virgin to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virgin to the site

Hi, this is my very first time and I can't work out anything. I worried that once I post what I have to say, I won't be able to find it or the response. I am still drinking very heavily. I have cut it down to weekends only. I have read the book, but, in Australia, almost impossible to get the recommended medication.

I don't know where or how to start. I have done campramol or whateverit is called. I worked out how to avoid the feeling of throwing up by taking indigestion tablets ( a lot of them).

I read the words and most of you seem to have made a start already. How do I make the start so I can say I done 10 days etc.
    Gecko:new: :new:

virgin to the site

:welcome: Gecko

The site is in "threads". You just posted on general. When you click on general , you will be able to see where you posted.
    If you have trouble remembering at first just jot down on a piece of paper where you did it. You can also click on your name and go to your profile and click on "find all post".
    :goodjob: in getting started.
    Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

virgin to the site

Welcome

I have started AF but it has been after many failed attempts. Either way we are all here to support you when you start and whatever route you decide to take.

I bought my supps from the health shop but I'm sure you can order on line for them. Not sure how long they will take to get to you. Maybe someone here from Australia may be able to point you in the right direction.

For me I take it each day at a time. I tried planning a day to quit but when the day came I backed out. It was one evening after work that I bought the supps and thought what harm can it do if I don't drink today? I wrote a list of why I drink and why I don't want to drink and I always look back to that whenever I am tempted. Also I make sure that I do have a soft drink or maybe a non alcoholic beer so that I can use it as a substitute should I need to.

Get busy....find you danger zone when you are likely to start drinking (during the weekdays mine was after work but weekends it could be late morning) and keep yourself busy.

Reamian positive that you can do this.

Mandy x

Comment

virgin to the site

Gecko,

:welcome: to MWO. You will find lots of wisdom, help and support here.

At first, Gecko, DO NOT THINK about long term AF (alcohol free) as it can be very daunting.

In the "Getting Started" forum there is a daily thread called Newbies in Need ODAT and the date.

All of us there are simply taking it ODAT (one day at a time) because we may not be able to look down the road at 30 days, 60 days, etc, but we can look at TODAY. Just today.

Many have piled up lots of days this way.

Good luck and glad you are here with us.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

virgin to the site

db2 welcome, i just did my posting today for the first time and i feel good and am happy too you can do it

Comment

virgin to the site

Gecko, welcome, haven't gotten very far myself but the support here is amazing. there are a ton of Aussies on here so maybe they can help you find what you need
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

virgin to the site

Welcome!!! You will get the hang of it. I promise.

You have just started a very wonderful path to recovery. This site is more helpful than I could have ever imagined. Everyone here is struggling just like you and on various places in their path. And everyone here is encouraging and understanding. Stay tuned!!!!

Comment

virgin to the site

Gecko, you won't be a virgin for very long. LOL.
                There are loads of people here who will give you great support and advise.
                Try to read as many posts as you can and do not get overwhelmed. Like Cindi said, take it one day at a time and be kind to yourself.
                Welcome to MWO and I love your name.
                Hugs Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

virgin to the site

Gecko and Maasai,
                  Welcome to both of you!! I am new here myself. I joined on Tuesday. The support here is wonderful, and even though I have never met anyone in person, these are people who will truly listen to you and understand you for who you are. Flaws and all!

We are all going through the same thing, some people are further along than others in their journey… But there is no one out there who can understand you the way people who are going through what you are, or have been in your shoes at one point! Keep reading, keep posting and let the healing BEGIN!
                  sigpic

Comment

virgin to the site

Hello from Melbourne

Gecko Hi knew you were an Aussie from your sign in name. :welcome:
                    Not doing meds but doing well none the less. This is a great site see you around the boards I hope.

Comment

virgin to the site

i am new too - i just found the site tonight... i celebrated my 30th in vegas last weekend and now i'm feeling ready for a change. trying to turn over a new leaf in the new decade. going to try for 30 days.

Comment

virgin to the site

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                        X