New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New

Hi. I've been toying with doing this program for almost a year. Last spring I printed the book, in May I got a prescription for Campral (but hardly ever took it) and today I just ordered the tapes and Kudzu (sp?) so even though I am moving at a snails pace I am hopefully on my way. I have 2 kids and lately they have noticed my drinking and not in a good way. Also, how can I tell them not to drink if I do? I've never done this online message/chat thing so if I make some dorky mistake please forgive me. :new:

New

Hi peaceful ! good for you coming on its a brill site not all doom and gloom we share the good and bad . You are on your way and thats the first move and don't worry about being a snail remember the hare and the tortoise tale > Good luck and welcome DD x

Comment

New

hi there..peaceful... welcome aboard.looking farward to you next post and have a great day
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

New

Welcome. I hear you on the kid front. Have had my fair-share of struggles there.

I am moving at a snail pace too. Not because I want to but just because that seems to be the pace I am able to move right now.

Stay in touch.

Comment

New

Welcome Peaceful! Snail pace is better than no pace at all. Every step you take to make your life better will make you feel better and then everyone else around you will sense it too!

Comment

New

:new: I'm new here too. I posted a note earlier today for the first time and received warm welcome from Bessie and Paula. As evening approaches i become a bit nervous - this is time of the day I love...OR...hate???. I wait for the evening not because it is a time of day when I go home looking to spend quality time with my gorgeous husband, or read a book, or cuddle on the couch and watch a favorite show...but because coming home is a chance to pour myself a glass of wine, or two ..a sometimes it is many more. I hate inability to control myself and I hate even more the idea of stopping completely. I'm terrified by it. WHY??? ?maybe because my life would be so empty and boring?

Comment

New

Welcome to you too MyChoice! Don't be scared - and no, your life will not be empty and boring without it. It will feel that way for the first while until you replace the drink with something else to do. I had to keep super busy the first few weeks - change my whole routine/behaviours etc... You can do this! As soon as you get home have a big glass of water and something to eat. This may deter you from pouring the drink.

Comment

New

Peaceful and mychoice :welcome: to MWO ........

This place is amazing, you now have an online support network 24/7 ......

There is always someone here when you are struggling and the good thing is that everyone here truly understands what you are feeling .....

Read and post as much as you can .......

Keep us informed .............
                sigpicXXX

Comment

New

Peaceful - already your screen name sounds positive! Welcome. Dorky mistakes all forgiven in advance. And I think snails pace is a good speed...gets the snail where it wants to go.

Bessie xx

Comment

New

Thank you again everyone!
                    And thank you for the advice Accountable for Me - I sure hope I'm strong enough to do that tonight and for the next 4 nights. My immediate goal is to last with out a drink for the rest of the week.

Hey Peacful - want to try with me - no pressure or anything, I just thought maybe if we do this together it might be easier?

Comment

New

Bessie,
                      I noticed you changed your immage from horse to dancing cow ? Very cute. Am I doing something wrong that my immage doesn't come up? It shows in my profile as Ok, but it doesn't come in replays?

Comment

New

My choice - make sure you click "save changes" at the bottom of the avatar changing page. Otherwise it defaults to what it was before.
                        hope that's it-

Comment

New

Thank you WonderWorld - it worked

Comment

Working...
                          X