Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do it this way, no, do it that way, no, do it ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you know I was up to two pints (of vodka (sometimes more)) a day. I went to detox. This was about two or three weeks ago. Didn't fully detox after six days, but left anyway. I wanted to drink. I came right home to my two pints a day.

So now I'm trying the tapering thing (again), but this time I am being ABSOLUTELY sure to take my meds and the supplements (though I'm currently sucking at the exercise thing). I do listen to meditation tapes each night, though not the ones from MWO. I'm only on day 3 of trying this method, but I swear I am drinking less than normal. How much less? I couldn't say for sure, as my neighbor doles it out to me in small increments. I just know it's less. And I also know that I went for at least five hours without a swig, and I NEVER would have been able to do that before.

So I am hopeful.

There was the sweetest social worker at the detox place. She said she does yoga classes at the Y here in town once a week, and she thought I'd qualify for a scholarship. I looked it up online, and sure enough, I do! So I'll be signing up for that.

I have this big black cloud hanging over me, though, and I'm hoping someone has some words of wisdom. Keep in mind that it is DAMNED NEAR IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO MAKE A PHONE CALL. I have about eight or ten "pressing" issues that need to be dealt with. The sooner they are dealt with, the better I will feel. But I feel like I DESPERATELY need help in dealing with them--a couple issues would/should involve an attorney, other issues mostly need an advocate who doesn't freeze when spoken to. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find such services?

Addendum: Let me just add that finding a therapist is pretty much out of the question. Insurance reasons. I can explain further if need be, but don't immediately recommend therapy. Sets me off like a full-fledged Fourth-of-July sparkling, banging rocket.

Love and hugs and AF days ahead for all of you.

Pink

I am not entirely sure where you would fine inexpensive attorneys.

But we are all here for you in love and support.

Comment

oh sweetie Pink , I am so glad you are back posting! I know you hate rehab, so I hope this method does work. I don't know enough about it , but I hope some of the "old-timers" here have some words of wisdom about how to taper off on your own.
      As to the phone calls and things, I also don't have any good answers. I DO know that you can reach a certain place (which I reached in deepest depression) where small things like phone calls to deal with issues can be a huge hurdle. just take baby steps my friend :h :h
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

dexterhead;264158 wrote: oh sweetie Pink , I am so glad you are back posting! I know you hate rehab, so I hope this method does work. I don't know enough about it , but I hope some of the "old-timers" here have some words of wisdom about how to taper off on your own.
        As to the phone calls and things, I also don't have any good answers. I DO know that you can reach a certain place (which I reached in deepest depression) where small things like phone calls to deal with issues can be a huge hurdle. just take baby steps my friend :h :h
        How are you going about it dexter?

Comment

well, Pink, I'm still kind of a mess (see my post about my lover Al in the General thread) but i'm much better than I have been than when in the worst of my life periods. but am still dealing with this nasty Alcohol issue which is still keeping me down. still trying to figure out how to quit, but have managed a few days without and am hoping I will be inspired to get rid of this beast ..

Comment

Pink, sorry you are so stressed. Just one suggestion, look up your local ABA (American Bar Association). For lawyers, not booze. . Seriously, contact them and ask if there are any lawyers in your area who do pro bono work. See if one will be willing to help with your legal issues. Also, pro bono lawyers will definately have access to advocates and social workers. It's worth a try.

ODAT, hun. Do something each day to help remove stress. The more you procrastinate the worse you'll make everything. And that will be an excuse to drink and that will make everything even worse than before and the vicious circle goes round and round, etc.

Good Luck!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Great words, thankful. I didn't think about the ABA. Also, when I was getting divorced, I learned that many lawyers will give you 20-30 minutes of their time for free on the phone. They call it "initial consultation" and you don't have to retain them. Lawyers do love to talk after all!

And yes, getting just one thing done each day can help you dig yourself out. I hope you are doing OK today, Pink! :h :h

Comment

you have a lot on your plate honey . thankful is right about the ABA. take it easy, try not to panic.
                big hug to you and please continue to let us know how you are getting along

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

good call, thankful. I was scrolling down to see if anybody mentioned pro bono. If there is a law school close by, that's an option too.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X