Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

I have been a Patriots fan for as long as I can remember. My dad has always had season tickets and some of my fondest memories are of him taking me to the games when I was little. He had great seats! The Patriots stunk for so many years but I loved them anyway. During away games my father and I would sit next to each other on the couch and scream at the TV like maniacs! He still has the tickets and I've gotten to go to some great games over the last seven years since they've won the Superbowl in 2001. The sad part of all of this is that if you asked me about any of those three Superbowl games that they won, I wouldn't be able to tell you much. I was always so drunk that I barely remembered anything. (I even found out about the "wardrobe malfunction" the next day) I've missed all the great commercials, I've missed all the great plays. I've missed my beloved Patriots during their glory years because I loved drinking more. I just wanted to post this because I am so excited today because I'm going to watch the game SOBER. I'm going to remember EVERYTHING and it's going to feel really good (unless they lose :egad: - no offense to all the Giants fans out there!!). I'm only Day 14 but I wouldn't be here without all of you WONDERFUL people. :l Have a SUPER Day!! (GO PATS!!)
    It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
    It's time to be a big girl now....

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Staying home with my son today.......first time in a long time......NO AL for me....

OJ and Ginger ale.....yum, yum

Pats in a squeaker....
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Hey OJ and Ginger sounds pretty good, maybe I'll give it a try. I don't think this is going to be a relaxing game!!!
      It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Haha I was going to start a thread with this very same name as I will be joining you in your sobriety today. I'm not that terribly excited about the game since for me the season ended when Dallas lost to the Giants (who I now despise). But it should be entertaining, even more so sober!

Congrats on your 14 days, and even more on staying sober on this particular Sunday.

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

We are watching the Super Bowl today too! AND no one here is drinking - so very against the grain/tradition!

Anything is possible!

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

I am so not a football fan. But for YOU!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!!!! May it be the best game ever!!!!!

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

IKnowItsTrue;265811 wrote: I have been a Patriots fan for as long as I can remember. My dad has always had season tickets and some of my fondest memories are of him taking me to the games when I was little. He had great seats! The Patriots stunk for so many years but I loved them anyway. During away games my father and I would sit next to each other on the couch and scream at the TV like maniacs! He still has the tickets and I've gotten to go to some great games over the last seven years since they've won the Superbowl in 2001. The sad part of all of this is that if you asked me about any of those three Superbowl games that they won, I wouldn't be able to tell you much. I was always so drunk that I barely remembered anything. (I even found out about the "wardrobe malfunction" the next day) I've missed all the great commercials, I've missed all the great plays. I've missed my beloved Patriots during their glory years because I loved drinking more. I just wanted to post this because I am so excited today because I'm going to watch the game SOBER. I'm going to remember EVERYTHING and it's going to feel really good (unless they lose :egad: - no offense to all the Giants fans out there!!). I'm only Day 14 but I wouldn't be here without all of you WONDERFUL people. :l Have a SUPER Day!! (GO PATS!!)
              Wow... I know what you must be going through... drinking is so habit-forming. Doing all the things you would do and drink and then continue to do them and not drink is going to take some getting used to.

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Now I just have to refrain from drowning my sorrows!! :upset: But other than the 18 and 1 record I feel great going into day 15. I'm actually starting to like this sober thing...hope it keeps up.

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

That was quite a game!!!

I liked the half time show the best - love Tom Petty!

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

me too!!!

I fell asleep and missed the end, heard it was wonderful (for the GIANTS?!)

Love Tom Petty too, he did a great job on 1/2 time show..............no bared breasts either:H :H :H :H

Love ya!!

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

This was my first sober superbowl game. I enjoyed it a lot. and I even remember who won!
                      LOL
                      BHOG
                      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

Me too, Bhog....and what a good feeling it is...

Don

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

I wonder if Mike205 is still with us......he may have committed suicide......(big Patriots fan).....

Are you with us , Mike?

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

I too spent the Super Bowl Sober. Yay! I did have a slip up Saturday, but I didn't slip as low as I have in the past.... That's a step forward. I missed all of you and can't wait to go through and read all your posts. I am proud of all your accomplishments and WELCOME to all the Newbies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sober Super Bowl Sunday

hellow down2earth - great to see you posting!!! and good job staying AF for the superbowl. you did better than me!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X