I'm new to MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to MWO

:new: I'm having trouble navigating everything as I'm not very computer literate. Some of it doesn't seem relevant.

I started Topamax in October w/o the benefit of MWO. My goal is AF. I relapsed in January for two weeks. Got back on track the third week Yesterday, I ordered the Starter Kit and CD's and finished the book. Last night I was reading the AA "Big Book" and succumbed to A. I feel miserable this morning. Not so much with A but in spirit.

Help!

I'm new to MWO

Plumfish,

:welcome:

First of all, and most importantly, this journey can often be dispiriting. That is why we are on this forum. Lots of support as each of us travel down this path, some of us stumbling, others making their way and holding out their hands.

Please do not be dispirited, be hopeful. Everyday try JUST FOR THAT DAY to stay away from AL. Every day you succeed is a giant leap forward. It is when we quit trying that we truly fail, slips are just stumbles.

I am glad you read the MWO book and the AA "Big Book," this shows you are searching and thinking. You will find your way. Just keep trying.

The supplements will help you a lot. Without the supplements, it becomes a huge effort because your body feels so horrible. It is not easy even with them but it is much better.

So, glad you are here and just start reading posts, soon you will be navigating around like a pro.

Oh, and yes, lots of it is not relevant. We have a lot of silly, funny, sad, poignant threads about our lives and friendships, here. We are a big family who cares about each other. If you want to be part of our family, you are more than welcome.

Love and strength,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm new to MWO

Hi Plum! I haven't exactly read the book yet.... skimmed . But I listen to the CDs. And take the kudzu when I remember. I've fallen from grace lately. But MWO is like a shovel for me to dig my way out.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm new to MWO

:welcome: Hi Plumfish
        Welcome I am a newbie also to MWO. You have made a start to get back on track. Keep logging in and reading everyday its a great place to be to get encouragement. You will learn to find your way around the site.

Twink
        3 AF

Comment

I'm new to MWO

Well, I would say, don't read the "Big Book" then... OK.. sorry...

First, Welcome Plumfish!

I know how bad it feels to succumb, it feels like failure, but it is more a lesson than failure. We HAVE to learn something from these falls - you must take a look at what lead up to it and really dig deep. We have cravings, and maybe it was just one of those nights, but try and look at the moments before. We all fall, but those falls just make us tougher for the time we get up for good.

So just keep getting up, Plumfish. You will get it. Sounds like you are determined. We are here for you. This is a great place. Ask a lot of questions, post your innermost thoughts and we will respond. I think of this place like an interactive journal. It really works..

My best to you on you journey.

Namaste,

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm new to MWO

Welcome Plumfish - I am a newbie too, but am already seeing progress. And this site is a huge part of that progress.

And, I have to 2nd meditation mama on the book note....

Hang in there and stay with us!!!

Comment

Working...
            X