Newbies in Need - ODAT - MONDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!! I'm starting the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up early today to see my husband off again. Not too bad this week, he's home tomorrow night then away until Friday night.

Its a big week for me and I know I'm going to need all the strength and determination I have to get through it. I have had a drink over the weekend, haven't gone mad but musn't let it carry on this week. Today I will NOT drink.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, looking forward to hearing how you all got on......

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hi Janice! Good early start - thanks for starting the thread. I could have got up to see my hubby off ... but it was 3am - I'm not that devoted! LOL!

I have been struggling over the weekend and now need all my strength too. Like you, I am home alone for much of this week and those are the real danger times. There is no wine in the house so that's a good start. I want to get through to the end of the month and now I have the PC back I will be on here more.

Today I will NOT drink. I have a meeting to go to tonight where they all go to the pub afterwards. I shall be going straight home. No point in putting temptation in my way.

Bessie x x

Comment

Good morning Janice. Same to all ODATers.
      Bessie, hope you and that gorgeous horse of yours had a great weekend, good hunting. What is your horse's name?

Can I ask a question, why is it that so many men in England seem to travel for their work?

Eye-opening weekend for me. Hard, but good. FINALLY learned that just because I'm related by birth to someone, doesn't mean that we have to like one another.

Janice, I also had a drink or two during the weekend.BUT, I also will not drink today either.

Comment

Hi all just signed up and still reading the posts, what a great site! not to sure what I would have to contribute but you never know
        LL

Comment

Welcome LL. This is an unbelievable place, lots of incredible people, information and support. Hang around, read and post. :welcome:

Comment

thanks suki was just sat here wondering if I should get dressed and go and get something to drink when I came across this site, still not dressed must be a good sign!

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

:welcome: LisaL, we are glad you are here. Hope you are still sitting at home.

We have found if you break this thing up into easier pieces, such as one day at a time, ODAT, it is much easier.

Janice, good on you for not letting one thing lead to another and back down the slippery slope!! Hang in there this week. I am sure you will do fine.

Suki, hope this week goes well for you. Best of luck with it all.

Mary, Hi. :l

Love to all,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

:thanks: well it seems I have to get dressed, the hospital just called with the results of my LFT, not looking forward to that. Its hard to be positive when your just plain scared and angry. Seem to love my pity parties more and more lately.

Comment

Hi everyone and a warm welcome to Lisal. I am not going to drink today.
                  Must get ready to go out now. Will pop in later.
                  Love to all. Paula.x

Comment

hi all
                    its monday back to work and sorting out kids daily needs
                    nice to see ypu all soooooo early its 5:30 am here
                    keep on keeping on
                    rudemama

Comment

Hi everyone

Wow, what a bunch of early risers!! Great to see so many up and about and feeling so positive. Welcome LisaL. You have come to a great place.

The sun is shining here and I have just come back from a 4 mile walk. The goldies got to have a swim so she's a happy camper. I have come to like Monday's, its great to get back to routine and be able to log on in peace and catch up on MWO!! Week-ends are a disaster. Hubby is away tomorrow too until the week-end. I actually find it easier when he is away, I have no wine in the house. When he's here there is wine and he usually has a glass at night. Thank God for AF beer and wine, it has been a lifesaver. On Day 28 so nearly there, another 30 days AF. Well 31, going out to dinner Saturday night so plan to have wine at that but then going back to AF for lent which I think starts the following week.

Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Rustop, this weekend was a disaster for me, but an eye-opener as far as my relationship with my sister is concerned.
                        Lisa, I hoe all went well with the test results.
                        I will not drink today or tomorrow!

Comment

Hi
                          Early risers! I wish I could get out of bed before noon! just doesnt seem any point somehow. Anyway Im in the Middle East so its mid afternoon here. Sorry if I appear all doom and gloom I'm actually quite a fun person usually, well thats what I tell myself anyway

Reading some of your posts have given me so much inspiration, maybe its just easier to talk to people who have the same problem but you dont know them.

Just got back from the hospital and the lft isnt good, just going to do some more research on what that means for me exactly.

Suki, I know what you mean about families my elder brother has been clean for about 3 years from both al and drugs and is now councelor(sp) but refuses to speak to me until I quit, go figure!!

I wish I had found this site long ago may have saved myself and my family a lot of heartache especially as no one one here seems to be hiding anything, drinking has turned me into such a fruad.

Anyway best of luck to us all x

Comment

Good morning everyone~ I'm so glad this weekend is over and Monday is fresh with hope. :l

Welcome, Lisa.... I don't know what an LFT is, but I can figure out it's a medical test.... I'm glad you found this site, and I hope it benefits you as much as it's helped me.

Don't worry about your elder brother~ just worry about yourself. You can't change the past, but you CAN change today.

Off to a busy week! Much love,

Patty
                            Tampa, FL

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                              Welcome to LisaL.
                              Slipped on 25 AF day, Taking ODAT today I will not drink.

Eastx
                              In life we can live out our dreams its true
                              the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X