Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worried about first weekend

Hi all
    Starting this thread now as it is almost midnight Sydney time and am hoping that when I log on tomorrow night and see your messages that it will stop me reaching for the wine.

Have been trying really hard don't know when was the last time I got through a friday or saturday night without a bottle of wine and we have friends coming for lunch on Sunday, its going to be hard. Don't know if I can get through the weekend but I am going to try maybe give moderation a go (ha ha says she but will she stop at one glass). Help, help, help.

Have signed up with the Lent AF Crew and did mention that I had started early as lent does not start until next Wednesday but can I do it.

I also wanted to say to you all I have been logging on everyday and it has really helped me and I am amazed at how busy it is and I am trying to get my head around getting to know you all a bit more. You are all great. Night Night.

I can feel myself start to weaken am off to bed now and hope I wake up with the strenght to pass on Al tomorrow.

Thanks Starlight Impress for the chat on my first day and also to Mags even though it was brief.

Twink

Twink

There is so much support here and we are all with you. It is going to be hard but we have all been there so loads and loads of love and support

Sweetpea x :l :h
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Twink,

You can do it!!

As for Sunday, put a plan in place. Think of something you can drink instead of AL. Some people use O'Doul's or AF Wine. (I haven't found an AF wine I like but I have heard Ariel makes a good one..)

Plan, plan, plan!!

Good luck!! Once you get through one weekend AF, it will make the next one seem much more doable.

We'll be here for you.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Twink -

How smart to post this in preparation for Friday nite. Good move!

Friday night is my biggest trigger time. End of work week, beginning of weekend, habit, knowing I can cut loose and fall apart a little cuz it's the weekend. Whatever. I will say that when I have gotten through Friday AF, the rest of the weekend was a little easier. Friday night was always the big battle for me. On those early Friday nights I posted my butt off and hollered on the ASAP! thread when necessary.

Physical cravings pass in 15 minutes. This is a scientific fact. If you feel yourself craving, drink a glass of water, take some Glut and Kudzu if you've got it, and talk to MWO 'til it passes. It will. Make sure don't get too hungry. Drink lots of water, supps if you've got 'em. If you come here and talk about the craving before you drink, you are very likely to ride it out. Just my humble opinion and experience.

And.... is there something you can plan for the weekend that would feel like a treat? A beauty treatment, massage, movie, something you really like to eat but never have? Give yourself permission to do anything (within reason ), that makes you feel good or is fun. Naps, bubble baths, magazines, playing on the computer, ........

Anyway - take it piece by piece. You're doing great!
        wonder xx

Comment

Hi Twink,
          We all obsess about the weekend looming when first we quit drinking. You need to defuel the situation in your head.........in truth, Fri and Sat are just the same as any week night. I used to drink each and every night, yet I still afforded some sort of romantic illusion to the weekends, because I believed that the wine made the weekend all the more magical. I now think what a load of old tosh that idea is.........the weekend is what YOU or any of the rest of us make it. Drink does not make the occasion, although it sure as Hell can break it.

Hang on tight........it`ll be so worth it..........notching up a 1st sober weekend just serves to make us all the more determined to make it throught the 2nd.

Wishing you love and strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

I don't know about you, but sometimes haveing just one is the end of it for me.

Would be good if you could plan to have something non-alcoholic around - that is what I have been trying lately. Someone on this site drinks sparkling water and cranberry juice with a lime. If you drink it out of a fancy glass it helps give the illusion of drinking.

Logging on here is a HUGE motivator. But that is sorta hard to do at a dinner party.

If you do make it, be sure to come back and brag your butt off!!!!

Comment

Croft,

Yeah. My guests think I am so RUDE when I sit there typing when we are all sitting around talking. :H :H

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Twink
                Good luck with it all. Just so you know I'm an oz eastern seaboarder so I will be in the same time line as you.
                I'm sure you can do it, believe in yourself because you WANT to do it. Social situations are so hard but keep true to yourself and you will succeed.
                Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Hi Twink, Have faith in yourself, you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X