Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!! I never thought I would be the one to start the Newbie thread, but I'm awake and it's 12:11 am.... so yee-haw!!!

I am looking forward to this week, for several reasons:

1. Football season is over, but alas, with mixed feelings. I don't have to pretend to know what team played where and who won, but then... my laundry man has lost his excuse to sit in front of the TV on Sunday afternoons, folding clothes.:upset:

2. February is here~ officially! The January Blues are packed away behind the Christmas decorations in the garage.

3. Last week is over. Pass or Fail? Stop or Go? Happy or Sad? For me, I surprised myself and stayed AF during a National Sales Meeting- the only time in 15 years. I am proud of myself and it truly was an accomplishment. I'm SO relieved that it is OVER, because I don't have to worry again until.... Valentine's Day, maybe? :h

Happy Monday, everyone!

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Go you! I know what you mean about February - it does feel like a good fresh month. I'm looking forward to the Lent attempt at abstinence. And the first time AF in 15 years at the sales thing sounds like a real result!:goodjob:

I'm definitely AF today - didn't manage it over the weekend but I did drink moderately and enjoyably and knew when to stop. I have asked hubby not to bring wine in but he wanted a bottle with two nice dinners over the weekend and I am not strong enough to say no to a nice red when served with a good rib roast! We are in weekday mode now and tonight's supper will not be such a full blown affair and I am sure he will be happy to have beer instead of wine so that's the temptation out of the way for me.

Love and health to all to come today. Hope you had wonderful weekends!

Bessie xx

(who is just contemplating buying 2 young pregnant sows from a neighbour - like I don't have enough to do already!!! But I miss having pigs and just imagine the patter of tiny trotters ......! And then the bacon!! :H )

Comment

Doing ok

The weather is exactly like the type when I love to go to the bottleshop and purchase something big and yum and settle in with it, but I haven't and I won't.

February does bring a new beginning I think, I never declare 'new years' till february as January is still party season dont you think? In Australia there is a new national challenge/awareness/fundraiser called FebFast WELCOME TO FEBFAST! challenging people to go AF for the month, I didnt sign up but I recon it's great! I find it freaky and ironic that for some strange reason I can NEVER open the link!!! It just won't work for me no matter how i try it, sure there is something in that

About to enter Day 9 doing as good as I can, one day at a time indeed.

Hope everyone has a positive and healthy monday, as mine just ends

(bessie: buy the pigs they'll make you happy! my farm animals do!)
      Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs

It is indeed the start of a new month and the 40 Days of lent. It will be 42 for me as I am back AF again today. Went out for a lovely meal Saturday night and enjoyed a good red wine with it. Had wine again with dinner yesterday and a few glasses last night. Am all too aware of how easy it would be to go back to old ways so I am knocking it on the head straight away.

Had a lovely 2 hour walk with hubby and the dogs yesterday and have been out for an hour this morning with a friend. Feel good but will feel better once I am back in AF mode again. Have a great Monday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Thank you Not Happy Hour for starting the thread this day after our US Super Bowl....Yea! Giants....

Today is day 90 for me (whoo hoo!), but even better, it was the FIRST time I can ever remember watching a championship football game without a buzz.... I awoke this morning not only knowing who won the game, but can actually partake in the conversations that will be all the buzz at work around those famous Super Bowl commercials!!!

This is all making me remember all the work it took to "fake" remembering and the energy it took to either try to ignore conversations or just pretend my mind was intact, when in reality I couldn't remember shit!!!!!. Truly a freedom, just being me........

All the ODAT'ers to follow....hoping you have a good Monday...
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Life, thanks for starting this thread.....you must have posted before you went to bed :H Great job staying AF during a National Sales Meeting.....I here all about those meetings afterwards, and they always involve drinking......so good for you !!

Bessie, I agree, an new month is always a fresh beginning....love it. My goal is taking it ODAT and trying to get as many AF days as possbile......Would love to beat my 23 AF days in January. It would be great to be able to abstain all during Lent, but I can only think about it ODAT.

Straight Lines, I like the idea of FEBFAST.....that's for everyone....go Australia !! Nice job on entering Day 9....Feels so good.

Rustop, great job moderating this weekend. You are so correct as to how easy it is to get right back into the drinking routine......we really need to watch out....I know I do after I just had wine Thursday through Sunday. It's back to AF tonight....thank goodness. I'm definitely jumping on line tonight after dinner and reading.....I need lots of inspiration.

Hi Charlee, CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 90.....AWESOME !! Yea, go Giants.....tomorrow is the big parade in New York....I'll probably only get to catch bits and pieces of it on the news. There not many people at work this morning.....they are probably still partying.

Make it a great AF day today everyone !
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi everyone!

I slipped on Friday and ended up drinking a bottle of wine........but I'm okay, more upset because of the fact that I really wasn't craving it, didn't need it and not sure why I opened it! But I put it away, had one beer on Saturday with my boyfriend and made it through superbowl with no alcohol when everyone else around me was drinking. So with yesterday and the days from January I am on day 21 today. (not consecutive but 21 days for 2008, I'm okay with that!)

I'm going to try to string some more together here, did 12 in a row before Friday night so going to try to get some more under my belt and I'm feeling pretty strong right now. My BF and I had a good talk on Saturday (I basically called his bluff and said, I've had enough, I"m leaving - that opened him up pretty darn quickly!)

Anyway, just taking it ODAT for this week - hope everyone had a great weekend!

And Charlee..........boo Giants.........I'm a patriots fan! LOL - me is sad...........

Love and hugs,
              UNI
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

morning ODAT'ers!

day 1 for me today (again).

I am not feeling terribly social this morning, but I wanted to check in, and say thank you all for being here. Without this place, and all of you, giving up on myself would be too easy.

love and hugs,
                K
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Good morning ODATers,

I know many are sad because of the Pat's loss but it was one heck of a great game.

I was rooting for the Giants, mostly because they were the underdog and I wanted to see Eli do well. He did pretty well, although, of course, it was the Giant's defense that truly won the game. Poor Brady was sacked so many times during that game.

Made it through the superbowl AF. Whew!!

Love to all,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Happy Monday!

Hey all,

Made it back from Vegas in one piece, only drank a little, (very proud of myself there )

Even won some money on the slot machines (sorry didn't play black jack, too intimidating for me )

I am attempting goig AF today, ODAT!

Good job on all you guys no matter what the goal was..............

Love :h and hugs:l to you all!!

MA

OH YEAH, Go GIANTS!!! (I always go forthe underdogs too!!!!) :~)
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

hello everyone!

Wish I had things to brag about. Messed up bad last night for no good reason. I was not even craving it. Just bored and went out, got into a social situation, and WHAM! Now I feel like shit.

Oh well, today is a new day. And I am trying like hell to be AF today. I agree with all the words about February being a fresh start. That is what I am hoping for. I am off to take more Kudzu!

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

I'm back to day 4 AF and really feeling like crap. I should be so happy to be 4 days into this but I just tossed and turned and didn't really sleep at all. On top of that you just have to look at me and I will start crying. This really sucks... I hope the rest of you are having a better day. Good Luck to all in meeting your goals for today.

Comment

Hi all: congrats to those with AF strings! Me, not so much - I hear you Croft. Time, sorry you are feeling so low.:h Hope your day gets better.
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Time2Change,

Please hang in there. Days 4 and 5 are the absolute pits. Your body and brain are trying to tell you to continue as before and put the poison in.

You MUST win this battle.

And, no, you probably won't feel super great for even a few days after that, but these are the worst.

Please take your supplements and pamper yourself.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hang in there all....it gets better like I was told. The more away from booze the better i feel although the butts have to go. EVERYONE...continue on the sobriety road. You will never turn back, i won't.

Support to all~
                              Luv Ripple~
                              :l

Comment

Working...
                              X