hi there.. Newb here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there.. Newb here

I was a hardcore smoker, kicked that habit a few years ago. Next thing I know, I'm drinking beer every day. Now up to 5 a day and I'm only a small woman. (getting bigger though, thanks for quitting smoking and my voracious appetite for beer)

I'm ok with quitting smoking but appears that I can't leave the beer alone. Tonight's my first night seeing how I feel without drinking. I feel really hungry, like missing. (and I know what) :new:

My husband also has alcoholism but different than mine. He sips whiskey or has a beer or two. Whereas I can drink beer all night until I go to sleep.

The hardest thing I ever did was quit smoking, now I think it's time to kick the beer.

hi there.. Newb here

welcome - this is a great place to be.

Comment

hi there.. Newb here

hi there..welcome...hey you got any tips for me on quiting smoking. really am going to try next month. but hey this is a great place . and you have made your first step so keep on posting .and goodluck
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hi there.. Newb here

choices...we either quit drinking or smoking first. i know people will quit butts but not the booze. you will know when you are ready? all habits suck, we should have never started to begin with? god~middle age sucks! :welcome:

Luv Ripple~
        :l

Comment

hi there.. Newb here

:welcome: :welcome: Hi OMGWTH: I like your name! that's kind of how I feel. Welcome, you have found a great site with so much support and wisdom. the site itself is addicting! like we all need another addiction...:H
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

hi there.. Newb here

Welcome OMMGWTH, like you, I quit smoking "first". It was the most difficult thing I ever did in my life. I felt a much stronger "addiction" to nicotine than I do to alcohol, I think my drinking is more "habitual", if that makes sense.

When I quit smoking, I did it with the American Lung Association's online program. They have message boards there very similar to what we have here. We used to joke about the F.A.R.T. approach to quitting smoking. Food and Alcohol Replacement Therapy.

Unfortunately for me, I took the Alcohol part of that too seriously, it seems.

I'm doing WAY better since starting this program, although I'm not AF. I would encourage you to get the book, order the supplements and CD's if you can afford them and start reading and posting here as much as possible.

It really helps to see we are not alone, there's no shame in this, and we CAN get better!
            Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
            X