Mon. - Jan. 28 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread & this forum is very important to me. I think it's because, regardless of where we are on our paths, our goal is abstinence. Today I woke up wo/a hangover, & being able to make that simple statement is a gift. I did not drink yesterday & will not drink today. I won't let the alcoholic voice in. That's the one that gives me permission to be destructive toward myself. I won't be putting anything between myself & the world.

My little g-son is coming soon & we'll be spending the AM together. I went out & got packets of hot choc & little marshmallows. We'll have a good treat together. That will make me very happy.

Be good to yourselves. You all deserve the blessings you have. Thank you for being here for me. I can't imagine what I'd do wo/MWO. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary,

Have fun with you grandson!!

Today I take Adrienne to doctor. Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed that 1. It is not serious. 2. They figure out what the hell is wrong with her.

Then I go to MY doctor and try to start taking care of myself!!

Hope all have a wonderful AF day.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning to all,

Mary, you sound so good this morning. Enjoy that hot chocolate with your grandson. Sounds yummy. I have some swiss dark hot chocolate that I'm going to have on a nice cold evening....maybe tonight instead of hot tea....

Cindi, best of luck taking your daughter to the doctor's. I sure hope they can find what is wrong and starting treating her......that is so difficult when our children are not well. And that's good advice....taking care of yourself too !!

Tkeene, today is a GOOD day.....great way to start out the work week....no hangover, and the sun is shining :rays:
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Mary, it's good to see you getting a few days of sanity (read: sobriety) under your belt. Each day will get easier, now. Your sobriety will become even more precious to you with each passing day.

Cindi, I hope they figure out what is wrong with your daughter. I'm glad that you are taking the right steps to take care of yourself too. Keep the faith, honey!

tkeene, you sound ready to have a great day.

How are you, Miss October? You have so much support for everyone else! I must admit, I love your name. I'm partial, because my daughter was born in October.

Anyway, Maddy is back at school now, and the house seems strangely quiet. After 5 weeks, it almost felt like she was never gone. So now there's a hole in my heart again for a little bit.:upset: I am looking forward to getting back to my own routine again and cleaning up the house, though. That part will be good.

It hasn't been so bad going through all this stuff without drinking. In fact, I think that drinking would have likely made me feel more sorry for myself instead of just feeling the sadness and then moving on with my life.

Anyway, on with my day, after I do a little more reading.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Good morning fellow abstainers!

Mary - sounds like you're getting right back on your game. Your resolve is shining through! Thank you.

Cindi - thinking of you and your daughter too. I hope things at the doctor go well. Will be thinking of you.

I agree with everyone - morning without a hangover is so great. I have a cold, but that's so much less horrible. No guilt.

Have a great AF day all-
          wonder xx

Comment

I'm doing well. It's warm enough here for a walk w/the dog outside. I think the sunlight is important to my mental health this time of year. Yes, I'm absolutely controlling my thinking. I'm feeling the blessings of sobriety & will keep them in my mind just in case the other voice rears its ugly head.

Cindi: I will think about Adrienne today...hoping she gets a definitive diagnosis. As for you, yes take care of yourself. Even though our children are grown, that doesn't mean they don't need us near & dear to them. Be well & sober today. We don't have to think about tomorrow or a number of days or a sobriety date. All we have to think about is today. Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning, folks. I hope you don't mind me crashing your party every once in a while. I just wanted to say, although I may not post here everyday, I love reading it. This has got to be the most positive insprirational thread out there. There never seems to be a negative comment by anyone and I love it!

There is no better way to start one's day then by reading this thread.

Mary, thank you for taking the time to do this. I look forward to them everyday.

Love to all. Cindi, I hope all works out well for you and your daughter.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Mary and all, good day!
                Mary, I agree...grandchildren are wonderful! We have some dear friends who "adopted" our grandchildren, do all the grandparent stuff...have them over for sleepovers, take for treats, buy clothes, spoil them...but never had the ...ah...pleasure? of raising thier own children. I do at times accuse them of cheating the system!
                Better sober by far, all of this. I know that my timing? divine guidance? that brought me to this site a week before my surgery made a dramatic difference in my attitude about the surgery, my life, my relationship with my wife...on and on. I feel so much better now, so much stronger. Yes, I have my down times, my beat up on me times, my feel sorry for me times, but by far I am better sober than drunk. So to all of you who have been so helpful, for all the little posts that make us laugh and make us remember we are not alone, thank you so much...
                Ok, I guess I got off subject, but hey, it's Monday, if you can't get off subject on Monday what good is Monday? LOL
                BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Happy Monday ABworld! I'm in a bit of an identity crisis. I've been modding here and there so technically I'm a moder and not an ABer. however being here tends to keep me thinking about AB's more so that I don't become an every day MODs guy and fall on my face again.
                  sorry....rambling this morning. Didn't drink last night and I won't be tonight either.
                  nice to look out in the bright snow and not get a headache from the glare.
                  be well my friends.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Deter: I've seen other folks mod on these forums. For me, it's all or nothing. You have an interesting outlook. I like very much having you here on this abs forum. Stay w/us.

Procrastination: when the urge hits...put it off & eventually it goes away. M
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

thank you Mary, you are quite the sweetheart.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

My friends,

My daughter's doctor visit went very well. They hit it off right away. He listened to her start to describe her symptoms and her general anguish with being in the hospital 3 days to be sent home with Nexium and told she has a hiatal hernia. Ooops, so that's why she's losing her hair and throwing up most days and can't have a normal bowel movement and bruises everywhere??? Nexium is gonna fix that????

He laughed and told her he had some really good educated guesses and was going to start there. He sent her for blood tests, thyroid being one of them. He said if these don't show anything, he will order more but he would rather take the break it into pieces approach than throw a bunch of tests at her.

I am relieved. No, we have no diagnosis today but we might know something by the weekend. More importantly, if we don't know something by the weekend, he will continue working on diagnosing what is wrong, not just send her home with some silly med that has nothing to do with what is wrong.

My doctor, however, is very nice and sweet, but a real 12 stepper. I was told today that I need to replace my alcoholism with God. Geez. I see her again tomorrow but I have little hope she and I will work out. I will continue to look for another therapist. Oh well.

On the upside, I am feeling much better knowing I have a doctor who cares enough about his work to try to help my daughter. That is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Anyway, enough rambling, just wanted to let everyone know.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, I'm glad to hear that your daughter seems to have found one of the "good ones", who is willing to give her some time and energy instead of calling "NEXT!! I have the feeling that you two will be getting some answers soon.

Thankful, you are always welcome to read and post when you feel like it.

BHOG, it's good to see you here. The grandparent thing sounds good, although I'm still a number of years away from that, I think (and hope!!).

Deter, Absville wouldn't be the same without you. You're mostly ABs anyway. Just don't tell us if you have a lot of fun drinking, please.

Anyway, good night, all.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X