good !

So to those before me and those to follow, make it a great AF Friday !
                            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Good morning ODAT'ers...you guys are all nuts. I am not ever going to attempt to start this thread!!!

I met my own personal goals yesterday for exercise and alcohol. Since I'm struggling so much with setting any long term goals, I've decided to make small attainable ones each day, and the take baby steps until I begin to build my confidence up. I CAN DO THIS...I ALREADY AM (in a sense).

I've set my goals for today and will do so every morning and check off on my calendar the days I make my goals. Then I'll push myself to raise the bar.

That's my plan for now, which isn't as great as a 30- day AF, but at least it's a plan. Thank you everyone for giving me hope and support.

HAPPY FRIDAY!
                              Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
                              X