Date Night Again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Night Again!!!

Here it is another Wednesday. The night when the kids are at their respective other parents' houses and me and hubby are usually celebrating with dinner and drinks either out or home! I keep telling myself that I don't want to drink...but I really do. Part of it is that I've been feeling so crappy even though I'm on Day 10..so its not like I feel like if I stay away from my Wednesday night martini (I'm really missing that right now) that I'll feel great tomorrow. It's like I have a hang over every day anyway so what's the point? Then I keep thinking that maybe tomorrow is the day that I WILL feel better. WHO KNOWS?? The cravings are getting the better of me right now and I could use some butt kicking!
    It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
    It's time to be a big girl now....

Date Night Again!!!

IKIT!
    Day 10! Good going! The cravings will stop...of course you want them to stop now! Are you doing any suppliments or meds? They can help with the cravings..
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Well done on day 10.

Trust me you will start to feel better. Hang in there. Make sure you are drinking loads of water throughout the day.

BHOG mentioned supps - they do help so if you're not taking them I would give them a try. I'm taking it you are waiting for hubby to get back....in the meantime keep yourself busy.

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

I know this is hard. I hope you can make it. But if you slip, just know that tomorrow is a new day and you don't have to start counting at one again.

I am sending you "I HATE AL" thoughts right now. Should be hitting you any minute now.

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

I'm taking EVERYTHING!! CDs Topomax, supplements you name it. I don't think I would have gotten this far without them. Those I hate AL thoughts are coming through Croft, but the glamorous wine drinker (until I start tripping over myself) out of beautiful wine glasses is saying .... HATE AL? are you crazy? I love it. It makes me gorgeous and sexy and funny. It makes chores easier and the kids homework less boring. I hate to cook and it makes making dinner fun...it even makes cleaning up a blast "no, no, I'll clean...you guys go relax" as I pour another Humungous glass of wine. NO I don't believe it. Drinking is fun....there is nothing I've found to replace it yet. Please keep sending the I Hate AL thoughts. Hopefully they will get through my THICK head!!!
          It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Hello, I know: I echo Croft, who is on the mark as always. WE HATE AL!! He is a loathsome toad!! He is ugly and he sucks!!!!!good for you on 10 days. (damn wish I could get there ) .. .stay strong sunflower girl!
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Congrats on day 10! That's awesome. You do not want to mess this up. It's obvious or you would not be here.

Remember your cravings are not physical anymore. It's all in your head. Mind over matter. There is a chance that tomorrow you will start to feel better if you stay AF. But there is a definate chance you won't if you drink.

You and hubby can still celebrate and enjoy your alone time. That scum bag AL is just a third wheel and who the hell wants a third wheel joining in on a romantic evening?

You can do this. Stay strong. Good luck!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Well done.. Day 10 was hard for me, but then so was day3 day5 day6 day7 day8, 9 10 11 12 right up to day 27...today. I for one have not noticed anything to make me feel good about this sober life that everyone say's happens. I am sorry to be negative but sometimes I think you have to tell it how it is. I need to know it's damned hard for some of us, I need that honesty.I don't want to hear that after, say day 5 I will be fine, because my experience has shown me that's not the case for me. I think it's hard for every one of us, but for some of us it's even harder. Maybe it has something to do with mind set. At the moment the only thing stopping me from picking up a drink is the fact I will blow everything I have achieved up to now. I am not concerned about letting anyone else down, I just don't want to let myself down. I have always been very "competative" with myself and I think that's helping me right now. Keep going. I get comfort knowing that it's not the same for everyone. I have yet to see the benefits of my efforts but maybe in a day or two they will hit home (kind of like to think of myself about to emerge from a chrysalis, a better, nicer person) some of us struggle more with this than others and I really think it depends where your head is at. Stick at it, the days do mount up quick and I tell myself that even if i drink tomorrow, I've had 27 days sober that I never would have had before.
                Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

IKnowItsTrue;263950 wrote: I'm taking EVERYTHING!! CDs Topomax, supplements you name it. I don't think I would have gotten this far without them. Those I hate AL thoughts are coming through Croft, but the glamorous wine drinker (until I start tripping over myself) out of beautiful wine glasses is saying .... HATE AL? are you crazy? I love it. It makes me gorgeous and sexy and funny. It makes chores easier and the kids homework less boring. I hate to cook and it makes making dinner fun...it even makes cleaning up a blast "no, no, I'll clean...you guys go relax" as I pour another Humungous glass of wine. NO I don't believe it. Drinking is fun....there is nothing I've found to replace it yet. Please keep sending the I Hate AL thoughts. Hopefully they will get through my THICK head!!!
                  Alcohol stinks - it does, especially if you smell it right out of the bottle - yuck
                  Alcohol tastes bad - it does, why do you think people chug it?
                  Alcohol makes you stupid. Oh sure you feel beautiful, but you are really saying the stupidest things and if you look close you can see your face turning red and your eyes bulging and just wait until the morning!
                  Alcohol makes you fat - there could not be worse calories to consume!
                  Alcohol makes you sick - headaches, tummy aches, throwing up, dry mouth, all of it awful.

And the glasses you have to drink it out of - OMG, they are so easy to spill - what were they thinking putting a big globe of liqiud up on a thin glass pedatal - idiots.

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Iknowitstrue, well done on day 10, keep going it will get easier.
                    TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Hi everyone,
                      Thanks so much...I think I'm going to make it...Who wants gross bulging eyes popping out of a scary looking red face???? I still feel like having a glass of wine, but I know its not worth it, I'm very competitive too and I said 6 weeks AF so I'm doing 6 weeks AF!! You guys are great!! - True :thanks:

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Hi All - I'm struggling with the thought of having "just a glass of wine" right now as I get ready to put my kids to bed....Must be strong, think of the calories. I don't get hangovers but do feel tired the next day, oh well....

Great accomplishment to get to 10 days! I'm on day 2, seems like forever to day 10, but with everyone's kind words maybe I'll make it to day 3!

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

I can;t wait to hear how it went in the morning - GOOD FOR YOU SO FAR!!!!!

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Good Job on 10 days! That's an incredible accomplishment, and it's a true inspiration!
                            I am very proud of you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Date Night Again!!!

Iknow - well done on day 10 - hope you made it thru wednesday!

SK8R

What is your ultimate goal?
                              AF or moderation?
                              Is this 27 day AF period a preliminary AF period before attempting moderation?

While I was moderating - I always felt like I was denying myself someting until the times I had decided I would allow myself to drink.
                              All that time I struggled too.
                              Moderation just DOESN'T WORK for me.

Don't get me wrong - loads of people here are managing it successfully.

But it was this realisation that I was always just putting in time till I could drink again and hating the effort it took to control my drinking (ie I was not seeing any benefit from moderating - just more of the same old stress) that made me realise that I can't moderate and had to be AF.

Perhaps you are struggling because your ultimate goal is moderation, and your mind is subconsciously putting in time until you can drink again?

It was only when I became truly convinced that I was finally done with all the sh*t that goes along with drinking did it become a) easy and b) enjoyable. The freedom is incredible - it is as though a huge weight has been lifted from me.

Nowadays I am actively seeking out all the things I couldn't do when I was drinking - and my life is SO much more enjoyable AF than it was while I was drinking!

As I said - just my take on it - just what works for me!

I can not envisage wanting to go back to drinking now - it is as inconcievable to me now as STOPPING drinking seemed to me 6 1/2 months ago.

Love

Satori

xxx
                              "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                              X