Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Post

Hello All,

I recently lost my husband after a two year battle with cancer. Throughout his illness I would care for him and our children and then drown my worries and stresses in a bottle of wine each night. I thought I would just stop after he died---more than three months now. But I am still drinking too much each night--always wine. I want to be able to drink in a healthy way like a did before my late husband's illness. i have ordered the book and starter kit today and I am hoping this is the solution---any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :new:

First Post

you re soo much welcomed, sorry for your loos and for sure i know how you are feeling right now, you are not alone now you have just taken a very brave step by asking for help here, stick here keep posting and reads lots of postings in the forum and you will be better day by day. hugs

Comment

First Post

Hang in there

I am sorry for the loss of your husband. In a way, this program could be a new start for you in your road to overall recovery. Take the supps., listen to the cds, and try to start with 30 days alcohol free. My suggestion would be to get a week of supps in your system and cutting down on the wine at the same time before going AF. It is difficult in the beginning but better to stop now and see if you can moderate than to let it spin out of control like I did. Good luck to you and stay on the site alot!! When you are feeling blue or the cravings are too much, post, post, post. There are many here that have gone through/are going through what you are. Just remember that you are not alone.
      Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

First Post

Welcome, I am so sorry for your loss also.
        As far as suggestions, have you thought about getting some counselling to deal with your grief? Alcohol numbs us in the present, but it also puts more stress on the body and mind after using it. It ends up being an awful cycle. Post as often as you can. There are a multitude of wonderful people on the boards. But please do seek professional help if you have not done so already.
        My heart and thoughts are with you
        x
        Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

First Post

Hi , and so very sorry for the loss of your husband. A lot of us, myelf included, start drinking too much while going through something awful, and then it's hard to stop the ugly cycle. For me, alcohol was a way of numbing grief. but like Amelia said, it doesn't help in the end, as you already know. Please stay close, this program has helped so many people ...:h :h
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

First Post

I am so sorry for your loss...

Welcome! Here you will find support and friends...people who do know what you are experiencing and ideas and methods that will help you. Come often, post allot and read, read, read.

It won?t happen overnight but you have made such progress by just finding us and joining us.

MWO has helped me so much and I feel so relieved to be here and tackling my problems.

I wish you the best.

FH

Comment

First Post

Add my thoughts and prayers to those above, for your safe journey through the terrible grieving process. You are still "young in your grief," as my priest has phrased it, and you should be very, very kind and forgiving to yourself for a while.

This site can indeed be a very valuable tool. It won't be your final solution, but it can be such a help. Don't be afraid to cry out in times of real need and crisis. There are so many compassionate, wise people here.

Losing your husband (and his illness leading up to it) must have emptied you, emotionally. But let your love for each other be the first thing that gives you strength for each day. Death cannot really separate us from those we have held so close; it just offers a change from what we are used to. God bless and keep you. Come visit us often!
              Jane Jane

Comment

First Post

So, so sorry for your loss. But also sorry for what you went through prior to the loss. You have been through a ton!!! I agree with whoever recommended therapy. It can really help you process the emotional rollercoaster that you have just been on. Don't settle for just anyone. Take time to find someone who you really feel comfortable with.

And please stay with us on this site. We will all be there for you as you deal with AL. The supplements are really helping me. Took a few days for them to start working, but they do help. But the thing that helps most of all is all the support from this site.

Stay with us!!! We are all here for you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X