I'm New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm New Here

This is really hard for me I have got butterflies in my tummy. Well I am new to this forum and have been reading lots of the posts and have found some real encouragement. I love my wine and cannot seem to stop at one glass (sometimes but not often) I just have to get to the end of the bottle and often onto the next one. I am tired of the bottle having control of me. I am an alchoholic, there I have said it.

I am going to start today and not have a drink. I am going to log on here everyday to get support from all you great people out there who are trying as well.

I'm New Here

Hiya Twink and Welcome!

I found a really good place to start was by reading RJ's book and taking it from there. A lot of people here are doing really well, either totally off the grog or moderating to a point where they're happy with their consumption.

Keep reading the posts - you'll soon realise you're not alone.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi Twink: I was just looking at the front page and saw that you were the newest member! Welcome. You're brave to post so soon! I have been here since January 1st, and felt awkward at first, but now feel more at home. I still don't post much but keep up on how everyone is doing. You will feel at home here too! Sometimes it's quieter in the evening. Seem the One day at a timers are an up and early crowd.

There is a "drink tracker" that I found helpful as a tool to keep me honest. When I think of drinking I think, 'but I won't get to post a "0". Some of the folks there have LOTS of "0"s.

I agree with TawnyFrog that reading the book is a good idea. I didn't do that until this last weekend, and feel maybe trying to go alcohol free for 30 days without the tapes and supplements was "the hard way" - although a lot of folks here do it! You'll find support for whatever route you choose.

I look forward to seeing you "on the boards".

G

Comment

I'm New Here

TawnyFrog is wise and speaks the truth, Twink.

Stick around, read and post often -- you'll find strength and support aplenty here.

-HopefulNow
        Taking it all in

Comment

I'm New Here

Twink: this is a great place that you have found!! I am also extremely fond of my wine , actually a fondness that has become an extremely dysfunctional relationshiop and I am fighting that with the help of these amazing people here. there are all types of people here, some who have beaten their problem, (but are not complacent and plus they still want to help the rest of us), some still fighting. nobody is judgmental at all and there is so much humor. I am glad you found us!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi Twink and welcome. Just apply to tools we all have and you'll be off to a good start. Bravo for you on posting.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi Twink and welcome. This is a great place with lots of nice people to support you and join you in accomplishing your goals

Comment

I'm New Here

Hiya Twink

I met you briefly on chat earlier tonight. I remember how hard that first post was to make - exciting, full of hope, but very scary. I'm glad you did it, though. Welcome to a great place. You will get lots of help and support here - together we all have lots of experience with getting off the sauce. Tawnyfrog is right - download the book and read it - that's the best place to start. And just keep reading, reading, reading this site and post whenever you feel like it.

:welcome:
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi twink and welcome to a great site
                  Jacqui xxx
                  Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi Twink and welcome

You have come to a great place, read, read and join in.

Rustop

Comment

I'm New Here

Just to say Hi Twink,
                      Nice to have you aboard and good luck

East
                      In life we can live out our dreams its true
                      the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

I'm New Here

Twink, :welcome: You admitted you need help and were brave enough to seek it. You are well on your way to a new healthy you. Congratulations on your decision.

Stay strong. Post and read often. Best of luck to you!

Love, Me
                        :l
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

I'm New Here

Hi Twink :welcome:

just love your spiriti nside you.....just keep on like you said.... log on, post and read lots it does help a lot.

like you... i'm a wine drinker, but today i have my head screw on and it does feel good.

Wishing you all the best of luck.x

Love
                          Teardrop.x
                          family is everything to me

Comment

I'm New Here

Welcome! The good news about this site is that you don't have to worry about being judged. We are all here to help. You don't even have to make confessions. You just have to show up and be supported while you work on getting better.

Comment

I'm New Here

Woke up and no fuzzy head

Thank you all for your support. I am now onto my second 2nd AF day and it feels good.

Comment

Working...
                              X