Take a couple of days off and look what happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an experiment, I took a couple of days away from the board. Just to see how it would feel. While it did free up a good chunk of time otherwise, I didn't like it much.

First of all, the MWO world did not stop without me, a humbling experience. Worse yet, y'all went and had a party and Satori led some an interesting discussion about we are formed by or rebel against our parents ways.

But the absolute crappiest was that our dear MM was in need and I wasn't there to add my voice to the others that supported her. Not that I had any advice to add to what the wonderful folks here gave, just another atavar peeking back at her to say "hey girl, we love you and know you can do this".

For myself, the more time I spend at work with the "normals" and the less time I spend here, the squirllier I seem to get. There is so much negative input at work right now, not from the patients but from the administration and staff--yuck. I find myself falling into their crap and becoming overstimulated and snappish. Sounds like some L-tryp is in order as there are just no opportunities or places to relax and center.

Anyway, I think I've cured myself of thinking that I would put MWO on the back burner. For now at least, I need to come here daily at least to read if not to post.

BTW- Thinking of Hannah, who is the mist of her big move this week.

Love and Peace
    Rob

Rob,

Sometimes it is good to get away for just a bit. Kind of renews our understanding of why we are here.

WB!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Awwwwww.......... Rob:l . I know! What is it about this place? I'm very affected by it too.
      Yes, for now, it's a 'must have'.
      Love you-
      wonder xx

Comment

There have been times I've thought that I'm a little compulsive about MWO. Obviously, it's a healthier compulsion than drinking. However, for now, I must be here. Left to my own devices, I drink. I'm glad you're back. I enjoy reading your postings. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Welcome back, Rob. This place does get under your skin, doesn't it?? I agree with Cindi though, a few days away does give us perspective.

Welcome back!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

ROB!

So glad you are back.. I missed you....

Thank you for your kind words... I also feel the compulsion creep in a bit, but I also feel squirly when I don't. I have talked to my therapist about it - she says it is a good thing. I have found a way to stay AF and a place to be open and honest about my drinking. This has not really been possible for me in the past.

So, here we all are. It is a special place. We are a family. And we miss each other when we are away... that is a good thing..

Glad to see you back, my friend.

xooxo

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

It's Hotel California, baby.....you can check out, but you can never leave...

Don

Comment

Chief;264609 wrote: It's Hotel California, baby.....you can check out, but you can never leave...

Don
                Tell me about it! I unsubbed from MWO so I won't spend so much time here only to find out that you can read all the messages even when you are unsubbed. So I resubbed. I will have to find a better method for spending less time here instead of unsubscribing, I guess.

Comment

ha ha chief.
                  I was gonna write one of those I don't think I need to be a member of MWO, posts a few days back
                  then I realized that I would end up coming back, so I gave up on that idea.
                  welcome back Rob
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Chief;264609 wrote: It's Hotel California, baby.....you can check out, but you can never leave...

Don
                    LOL! When I wanted to depart from MWO - I felt much as you did there Rob. MonaCat actually said the same thing to me when I returned a mere two days later, as what Don has said to you.

Welcome back!

Comment

Yep, unfortunately, "normal" people tend to get on my last damned nerve. At least I know how screwed up I am.

Comment

Hi All and Rob,

I only joined in the last couple of weeks and I can honestly say "i'm Addicted".

I love this place, it's nice not to be judged if you slip and that you guys understand all the ups and downs.

I read what everyone talks about and i'm proud to be able to come in and join or just read the posts.

Its been fantastic, so thanks guys for letting me join in, I really feel that MWO has become part of me.

Choice x

Comment

Hi Choice -

Welcome!

Comment

This thread is funny particually today. Lost my internet connection this afternoon. Provider said they had to work on my outside line and that they would have someone call me within 24 hrs. I was freaking out that I was not going to be able to come here tonight!! :upset:

Thank goodness all was fixed in a mere 7 1/2 hours. Whew! Crisis avoided. Thought I was gonna have to start breathing into a paper bag!! :H

I missed you guys!!!!

Love, Me
                            :l
                            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hey there Rob,

OK, I admit...I'm an idiot....I read your posts before, but I'm confused....your name is "Rob", but your "Avatar" is a girl....maybe it is you who are confused :H Oh, and by the way, I like the big font.....I actually have to push back my chair, take off my reading glasses, and then...I can read your posts....but that's cool :schmokin: Oh, and one more thing, you're very funny :eeks: Glad you're back....

P.S. to Chief...."Hotel California" by the Eagles .....you're showing your age
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                              X