Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. I so need this thread today. Had brief but intense and very ugly liaison with Al in the form of a gin bottle last night ull: which has left me feeling very, very fed up this morning. Doing so well, especially going along with AF to the end of the month (feel even worse that I have to go and fess up there too ...:durn I thought I'd made the house 'safe' - no wine, no ice but I just drank it at room temperature. I haven't done that in a while (which I suppose is a good sign) Being honest, I could see it coming as I was struggling but thought I would get past the end of the month. I have been identifying my triggers and patterns and habits and danger zones over the last months but yesterday just got myself so totally whacked out that I had no strength left and Al bloody knew it!

I was up at 3am - couldn't sleep - and hit the ground running. I only sat down to come on here and the rest of the day I was working, organising, planning, running around and stressing. And I just couldn't stop. Until I hit the gin bottle. So, back to ODAT...........

I can't stop working hard as there is so much to do here but I can learn to gird my loins (I do like that term!!) against Al when I am tired.

Not gonna get mad, gonna get even!! :bat

Hi to all to follow. Hope you had a good day yesterday and have an even better one today.

Love

Bessie xx

(who has just found this emoticon......:catroll: isn't it great?!)

Bessie I am with you on giving :alf: a good pasting :bat BUT as you so rightly say ODAT and I am with you and everyone else on that one

Hope everyone has a good day

Sweetpea
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Hi Bessie, sorry you had a slip, Iv'e had plenty in my time. Don't beat yourself up, put
      it down to experience and try to learn from it. You know if we didn't make mistakes we
      never learn, get back on the wagon, you and we can beat this together.
      Hope everyone has a good day.
      Love Paula.x

Comment

Hi everyone

Sorry Al won the battle last night Bessie. Today's another day so onwards and upwards. Just back from a lovely long walk, it was cold but the sun was shining. It really is a great start to the day. Have to rush off but will catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Hi all,
          Bessie take care girl:h I understand the multitude of chores and booze connection ....
          Well i have an appointment with the head honcho today. Lets just say if you are going to skip a little work to go to a political rally, don't get your picture on the front page of the local newspaper
          rudemama

Comment

Good morning all. Bessie, you are not alone. Al was here in Boston Sunday night. Was very ugly. Stressd so much about going to court on tuesday. Had huge fight with my sister Sunday, went into work late, sobbing. Was sent home again. After court, called my boss to see if I still had a job, said he hadn't decided yet.

Called again after my therapist's appointment and he was a bit friendlier. So going in to face the music this morning.

So Bessie, I'm with you today. Love your tumbling kitty!

Good luck to al today!

Comment

Thanks all. Rudemama - that made me laugh out loud!! Classic! Hope you're not in too much trouble.

B xx

Comment

Suki,
                I am by your side today,at all times.:l
                rudemama

Comment

Bessie,
                  Know just how you feel, I could not make the month either :no:
                  But todays another day and I will not drink.

Take care

Eastx
                  In life we can live out our dreams its true
                  the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

"gird my loins" OMG. I laughed so hard I conked my head on the keyboard and fell out of my chair. Not really, but close.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bessie, sorry you had a bad night, but don't forget to look at all the accomplishments you've made this month, you are doing great, just don't beat yourself up.

rudemama - I laughed at your predicament, but I guess it's not really funny if you get in trouble. I hope things work out. Reminds me of one of the guys on my staff who called in sick and then got his picture in the paper sledding with his kids. I thought it was hysterical, but had to do the stern face "reprimand" with him for the record.

I had a great night last night, stayed AF, but didn't get my 1.5 miles in on the treadmill...I'll shoot for that again tonight!

Have a great day everyone, as always, I will check in tonight to read all of you who come after me.
                      Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Bessie, sorry to hear you had a slip but tomorrow is another day.
                        Twink

Comment

sorry

Bessie, sorry to hear about your slip, BUT you had a wonderful month going, better than most of us (me included )

Just jump back on your horse!! (love your avatar, used that one before I did the tattoo one, he's CUTE!!!!)

Hey everyone, hope you all have a great day and whatever your goal is, you make it!!

I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow, so may be able to check in in the AM, am VERY worried as my physical therapy did not go too well yesterday............I almost was in tears numerous times last night:upset: ..............knee is hurting TREMENDOUSLY and seems to be getting worse w/ time rather than better..........YES, I am getting rather depressed, the pain is getting worse too, and WALKING in the airports, in Vegas (what little I can possibly get away with!!)...........OUCH!!!!

Enough rambling, everyone take care and have a great one!!!

Love.:h :l

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODATers,

Good morning, or in my case perhaps goodnight?

I foolishly agreed to help hubby with some homework while he was studying for a test.

He finished studying and went to bed at 8:30 pm. I got done with the homework at 4:44 a.m. and had a conference call at 6:00 a.m. with my boss. sigh.

I am kinda beat.

Rudemamma - you made me laugh despite the exhuastion. How funny!! :H or not Hope you are not in too much trouble.

Suki - :l I truly hope you are okay workwise, healthwise and emotionwise. Hang in there, girl.

Everyone else, let's just keep on keepin' on.

I think I may take a "nap" now.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Boy......AL really gets around!
                              Bessie, you're awesome, don't let anyone tell you different, not even AL. I had a day last week after days of being AF when I just knew he was going to win. I was at work, my favorite wine was calling my name, I daydreamed all day about how it was going to taste. I wasn't on call for the hospital so I had no resistance.............he won, but not entirely. He has only won once this month. Once in one month.........do you know what that means to me?! I have had wine but in mod and on MY terms...............I expect you to get up tomorrow and start ODAT because we need you.
                              Suki, what can I say..........we're with you.
                              And Rudemama...........funny, that reminds me of when I was at work at the hospital, my girlfriend and I walked into town to have lunch...........which included a couple of glasses of wine. The Mayor of Los Angeles was campaigning and walked into the restaurant with TV camaras..............well I just thought that was a hoot and picked up my glass and toasted to him in my nurses uniform!!!!!!! So there I was that night on the local news, a flash but long enough to be recognised!
                              Take care all...............

Comment

Working...
                              X